RemedySpot.com

Re: ProstateCancerConsumer.pdf (application/pdf Object)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I think the Gov. medicare program does not want to pay for surgery. The number of Baby boomers turning 60 and up is why they say "watchful waiting". The line" find a hospital doing 43 surgeries per year" Ohio state does that per week, My Dr., who is Director of Robotic Surgery, has been doing been doing this for 3yr. and does 24 per week= 1248 per year. He also helped do the testing and research when he was at Hopkins. If you go to da Vinci Surgery web site, they have the data, the studies, and clinical published reports on Robotics starting in 2002.. How the Gov. can say "No data on robotics " I think the booklet is a waste of ink and paper.

Subject: ProstateCancerConsumer.pdf (application/pdf Object)To: "Kathy Meade" Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 11:42 AM

http://effectivehea lthcare.ahrq. gov/repFiles/ ProstateCancerCo nsumer.pdf

As part of the movement toward Comparative Effectiveness Research this document has been produced for patients by AHRQ. I think we should be aware that distribution in the US is being planned and may happen more in the future. I think that lack of money may slow it down.

What do you see as positive or negative in this booklet?

Kathy