RemedySpot.com

Re: Time for a smile?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't registered to vote!

US politics can be such a joke at times.

Regards,

Rick

To: Prostate Cancer Support <ProstateCancerSupport >Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:28:55 AMSubject: Time for a smile?

We in England are sat in suspense, there has been a good length of time since the US elections, but since then nobody has told us which way Joe the plumber voted. Perhaps only Joe knows!

B

Regards,

Rick

To: Prostate Cancer Support <ProstateCancerSupport >Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:28:55 AMSubject: Time for a smile?

We in England are sat in suspense, there has been a good length of time since the US elections, but since then nobody has told us which way Joe the plumber voted. Perhaps only Joe knows!

B

Regards,

Rick

B

oh no...he is from minnesota registered to vote and voted for change...obama of course!debby theiler

Subject: Re: Time for a smile?To: ProstateCancerSupport Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:15 AM

Regards,

Rick

From: Metcalf <bryan.metcalf@ virgin.net>To: Prostate Cancer Support <ProstateCancerSuppo rtyahoogroups (DOT) com>Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:28:55 AMSubject: [ProstateCancerSupp ort] Time for a smile?

B

oh no...he is from minnesota registered to vote and voted for change...obama of course!debby theiler

Subject: Re: Time for a smile?To: ProstateCancerSupport Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:15 AM

Regards,

Rick

From: Metcalf <bryan.metcalf@ virgin.net>To: Prostate Cancer Support <ProstateCancerSuppo rtyahoogroups (DOT) com>Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:28:55 AMSubject: [ProstateCancerSupp ort] Time for a smile?

B

Regards,

Rick

B

Debby

Thanks but we'd better just smile and not get oo political.

B

[ProstateCancerSupp ort] Time for a smile?

B

Debby

B

B

Debby

B

B

It was more like "Grin and bear it."

"il faut d'abord durer" Hemingway

B

It was more like "Grin and bear it."

"il faut d'abord durer" Hemingway

B

I am smilingdebby theiler

From: White <white.richard54@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: [ProstateCancerSupp ort] Time for a smile?To: ProstateCancerSuppo rtyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:15 AM

Regards,

Rick

B

From: White <white.richard54@ yahoo.com>Subject: Re: [ProstateCancerSupp ort] Time for a smile?To: ProstateCancerSuppo rtyahoogroups (DOT) comDate: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:15 AM

Regards,

Rick

B

Regards,

Rick

B

Idiots like "Joe-the-Plumber" and that Palin woman aside, I would say that getting political on the subject of PCa/CaP in the United States is long overdue. With a lower level of funding for research relative to breast cancer, confusion over screening guidelines, impediments to approval of new treatments and other issues have led to a prostate cancer crisis in the U.S., especially for African-Americans.

Do we owe any less to the 28,660 men who are estimated to have died from prostate cancer this year?

> > Subject: Re: Time for a smile?> To: ProstateCancerSupport > Date: Monday, November 24, 2008, 6:15 AM> > > ,> It wouldn't surprise me if he wasn't registered to vote!> US politics can be such a joke at times.> Regards,> Rick> > > > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------> From: Metcalf <bryan.metcalf@ virgin.net>> To: Prostate Cancer Support <ProstateCancerSuppo rtyahoogroups (DOT) com>> Sent: Monday, November 24, 2008 6:28:55 AM> Subject: [ProstateCancerSupp ort] Time for a smile?> > > We in England are sat in suspense, there has been a good length of time since the US elections, but since then nobody has told us which way Joe the plumber voted. Perhaps only Joe knows!> > B>

" cheshmetroshan " wrote:

(snip)

> Do we owe any less to the 28,660 men who are estimated to have died from

> prostate cancer this year?

What we owe to our brothers and sisters on the help sites is *help* and

not political rants.

: I received none of the cited posts between your post of 0628 on

November 24 and the post to which I respond above.

Problem?

Regards,

Steve J

(snip)

not political rants.

Problem?

Regards,

Steve J

(snip)

not political rants.

Problem?

Regards,

Steve J

> > (snip)> > > Do we owe any less to the 28,660 men who are estimated to have died from > > prostate cancer this year?> > What we owe to our brothers and sisters on the help sites is *help* and > not political rants.> > : I received none of the cited posts between your post of 0628 on > November 24 and the post to which I respond above.> > Problem?> > Regards,> > Steve J>

> > (snip)> > > Do we owe any less to the 28,660 men who are estimated to have died from > > prostate cancer this year?> > What we owe to our brothers and sisters on the help sites is *help* and > not political rants.> > : I received none of the cited posts between your post of 0628 on > November 24 and the post to which I respond above.> > Problem?> > Regards,> > Steve J>

It is a week or two back Steve.

I agree that we shouldn't get political, but we have to give it to the ladies, they are organised when presenting a case for research into breast cancer. Certainly in the UK we men and our wives are behind the ladies but even we have seen a big improvement since the days when only a few thousand pounds were spent on research. The prostate cancer federation are putting an even better case to government now.

There are substantial difficulties though, with research into effectiveness of treatment for PCa. The complexity is caused by the different levels of agression, possible different types of tumour cells and the length of time that has to be considered for the treatment of slow growing or slightly agressive tumours.

There are also the problems of false negative and false positive simple tests to detect the PCa plus the less than perfect way of separating the tigers from the pussy cats. We do hear of hopes by researchers that they have found ways of doing this and yet the tests have not yet be accepted enough to get into general use.

I don't see it as being political to say there should be more research, but as this can be very expensive, it is probably best if there is international co-operation, sharing info and avoiding duplication. My reasoning for this is that money is always limited and in these times of credit crunch the limits are tighter.

I'll ask one question, if all of you had £2 million pounds, euros or dollars to spend to bring hope that future PCa patients would have better diagnosis or treatment what would you see as top priority? Please don't block the group up with this, send your ideas to me at bryan.metcalf@... and I'll try to precis them at the end of the week

B

Re: Re: Time for a smile?

"cheshmetroshan" wrote:(snip)> Do we owe any less to the 28,660 men who are estimated to have died from > prostate cancer this year?What we owe to our brothers and sisters on the help sites is *help* and not political rants.: I received none of the cited posts between your post of 0628 on November 24 and the post to which I respond above.Problem?Regards,Steve J

I agree that we shouldn't get political, but we have to give it to the ladies, they are organised when presenting a case for research into breast cancer. Certainly in the UK we men and our wives are behind the ladies but even we have seen a big improvement since the days when only a few thousand pounds were spent on research. The prostate cancer federation are putting an even better case to government now.

There are substantial difficulties though, with research into effectiveness of treatment for PCa. The complexity is caused by the different levels of agression, possible different types of tumour cells and the length of time that has to be considered for the treatment of slow growing or slightly agressive tumours.

There are also the problems of false negative and false positive simple tests to detect the PCa plus the less than perfect way of separating the tigers from the pussy cats. We do hear of hopes by researchers that they have found ways of doing this and yet the tests have not yet be accepted enough to get into general use.

I don't see it as being political to say there should be more research, but as this can be very expensive, it is probably best if there is international co-operation, sharing info and avoiding duplication. My reasoning for this is that money is always limited and in these times of credit crunch the limits are tighter.

I'll ask one question, if all of you had £2 million pounds, euros or dollars to spend to bring hope that future PCa patients would have better diagnosis or treatment what would you see as top priority? Please don't block the group up with this, send your ideas to me at bryan.metcalf@... and I'll try to precis them at the end of the week

B

"cheshmetroshan" wrote:(snip)> Do we owe any less to the 28,660 men who are estimated to have died from > prostate cancer this year?What we owe to our brothers and sisters on the help sites is *help* and not political rants.: I received none of the cited posts between your post of 0628 on November 24 and the post to which I respond above.Problem?Regards,Steve J

B