RemedySpot.com

Re: Prostate Cancer Support Groups

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Where do u live?

I am interested in working with a local support group for those with

Prostate Cancer or those experiencing its effects and also to work in

Prostate Cancer Awareness for th ecommunity at large.

Looking online I am not sure how they all work and which one is the

best. It seems that the two main ones are Us TOO and Man to MAn

(affiliated with the American Cancer society) but there may be others.

Can anyone educate me as to how they all work? Do the same groups

often have multiple affiliations or are they competitive? Do the

different groups emphasize different things? What is your opinion?

Is one better than the other?

Presently, there is a local Man to Man but no Us TOO in my area.

Thanks for feedback.

-- T NowakTo learn about the Petition to Make Prostate Cancer a National Priority go to http://www.prostatecancerpetition.org

Memphis.

>

> > I am interested in working with a local support group for

those with

> > Prostate Cancer or those experiencing its effects and also to

work in

> > Prostate Cancer Awareness for th ecommunity at large.

> >

> > Looking online I am not sure how they all work and which one is

the

> > best. It seems that the two main ones are Us TOO and Man to MAn

> > (affiliated with the American Cancer society) but there may be

others.

> >

> > Can anyone educate me as to how they all work? Do the same groups

> > often have multiple affiliations or are they competitive? Do the

> > different groups emphasize different things? What is your

opinion?

> > Is one better than the other?

> >

> > Presently, there is a local Man to Man but no Us TOO in my area.

> >

> > Thanks for feedback.

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

> --

> T Nowak

> To learn about the Petition to Make Prostate Cancer a National

Priority

> go to http://www.prostatecancerpetition.org

>

The Doylestown Hospital Man to Man Prostate Cancer Support Group,

which is sponsored by the American Cancer Society and the Hospital,

helps men cope with prostate cancer by providing community based

education and support to patients and family members. Monthly

meetings are organized so speakers and participants learn about

and discuss information about prostate cancer treatment, side

effects, and how to cope with the disease and its treatment.

Doylestown Hospital

Doylestown PA 18901

Conference Room A.

Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month.

No Meeting this December.

A welcoming package is available by e-mail if requested.

The Doylestown Hospital Man to Man Prostate Cancer Support Group,

which is sponsored by the American Cancer Society and the Hospital,

helps men cope with prostate cancer by providing community based

education and support to patients and family members. Monthly

meetings are organized so speakers and participants learn about

and discuss information about prostate cancer treatment, side

effects, and how to cope with the disease and its treatment.

Doylestown Hospital

Doylestown PA 18901

Conference Room A.

Meets the 3rd Tuesday of every month.

No Meeting this December.

A welcoming package is available by e-mail if requested.

• 2 weeks later...

Let me begin by saying kudos to you on your willingness to help support men and their families by bolstering the efforts of PCa/CaP support groups and awareness campaigns in your area. A quick internet search yielded these results in the Memphis area:

(1) Prostate Cancer Support Group (Man to Man)

Sessions meet the third Thursday of the month 6:30 to 8 p.m.

Ann L. and ph H. Library6025 Walnut GroveMemphis, Tenn. FLYER

For more information, please call or .

(2) Tennessee Area Prostate Cancer Support Groups (UStoo)Tenneva Prostate Cancer Support Group350 Blountville HighwayBristol, TN 37620Phone: (423)844-6600jbutter208@...Contact: Dr. Jack ButterworthPC Support GroupMemorial Hospital Cancer CenterChattanooga, TNPhone: (423)495-4775Contact: SloanPC Support GroupErlanger Medical Center975 East 3rdChattanooga, TN 37403Phone: (423)778-7623Fax: (423)778-6056Contact: Onocology Dept.Greater Kingsport PC Support GroupHolston Valley HospitalKingsport, TNPhone: (423)224-5592Contact: Kathy Visneski

Baptist Hospital's Gladys Stringfield Owen Conference Center (Rooms A & B)2000 Church StreetNashville, TN 37203Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM (except July & December)Contact: call into general cancer center line at Baptist

As for awareness efforts, the Movember campaign which I was involved with is ending today. Also, for the more athletically minded amongst us, there's Athletes for a Cure .

Hope that helps.

Good luck and Godspeed.

> > > > > I am interested in working with a local support group for > those with> > > Prostate Cancer or those experiencing its effects and also to > work in> > > Prostate Cancer Awareness for th ecommunity at large.> > >> > > Looking online I am not sure how they all work and which one is > the> > > best. It seems that the two main ones are Us TOO and Man to MAn> > > (affiliated with the American Cancer society) but there may be > others.> > >> > > Can anyone educate me as to how they all work? Do the same groups> > > often have multiple affiliations or are they competitive? Do the> > > different groups emphasize different things? What is your > opinion?> > > Is one better than the other?> > >> > > Presently, there is a local Man to Man but no Us TOO in my area.> > >> > > Thanks for feedback.> > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > T Nowak> > To learn about the Petition to Make Prostate Cancer a National > Priority> > go to http://www.prostatecancerpetition.org> >>

Let me begin by saying kudos to you on your willingness to help support men and their families by bolstering the efforts of PCa/CaP support groups and awareness campaigns in your area. A quick internet search yielded these results in the Memphis area:

(2) Tennessee Area Prostate Cancer Support Groups (UStoo)Tenneva Prostate Cancer Support Group350 Blountville HighwayBristol, TN 37620Phone: (423)844-6600jbutter208@...Contact: Dr. Jack ButterworthPC Support GroupMemorial Hospital Cancer CenterChattanooga, TNPhone: (423)495-4775Contact: SloanPC Support GroupErlanger Medical Center975 East 3rdChattanooga, TN 37403Phone: (423)778-7623Fax: (423)778-6056Contact: Onocology Dept.Greater Kingsport PC Support GroupHolston Valley HospitalKingsport, TNPhone: (423)224-5592Contact: Kathy Visneski

Baptist Hospital's Gladys Stringfield Owen Conference Center (Rooms A & B)2000 Church StreetNashville, TN 37203Meets on the 2nd Tuesday of each month at 7:00 PM (except July & December)Contact: call into general cancer center line at Baptist

As for awareness efforts, the Movember campaign which I was involved with is ending today. Also, for the more athletically minded amongst us, there's Athletes for a Cure .

Hope that helps.

Good luck and Godspeed.

> > > > > I am interested in working with a local support group for > those with> > > Prostate Cancer or those experiencing its effects and also to > work in> > > Prostate Cancer Awareness for th ecommunity at large.> > >> > > Looking online I am not sure how they all work and which one is > the> > > best. It seems that the two main ones are Us TOO and Man to MAn> > > (affiliated with the American Cancer society) but there may be > others.> > >> > > Can anyone educate me as to how they all work? Do the same groups> > > often have multiple affiliations or are they competitive? Do the> > > different groups emphasize different things? What is your > opinion?> > > Is one better than the other?> > >> > > Presently, there is a local Man to Man but no Us TOO in my area.> > >> > > Thanks for feedback.> > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > -- > > T Nowak> > To learn about the Petition to Make Prostate Cancer a National > Priority> > go to http://www.prostatecancerpetition.org> >>

Hope that helps.

Good luck and Godspeed.