RemedySpot.com

Re: To Dr. Chodak

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well said, Alan, Dr Chodak seems like one of the good guys to me. Closely argued points and avoiding unjustified comments. I like the cut of his jib.

To: ProstateCancerSupport Sent: Monday, 15 December, 2008 7:43:38 PMSubject: To Dr. Chodak

Hello Dr. Chodak.I have been reading your postings here and watching many of thevideos you have placed on your website. I'd like you to knowthat I, and I believe many others in this group, appreciate whatyou are doing. The information that you present in the videosseems to me to be exceptionally well organized and simplyexplained. You also seem to me to be very careful aboutoffering balanced information rather than advocacy for some pettreatment, and you are careful about staying within the limitsof well established evidence.Producing these videos must have taken a huge amount of yourtime. It's easy for someone to take pot shots at this or thatspecific detail of your presentation. It would be impossible topresent so much information without oversimplifying some thingsand making some mistakes. But it's not so easy for anyone to doa better job.You have gotten some flak from

members of the group. We are arandom cross section of folks here. Some of us are a littleirascible. Some of us have chosen some specific course oftreatment and now find it emotionally difficult to hear anyadvice other than clear validation of what they have done. Itis the nature of the Internet for such conversations to be alittle sharper and more contentious than when conducted face toface.I hope you will understand and not be offended by such postings.I don't believe that any offense is meant.Again, thank you for your efforts.Regards,Alan Meyer

Well said, Alan, Dr Chodak seems like one of the good guys to me. Closely argued points and avoiding unjustified comments. I like the cut of his jib.

To: ProstateCancerSupport Sent: Monday, 15 December, 2008 7:43:38 PMSubject: To Dr. Chodak

Hello Dr. Chodak.I have been reading your postings here and watching many of thevideos you have placed on your website. I'd like you to knowthat I, and I believe many others in this group, appreciate whatyou are doing. The information that you present in the videosseems to me to be exceptionally well organized and simplyexplained. You also seem to me to be very careful aboutoffering balanced information rather than advocacy for some pettreatment, and you are careful about staying within the limitsof well established evidence.Producing these videos must have taken a huge amount of yourtime. It's easy for someone to take pot shots at this or thatspecific detail of your presentation. It would be impossible topresent so much information without oversimplifying some thingsand making some mistakes. But it's not so easy for anyone to doa better job.You have gotten some flak from

members of the group. We are arandom cross section of folks here. Some of us are a littleirascible. Some of us have chosen some specific course oftreatment and now find it emotionally difficult to hear anyadvice other than clear validation of what they have done. Itis the nature of the Internet for such conversations to be alittle sharper and more contentious than when conducted face toface.I hope you will understand and not be offended by such postings.I don't believe that any offense is meant.Again, thank you for your efforts.Regards,Alan Meyer

I couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!

I too have watched all of Dr. Chodak's videos, and I hope he will continue to make more of them.

He has done us all a great service, and should be very proud of his service to all the men and their families, for helping us to understand this terrible insidious disease.

I 'm sure that his Videos have greatly helped us all to know our enemy, "PC", and they have alleviated some of our anxiety.

I know that the Video's have helped my wife and I tremendously!!

Thank you Dr. Chodak!

To Dr. Chodak

Hello Dr. Chodak.I have been reading your postings here and watching many of thevideos you have placed on your website. I'd like you to knowthat I, and I believe many others in this group, appreciate whatyou are doing. The information that you present in the videosseems to me to be exceptionally well organized and simplyexplained. You also seem to me to be very careful aboutoffering balanced information rather than advocacy for some pettreatment, and you are careful about staying within the limitsof well established evidence.Producing these videos must have taken a huge amount of yourtime. It's easy for someone to take pot shots at this or thatspecific detail of your presentation. It would be impossible topresent so much information without oversimplifying some thingsand making some mistakes. But it's not so easy for anyone to doa better job.You have gotten some flak from members of the group. We are arandom cross section of folks here. Some of us are a littleirascible. Some of us have chosen some specific course oftreatment and now find it emotionally difficult to hear anyadvice other than clear validation of what they have done. Itis the nature of the Internet for such conversations to be alittle sharper and more contentious than when conducted face toface.I hope you will understand and not be offended by such postings.I don't believe that any offense is meant.Again, thank you for your efforts.Regards,Alan Meyer

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.9.18/1849 - Release Date: 12/15/08 9:01 AM

I too have watched all of Dr. Chodak's videos, and I hope he will continue to make more of them.

He has done us all a great service, and should be very proud of his service to all the men and their families, for helping us to understand this terrible insidious disease.

I 'm sure that his Videos have greatly helped us all to know our enemy, "PC", and they have alleviated some of our anxiety.

I know that the Video's have helped my wife and I tremendously!!

Thank you Dr. Chodak!

To Dr. Chodak

Hello Dr. Chodak.I have been reading your postings here and watching many of thevideos you have placed on your website. I'd like you to knowthat I, and I believe many others in this group, appreciate whatyou are doing. The information that you present in the videosseems to me to be exceptionally well organized and simplyexplained. You also seem to me to be very careful aboutoffering balanced information rather than advocacy for some pettreatment, and you are careful about staying within the limitsof well established evidence.Producing these videos must have taken a huge amount of yourtime. It's easy for someone to take pot shots at this or thatspecific detail of your presentation. It would be impossible topresent so much information without oversimplifying some thingsand making some mistakes. But it's not so easy for anyone to doa better job.You have gotten some flak from members of the group. We are arandom cross section of folks here. Some of us are a littleirascible. Some of us have chosen some specific course oftreatment and now find it emotionally difficult to hear anyadvice other than clear validation of what they have done. Itis the nature of the Internet for such conversations to be alittle sharper and more contentious than when conducted face toface.I hope you will understand and not be offended by such postings.I don't believe that any offense is meant.Again, thank you for your efforts.Regards,Alan Meyer

No virus found in this incoming message.Checked by AVG. Version: 7.5.552 / Virus Database: 270.9.18/1849 - Release Date: 12/15/08 9:01 AM

I thank you all for your comments.  I realize that many may not like some of things being said, but it is hard to please everyone all of the time.  I will continue to do my best to make this educational, easy to understand and to reflect the best science available.  If you would like to see any topics not yet included, please make your suggestions.  I plan to make some new ones this week due to the recent media stories.  Gerald Chodak, M.D.To: ProstateCancerSupport Sent: Monday, December 15, 2008 3:10:26 PMSubject: Re: To Dr. Chodak

I too  have watched all of Dr. Chodak's videos, and I hope he will continue to make more of them.

I 'm sure that his Videos have greatly helped us all to know our enemy, "PC", and they have alleviated some of our anxiety.

I know that the Video's have helped my wife and I tremendously! !

Thank you Dr. Chodak!

[ProstateCancerSupp ort] To Dr. Chodak