RemedySpot.com

Hi, I'm new

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi . I am also new here (about a week, I guess). I am in the same situation you are. My dd, Liz, will be 13 next week. She was diagnosed with ADHD when she was 8. She was doing pretty well until this past year in school, when things started becoming hard for her. I reached out to my two sisters, both of whom happen to be speech language pathologists, and it was "well, now that you mention it...." and they started giving me all the signs of AS she has (things like her messy eating style, her topics of conversation and the fact that all her close friends are boys). When I mentioned this this the school guidance counselor she said "yes, that possibility was raised here, too." When I told my mother we were going to have her evaluated she said "I'm glad you told me. I've known something was wrong with her for a while." HUH???? Anyway, we just started the process of having her evaluated. I am told she is most likely at the far end of the spectrum, because while she is socially awkward, she is never antisocial or a trouble maker. Her teachers all love her. She is more socially awkward and has difficulty with change and organization and things like that. From: laurahobbs2000@...Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2010 21:54:39 +0000Subject: ( ) Hi, I'm new

Hi everyone, I'm new to the group and don't know where to begin. Just had an ARD meeting at my sons school for my son (8) speech when they brought up Aspergers. We are getting the school psychologist to observe him. I also set up a private evaluation at our local hospital in Dallas. After doing my own research I'm sure has Aspergers Syndrome. My mom and sister said they thought he had it, but never brought it up to me because they didn't want to hurt my feelings! I'm in overload with emotions, questions... We have three kids, 8,6 and 4. I'm a stay at home mom and my husband is an attorney. We are of Jewish faith. My son is such a sweet boy, but I'm so worried about him now. I just wanted to introduce myself and say "hi" to everyone. I know this will be a great source of support as we go though this journey. Thanks for reading...

Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.