Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Lyssa. Thanks for asking about me. I just got back today. The dh

and I went to visit my sister and her family in New Jersey. We drove

out there from Chicago. We left on the 26th. We arrived on Wednesday

night just in time for rush hour! She lives in Jersey City just across

the river from New York. They are totally rebuilding her area. It's

very exciting to see the progress. We spent the rest of the week with

them and then left on Monday afternoon for Virginia and West Virginia.

I love the mountains. It was beautiful.

I hope everyone had a nice New Years!

Beth

> Is Beth back yet?

Dear Beth sounds like you had a great trip . the rest of us sat on our

butts and ate too much lol but we are all back on induction right guys??????

well the ones who dont have the flu are anyway

catherine

-----

Beth do you have family in Virginia? Ive never been but one day hope we can.

My dh isn't really into road trips but since we're on the east coast I'd

love one summer to drive down the coast into Georgia, Fl, NC etc .. I think

he has an aunt in VA now that I think about it.

Well I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your family

Lyssa

Thanks Lyssa. I don't have any family in Virginia. When I was growing

up, my family would take vacations up and down the eastern seaboard. I

have always loved Virginia. Visiting my sister and her family in New

Jersey was the perfect excuse to extend our vacation. If we would have

had more time, I would have loved to go to North and South Carolina.

Maybe next time.

Beth

> Beth do you have family in Virginia? Ive never been but one day hope

we can.

> My dh isn't really into road trips but since we're on the east coast

I'd

> love one summer to drive down the coast into Georgia, Fl, NC etc ..

I think

> he has an aunt in VA now that I think about it.

> Well I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your family

Thanks Lyssa. I don't have any family in Virginia. When I was growing

up, my family would take vacations up and down the eastern seaboard. I

have always loved Virginia. Visiting my sister and her family in New

Jersey was the perfect excuse to extend our vacation. If we would have

had more time, I would have loved to go to North and South Carolina.

Maybe next time.

Beth

> Beth do you have family in Virginia? Ive never been but one day hope

we can.

> My dh isn't really into road trips but since we're on the east coast

I'd

> love one summer to drive down the coast into Georgia, Fl, NC etc ..

I think

> he has an aunt in VA now that I think about it.

> Well I'm glad you had a wonderful trip with your family

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest guest

Joyce or Beth, What conserver are you referring to? I was told the last visit to use 5L while active also

So the big tank is a pain for me too.

Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida " Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up "

Beth,

Finally, after all this time, my 02 provider ordered the conserver that you told me about. This has been a fiasco. But, I kept after them. Lazies abound everywhere.

When I go into the grocery or any place that I have to walk, I have to take a big tank because I have to have it on 5 continuous. It lasts a little over an hour. I hate to deal with those big mamas. This mess sure doesn't get easier!

Thanks again for the info!

Hugs, Joyce

Guest guest

Joyce or Beth, What conserver are you referring to? I was told the last visit to use 5L while active also

Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida " Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up "

Beth,

Finally, after all this time, my 02 provider ordered the conserver that you told me about. This has been a fiasco. But, I kept after them. Lazies abound everywhere.

When I go into the grocery or any place that I have to walk, I have to take a big tank because I have to have it on 5 continuous. It lasts a little over an hour. I hate to deal with those big mamas. This mess sure doesn't get easier!

Hugs, Joyce

Guest guest

Beth,

Hugs, Joyce

Guest guest

Joyce,

I'm glad they finally got it for you. Holy moly who would have thought that something so small could cause so much chaos? Hope it's working for you the way you need it to. True "demand" conservers are few and far between sometimes even the folks who work for the O2 providers don't understand the difference and why one would be desirable. Victor Medical makes one and Chad Theraputics is supposedly now selling one that was just approved by the FDA.

I just don't do as well on a "pulse" system whether it's a conserver or a portable conentrator. I need either continuous flow or a demand conserver that keeps providing O2 as long as I'm inhaling. Seems pretty simple to me but obviously it's not always!

Anywho, I'm glad you have it and I'm counting the days till I can give you (and every one else) a hug in person!

Beth in NY Fibrotic NSIP 06/06

"At the evening of life we shall be judged on our love."

St of the Cross

Beth

Beth,

Hugs, Joyce

Guest guest

Peggy,

It's a O2nDemand by Victor Medical. It's a demand conserver that provides up to 6 lpm and you can switch from conserve to continuous. It's different from other conservers in that you can truly get continuous flow up to 6 LPM and not just 2 LPM.

I've had one for over a year, it's all I've used except for the plain old continuous flow regulator which I use when I'm exercising and I'm on a tank.

St of the Cross

Re: Beth

Joyce or Beth, What conserver are you referring to? I was told the last visit to use 5L while active alsoSo the big tank is a pain for me too. Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida "Worry looks around, Sorry looks back, Faith looks up"

Beth, Finally, after all this time, my 02 provider ordered the conserver that you told me about. This has been a fiasco. But, I kept after them. Lazies abound everywhere. When I go into the grocery or any place that I have to walk, I have to take a big tank because I have to have it on 5 continuous. It lasts a little over an hour. I hate to deal with those big mamas. This mess sure doesn't get easier! Thanks again for the info! Hugs, Joyce

Guest guest

Peggy,

This is the one that I have been trying to get: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/store/Victor/Medical/Images/Conserver.jpg & imgrefurl=http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/store/Victor/Medical/O2NDemand.html & h=372 & w=418 & sz=90 & hl=en & start=1 & um=1 & tbnid=fRL0GXv-F9_mKM: & tbnh=111 & tbnw=125 & prev=/images?q%3DVICTOR%2BMEDICAL%2BON%2BDEMAND%2BIII%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US

Re: 02 conserverý

Sent: Mon 7/30/07 7:26 PM

To: joyce dalton

Joyce, My name is Masson and I received your question about a single medical regulator. Victor has a regulator that does exactly what you are looking for.It goes from pulse to 6L so you would not have to change regulators any more.Your cost would be $262.62 delivered to your home. Let us know if we can help you.Bob @ J AND R WELDING SUPPLY

I got confirmation from my Apria contact just today that they finally ordered it. This is thier response:

I have it on order, as soon as I will get it to you. Sorry about the delay it was the first time we had ordered this as a company.________________________________________________________

FullerLogistics SupervisorApria HealthcarePhone:Fax: Apria Healthcare

This one is supposed to let you use pulse when just sitting at whatever your needs are......for me that is 4L. It also allows you, at the flip of the switch, to go to constant flow at whatever you need.....for me that is 5L. All other regulators/conservers go to 2L at constant flow.

For the last month, I have been carrying either two tanks (with help) one with a pulse regulator and one with a constant flow regulator that would go to 5. What a mess. I tried just taking the two regulators and changing but the time it took me to change the regulator from one tank to the other was too long without 02. This makes it simple.

Now, the time that your tank is running on constant it really uses your 02 fast. I have been using my big mama E tank to walk through Walmart or the grocery. I bungee cord it onto the side or back of the store cart. I am also going to get one of those bags that you hang the E tank onto the back of wheel chairs to hang on the carts. (It's all about shopping) I am going to get a tank holder for my rollater, too.

I also put 3 or more m6 tanks in my rolling back pack and it lasts quite awhile. On constant 5L they only last about 20 minutes, tho.

This is getting more and more difficult. It is really difficult when I am trying to go anywhere by myself. The heaviness of E tanks and more tanks is too much to deal with. I hate being dependant on people, tho.

Sorry so long....

Hugs, Joyce D.

>> Joyce or Beth, What conserver are you referring to? I was told the last> visit to use 5L while active also> So the big tank is a pain for me too.> > Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida "Worry looks around, Sorry> looks back, Faith looks up"> > Beth, > > Finally, after all this time, my 02 provider ordered the conserver that you> told me about. This has been a fiasco. But, I kept after them. Lazies> abound everywhere. > > When I go into the grocery or any place that I have to walk, I have to take> a big tank because I have to have it on 5 continuous. It lasts a little> over an hour. I hate to deal with those big mamas. This mess sure doesn't> get easier! > > Thanks again for the info!> > Hugs, Joyce>

Guest guest

Peggy,

This is the one that I have been trying to get: http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/store/Victor/Medical/Images/Conserver.jpg & imgrefurl=http://www.jandrweldingsupply.com/store/Victor/Medical/O2NDemand.html & h=372 & w=418 & sz=90 & hl=en & start=1 & um=1 & tbnid=fRL0GXv-F9_mKM: & tbnh=111 & tbnw=125 & prev=/images?q%3DVICTOR%2BMEDICAL%2BON%2BDEMAND%2BIII%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US

Re: 02 conserverý

Sent: Mon 7/30/07 7:26 PM

To: joyce dalton

Joyce, My name is Masson and I received your question about a single medical regulator. Victor has a regulator that does exactly what you are looking for.It goes from pulse to 6L so you would not have to change regulators any more.Your cost would be $262.62 delivered to your home. Let us know if we can help you.Bob @ J AND R WELDING SUPPLY

I got confirmation from my Apria contact just today that they finally ordered it. This is thier response:

I have it on order, as soon as I will get it to you. Sorry about the delay it was the first time we had ordered this as a company.________________________________________________________

FullerLogistics SupervisorApria HealthcarePhone:Fax: Apria Healthcare

This one is supposed to let you use pulse when just sitting at whatever your needs are......for me that is 4L. It also allows you, at the flip of the switch, to go to constant flow at whatever you need.....for me that is 5L. All other regulators/conservers go to 2L at constant flow.

For the last month, I have been carrying either two tanks (with help) one with a pulse regulator and one with a constant flow regulator that would go to 5. What a mess. I tried just taking the two regulators and changing but the time it took me to change the regulator from one tank to the other was too long without 02. This makes it simple.

Now, the time that your tank is running on constant it really uses your 02 fast. I have been using my big mama E tank to walk through Walmart or the grocery. I bungee cord it onto the side or back of the store cart. I am also going to get one of those bags that you hang the E tank onto the back of wheel chairs to hang on the carts. (It's all about shopping) I am going to get a tank holder for my rollater, too.

I also put 3 or more m6 tanks in my rolling back pack and it lasts quite awhile. On constant 5L they only last about 20 minutes, tho.

This is getting more and more difficult. It is really difficult when I am trying to go anywhere by myself. The heaviness of E tanks and more tanks is too much to deal with. I hate being dependant on people, tho.

Sorry so long....

Hugs, Joyce D.

>> Joyce or Beth, What conserver are you referring to? I was told the last> visit to use 5L while active also> So the big tank is a pain for me too.> > Love and Prayers, Peggy 9/04 ipf Florida "Worry looks around, Sorry> looks back, Faith looks up"> > Beth, > > Finally, after all this time, my 02 provider ordered the conserver that you> told me about. This has been a fiasco. But, I kept after them. Lazies> abound everywhere. > > When I go into the grocery or any place that I have to walk, I have to take> a big tank because I have to have it on 5 continuous. It lasts a little> over an hour. I hate to deal with those big mamas. This mess sure doesn't> get easier! > > Thanks again for the info!> > Hugs, Joyce>

Guest guest

The one I just bought is the Chad Cypress 512. I am supposed to get just as much on pulse as by continues flow. I love it. Ya can't even hear it, My insurance (Apr) company is a major pain. I am changing to Linacre soon.

Can't wait to see Ya.

Peggy,

It's a O2nDemand by Victor Medical. It's a demand conserver that provides up to 6 lpm and you can switch from conserve to continuous. It's different from other conservers in that you can truly get continuous flow up to 6 LPM and not just 2 LPM.

I've had one for over a year, it's all I've used except for the plain old continuous flow regulator which I use when I'm exercising and I'm on a tank.

" At the evening of life we shall be judged on our love. "

St of the Cross

Beth,

Hugs, Joyce

Guest guest

The one I just bought is the Chad Cypress 512. I am supposed to get just as much on pulse as by continues flow. I love it. Ya can't even hear it, My insurance (Apr) company is a major pain. I am changing to Linacre soon.

Can't wait to see Ya.

Peggy,

" At the evening of life we shall be judged on our love. "

St of the Cross

Beth,

Hugs, Joyce

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Peggy...it is exciting to see the progress being made from week to week. My brother-in-love Rob is a certified wacko which is why he fits in so well with this family. LOL And as you can see their little girls and Grace are just too darn cute for their own good.

I talked to Leanne yesterday I think. She was at work and I completely forgot to ask her about the biopsy....maybe it's this coming week? She sounded good.

I can't wait to meet you finally, we're going to have such fun!!

St of the Cross

Beth

I love your new home. And that bathroom, Looks like your bro-in-love is taking full advantage..lol. .I'm tickled to see it is coming along so nicely..I can't wait to see your sweet face.. Love, PeggyHas anyone heard from Leanne? She was to have that biopsy this week..

Thanks Peggy...it is exciting to see the progress being made from week to week. My brother-in-love Rob is a certified wacko which is why he fits in so well with this family. LOL And as you can see their little girls and Grace are just too darn cute for their own good.

I talked to Leanne yesterday I think. She was at work and I completely forgot to ask her about the biopsy....maybe it's this coming week? She sounded good.

St of the Cross

Beth

I love your new home. And that bathroom, Looks like your bro-in-love is taking full advantage..lol. .I'm tickled to see it is coming along so nicely..I can't wait to see your sweet face.. Love, PeggyHas anyone heard from Leanne? She was to have that biopsy this week..

St of the Cross

Beth

• 4 weeks later...

I definitely carry way too much weight on my right shoulder. I usually have a big D tank when I'm out and about. It weighs around 9.5 pounds. However I carry it only short distances. If I'm going to be walking more than a few minutes I use my trusty rolling backpack.

My shoulder does get sore if I overdo it but the thing that struck me the other day was noticing that I was actually developing a callous on my shoulder from the strap. Just one of those dopey things that you never in a million years would have thought could happen!

St of the Cross

Beth

Beth, I read your complaint about your shoulder pain due to the Oxygen tank.What type of o2 delivery system are you lugging around?I use the Helios unit that provides up to 4 lpm. It came with a holster like carry bag that I wear over the shoulder for short time situations and put the straps around my waist if I'm going to be out and about for a longer time. It weighs about 4 1/2 lbs filled. It also kills my shoulder after a few momnents and my back starts to bother me. The chiropractor suggested that I try to wear it on my waist. He hasn't liked normal shoulder bags for me for years because they make me lopsided!!!Hope I've helped.

--

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

Potter, reader,carousel lover and MomMom to Darah

“I’m gonna be iron like a lion in Zion” Bob Marley

I definitely carry way too much weight on my right shoulder. I usually have a big D tank when I'm out and about. It weighs around 9.5 pounds. However I carry it only short distances. If I'm going to be walking more than a few minutes I use my trusty rolling backpack.

My shoulder does get sore if I overdo it but the thing that struck me the other day was noticing that I was actually developing a callous on my shoulder from the strap. Just one of those dopey things that you never in a million years would have thought could happen!

St of the Cross

Beth

Beth, I read your complaint about your shoulder pain due to the Oxygen tank.What type of o2 delivery system are you lugging around?I use the Helios unit that provides up to 4 lpm. It came with a holster like carry bag that I wear over the shoulder for short time situations and put the straps around my waist if I'm going to be out and about for a longer time. It weighs about 4 1/2 lbs filled. It also kills my shoulder after a few momnents and my back starts to bother me. The chiropractor suggested that I try to wear it on my waist. He hasn't liked normal shoulder bags for me for years because they make me lopsided!!!Hope I've helped.

--

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

St of the Cross

Beth

--

Z fibriotic NSIP/o5/PA

• 1 month later...

Jane,

I've been taking Zoloft for almost a year. In that time I've actually lost 37 pounds. (Can't tell that by looking at me I know but I'm moving in the right direction!!)

My doctor put me on Zoloft because he believed the research showed that Zoloft was the best of the lot when it comes to weight gain. It has the least association with increased appetite of all the popular anti-depressants out there. I'm also only on 40mg a day so that may have something to do with it also.

I began taking it because I was feeling very depressed. I was having difficulty just feeling any motivation to get up in the morning. It took about 6 weeks but it has helped.

If you don't feel like you need it and don't want to take it go ahead and wean off of it but just know you can always go back on if you start feeling lousy again.

Personally I have no issue with taking an anti-depressant. I want to enjoy my life and this silly little pill helps me to do that. So be it!!

St of the Cross

Beth

Beth,

I have some questions about Zoloft. I know we talked about it some while everyone was in Chattanooga.

I asked my doctor's office about weaning off of Zoloft as I have been on it since December, 2003. When I finally got an answer, I had already picked up my regular prescription of 100 mg filled. Today when I was picking up my thyroid medicine, the pharmacist gave me a prescription for Zoloft which is: take 50 mg for 7 days and then 25 mg for 7 days and then I am off. ( This was filled 2 weeks ago and I did not know to pick it up).

I am a little scared to do the weaning of Zoloft. I want to try it because I have read on this board that it causes great hunger and overeating.

How will I feel when I do the weaning of Zoloft? How will I know if I really need it? Since we all have a terminal disease, do we need to take Zoloft? I am having trouble remembering why I went on it in the first place.

Thanking you in advance for any info you could share.

Love & Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

Jane,

I've been taking Zoloft for almost a year. In that time I've actually lost 37 pounds. (Can't tell that by looking at me I know but I'm moving in the right direction!!)

My doctor put me on Zoloft because he believed the research showed that Zoloft was the best of the lot when it comes to weight gain. It has the least association with increased appetite of all the popular anti-depressants out there. I'm also only on 40mg a day so that may have something to do with it also.

I began taking it because I was feeling very depressed. I was having difficulty just feeling any motivation to get up in the morning. It took about 6 weeks but it has helped.

If you don't feel like you need it and don't want to take it go ahead and wean off of it but just know you can always go back on if you start feeling lousy again.

Personally I have no issue with taking an anti-depressant. I want to enjoy my life and this silly little pill helps me to do that. So be it!!

St of the Cross

Beth

Beth,

I have some questions about Zoloft. I know we talked about it some while everyone was in Chattanooga.

I asked my doctor's office about weaning off of Zoloft as I have been on it since December, 2003. When I finally got an answer, I had already picked up my regular prescription of 100 mg filled. Today when I was picking up my thyroid medicine, the pharmacist gave me a prescription for Zoloft which is: take 50 mg for 7 days and then 25 mg for 7 days and then I am off. ( This was filled 2 weeks ago and I did not know to pick it up).

I am a little scared to do the weaning of Zoloft. I want to try it because I have read on this board that it causes great hunger and overeating.

How will I feel when I do the weaning of Zoloft? How will I know if I really need it? Since we all have a terminal disease, do we need to take Zoloft? I am having trouble remembering why I went on it in the first place.

Love & Toodles!

Jane,

St of the Cross

Beth

Beth,

Love & Toodles!

Thanks, Beth

I think I will start 50 mg. tomorrow for seven days. I have a doctor appt. on October 29th. I have lost a lot of weight in the past three years but it is getting slower now. My pulmonary dr wants me to lose more. He says I will feel better. I am feeling better now so I guess I will feel even better than that now. NO, I just counted. I should start Tuesday with 50 mg so that I can end on 50 mg on the day of the dr appt. After the dr. appt. I can then decide what I should do. The most I weighed 3 and 1/2 years ago was 235 lb. and now I am 187 lb. 7 more pounds and I could be referred to the lung transplant team. But my pulmo doc at Emory says I don't need it yet.

Next Saturday Eddie and I are going to Emory to an ILD information day sponsored by the Coalition for IPF. Lynley told me that she is going to be there.

Beth, I really really miss seeing my friends. Hope you have a good week ahead. I know you are counting down the days until moving day.

Love & Toodles!

>> Jane,> I've been taking Zoloft for almost a year. In that time I've actually lost 37 pounds. (Can't tell that by looking at me I know but I'm moving in the right direction!!) > My doctor put me on Zoloft because he believed the research showed that Zoloft was the best of the lot when it comes to weight gain. It has the least association with increased appetite of all the popular anti-depressants out there. I'm also only on 40mg a day so that may have something to do with it also.> I began taking it because I was feeling very depressed. I was having difficulty just feeling any motivation to get up in the morning. It took about 6 weeks but it has helped. > If you don't feel like you need it and don't want to take it go ahead and wean off of it but just know you can always go back on if you start feeling lousy again.> > Personally I have no issue with taking an anti-depressant. I want to enjoy my life and this silly little pill helps me to do that. So be it!!> > > Beth in NY Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > "At the evening of life we shall be judged on our love."> St of the Cross> > > > Beth> > Beth,> I have some questions about Zoloft. I know we talked about it some while everyone was in Chattanooga.> I asked my doctor's office about weaning off of Zoloft as I have been on it since December, 2003. When I finally got an answer, I had already picked up my regular prescription of 100 mg filled. Today when I was picking up my thyroid medicine, the pharmacist gave me a prescription for Zoloft which is: take 50 mg for 7 days and then 25 mg for 7 days and then I am off. ( This was filled 2 weeks ago and I did not know to pick it up). > I am a little scared to do the weaning of Zoloft. I want to try it because I have read on this board that it causes great hunger and overeating. > How will I feel when I do the weaning of Zoloft? How will I know if I really need it? Since we all have a terminal disease, do we need to take Zoloft? I am having trouble remembering why I went on it in the first place.> Thanking you in advance for any info you could share.> Love & Toodles!> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>