RemedySpot.com

Beth

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, Beth

I think I will start 50 mg. tomorrow for seven days. I have a doctor appt. on October 29th. I have lost a lot of weight in the past three years but it is getting slower now. My pulmonary dr wants me to lose more. He says I will feel better. I am feeling better now so I guess I will feel even better than that now. NO, I just counted. I should start Tuesday with 50 mg so that I can end on 50 mg on the day of the dr appt. After the dr. appt. I can then decide what I should do. The most I weighed 3 and 1/2 years ago was 235 lb. and now I am 187 lb. 7 more pounds and I could be referred to the lung transplant team. But my pulmo doc at Emory says I don't need it yet.

Next Saturday Eddie and I are going to Emory to an ILD information day sponsored by the Coalition for IPF. Lynley told me that she is going to be there.

Beth, I really really miss seeing my friends. Hope you have a good week ahead. I know you are counting down the days until moving day.

Love & Toodles!

Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl

>> Jane,> I've been taking Zoloft for almost a year. In that time I've actually lost 37 pounds. (Can't tell that by looking at me I know but I'm moving in the right direction!!) > My doctor put me on Zoloft because he believed the research showed that Zoloft was the best of the lot when it comes to weight gain. It has the least association with increased appetite of all the popular anti-depressants out there. I'm also only on 40mg a day so that may have something to do with it also.> I began taking it because I was feeling very depressed. I was having difficulty just feeling any motivation to get up in the morning. It took about 6 weeks but it has helped. > If you don't feel like you need it and don't want to take it go ahead and wean off of it but just know you can always go back on if you start feeling lousy again.> > Personally I have no issue with taking an anti-depressant. I want to enjoy my life and this silly little pill helps me to do that. So be it!!> > > Beth in NY Fibrotic NSIP 06/06> > "At the evening of life we shall be judged on our love."> St of the Cross> > > > Beth> > Beth,> I have some questions about Zoloft. I know we talked about it some while everyone was in Chattanooga.> I asked my doctor's office about weaning off of Zoloft as I have been on it since December, 2003. When I finally got an answer, I had already picked up my regular prescription of 100 mg filled. Today when I was picking up my thyroid medicine, the pharmacist gave me a prescription for Zoloft which is: take 50 mg for 7 days and then 25 mg for 7 days and then I am off. ( This was filled 2 weeks ago and I did not know to pick it up). > I am a little scared to do the weaning of Zoloft. I want to try it because I have read on this board that it causes great hunger and overeating. > How will I feel when I do the weaning of Zoloft? How will I know if I really need it? Since we all have a terminal disease, do we need to take Zoloft? I am having trouble remembering why I went on it in the first place.> Thanking you in advance for any info you could share.> Love & Toodles!> Jane UIP/IPF 12/1998 Dalton, Georgia aka pianolady_musicgirl>