>anuirsym out of him. He is saying NO to surgery, I think the morphine

>is warping his mind, he can't seem to think straight. The morphine is

>taking care of the pain in his back, so he says everything else will

>take care of it's self. He is schueled to have a bowel examination a

>week from Thursday and if doesn't keep that appointment, the Doctor will

>take him off the morphine, then the pain will return and he will go for

>help. MEN are so stubborn!!!!! I feel for his life, if he waited any

>longer. I've tried everything in the book to make him see what is

>happening but he isn't ready to face it yet.

>

>We are hoping to talk into going to Toronto or Vancouver, to get

>the sugery done. We have kids in both locations and right now I need

>their support.

>

>I'll keep this short, but please keep praying for us, I'll keep you

>posted.

>

>I am not recieving any group mail for a while, but from time to time

>I'll sign on to let you know how things are progressing.

>

>Madonna CAIH

>from the rock

>

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Looking for the perfect gift for a friend?

>

>Tell them about ONElist's 130,000 free e-mail communities!

>------------------------------------------------------------------------

>Help someone you may know and love

>Be an Organ Donor!

>Please support the American Liver Foundation.

>

• 7 years later...

Helen

That is terrible about being not able to go to diabetes class, seems everywhere one goes they want a lot of money

Keep phoning around. there must be someplace to get counseling. I feel so bad for you and him, here I complain about a small tumor, and you both have major issues. God Bless you both, you are so strong.

The guy who wrote me is one SCIFI Mike @ . Cannot sent any letters as I deleted them. Should have kept them, but wrote his addy down.

We have lake effect snow right now, falling from nothing to blizzard proportions. I still have to get that battery out of the mower.

Joan the niece who lost her hubby is crying a lot, and has more troubles than i can count, I can't keep going down there to help her 50 miles each way), she has to work through her grief, so far she threatened to shoot the pig. beat the dog up because of idiocy in giving the poor critter medicine, had a tree cut down because it was swaying, the kid next door did that in a high wind, the tree twisted and the canopy did a number on the roof of the house. I told her one never cuts down trees in a wind!!!,she wondered why!

Had a major argument with a neighbor who plowed stones from the end of her drive, I told her to call the State Police if he harasses her more, ! She bought all new furniture with the insurance money her husband had. I would save it myself and told her that! Ah relatives don't we love ' em!

Anne

Helen,

Many hospitals have FREE classes for diabetics so call any near you. These classes are run by dietitians and you'll get stacks, yes I mean literal stacks of information on what to eat and what not to eat. My brother in Iowa, and a very good friend, in North Carolina, both have diabetes and they got the classes and info free. I hope you can find this in your area.

Hugs and Blessings,

Starhawk

Today, I claim my freedom. I claim my power.

-- Update on Hubby

Was at the Dr's. this morning... I forgot to ask for a copy of his tests results :o( Will ask next Fri when we go back... But anywho, All his tests results were bad, the Dr. said that the diabetes can be causing them to all be off the charts, we will be trying to get the diabetes under control and in about 2 months the doc will run another batch of blood work to see if the counts have settled down, if not then we may have more problems than we know of at this time :o( The doc doubled his medication that he is taking for the diabetes... His test for that was more than double the count... The doc wants him to go to the classes for diabetes ($160) and to see a dietician ($200-$400 could go more), but our ins., in their infinite wisdom said they will not pay for it because he hadn't gone to the ER or the hospital to be admitted at least Twice in the last year! We can not afford this so am searching for free or a lot lower in cost for the classes and the dietician to help out... Any and all info greatly appreciated please... Will have more info next Fri...

((( Thankful Hugs )))Helen

"When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate."

My Ailments:1-F.M.S.--Fibromyalgia 2-C.F.S.--Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 3-S.L.E.--Systematic Lupus Erthematosis 4-M.V.P.--Mitral Valve Prolapse 5-Hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease 6-Hyatal Hernia 7-Acid Reflux--(Gerd) 8-Migrains 9-Poly Neuropathy 10-Osteoporosis 11-Osteoarthritis 12-Hypertension 13-Degenerative Arthritis in head,neck, shoulders, spinal column, arms 14-R.L.S.--Restless Leg Syndrome 15-Hypoglycemia 16-I.B.S.--Irritable Bowel Syndrome 17-Arrthymia's--P.B.Cs--P.A.Cs--Ventricular Tachycardia-One other I don't remember the name of 18-Emphysema19-M.P.S.--Myofacial Pain Syndrome20-Polymyalgia21-T.M.J.--Temporomandibular Joint Disorder22-Corneal Leukoma23-Chronic Sinusitis24-Idiopathic Edema25-PSVT--Paroxysmal-Supraventricular Tachycardia WHAT HAS HAPPENED: Blind in Left Eye--eye accident-age 3 Rheumatic Fever--almost died-age 17 Pericarditis--almost died-age 17Light Stroke-age 27Goiter Bad/Graves Disease--almost died-age 28Full Hysterectomy-age 40 Gall Bladder out Diseased--almost died-age 48 Anemic twice real bad

Try your local health dept, or THE AMERICAN DIABETES ASSOCIATION. Sueangelbear1129@... wrote: Was at the Dr's. this morning... I forgot to ask for a copy of his tests results :o( Will ask next Fri when we go back... But anywho, All his tests results were bad, the Dr. said that the diabetes can be causing them to all be off the charts, we will be trying to get the diabetes under control and in about 2

months the doc will run another batch of blood work to see if the counts have settled down, if not then we may have more problems than we know of at this time :o( The doc doubled his medication that he is taking for the diabetes... His test for that was more than double the count... The doc wants him to go to the classes for diabetes ($160) and to see a dietician ($200-$400 could go more), but our ins., in their infinite wisdom said they will not pay for it because he hadn't gone to the ER or the hospital to be admitted at least Twice in the last year! We can not afford this so am searching for free or a lot lower in cost for the classes and the dietician to help out... Any and all info greatly appreciated please... Will have more info next Fri... ((( Thankful Hugs )))Helen "When life's problems seem overwhelming, look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself fortunate." My Ailments:1-F.M.S.--Fibromyalgia 2-C.F.S.--Chronic Fatigue Syndrome 3-S.L.E.--Systematic Lupus Erthematosis 4-M.V.P.--Mitral Valve Prolapse 5-Hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease 6-Hyatal Hernia 7-Acid Reflux--(Gerd) 8-Migrains 9-Poly Neuropathy 10-Osteoporosis 11-Osteoarthritis 12-Hypertension 13-Degenerative Arthritis in head,neck, shoulders, spinal column, arms

14-R.L.S.--Restless Leg Syndrome 15-Hypoglycemia 16-I.B.S.--Irritable Bowel Syndrome 17-Arrthymia's--P.B.Cs--P.A.Cs--Ventricular Tachycardia-One other I don't remember the name of 18-Emphysema19-M.P.S.--Myofacial Pain Syndrome20-Polymyalgia21-T.M.J.--Temporomandibular Joint Disorder22-Corneal Leukoma23-Chronic Sinusitis24-Idiopathic Edema25-PSVT--Paroxysmal-Supraventricular Tachycardia WHAT HAS HAPPENED: Blind in Left Eye--eye accident-age 3 Rheumatic Fever--almost died-age 17 Pericarditis--almost died-age 17Light Stroke-age 27Goiter Bad/Graves Disease--almost died-age 28Full Hysterectomy-age 40 Gall Bladder out Diseased--almost died-age 48 Anemic twice real bad For a REALLY HOT time check out http://www.peternoone.com and http://www.mikesmith1964.com

Helen you might want to check with your local natiional Kidney

Foundation. I use to work for them years ago and they always had a

large stock of different pamphlets on not just kidney disease but

diabetes and High Blood pressure. Also maybe someone would be

available to talk to you about possibly free classes in your area or

could give you an avenue to take.

Sharon

>

> Helen,

>

> Many hospitals have FREE classes for diabetics so call any near

you. These

> classes are run by dietitians and you'll get stacks, yes I mean

literal

> stacks of information on what to eat and what not to eat. My

brother in

> Iowa, and a very good friend, in North Carolina, both have diabetes

and they

> got the classes and info free. I hope you can find this in your

area.

>

> Hugs and Blessings,

> Starhawk

>

> Today, I claim my freedom. I claim my power.

> -- Update on Hubby

>

> Was at the Dr's. this morning... I forgot to ask for a copy of his

tests

> results :o( Will ask next Fri when we go back... But anywho, All

his tests

> results were bad, the Dr. said that the diabetes can be causing

them to all

> be off the charts, we will be trying to get the diabetes under

control and

> in about 2 months the doc will run another batch of blood work to

see if the

> counts have settled down, if not then we may have more problems

than we know

> of at this time :o( The doc doubled his medication that he is

taking for

> the diabetes... His test for that was more than double the

count... The

> doc wants him to go to the classes for diabetes ($160) and to see a

> dietician ($200-$400 could go more), but our ins., in their

infinite wisdom

> said they will not pay for it because he hadn't gone to the ER or

the

> hospital to be admitted at least Twice in the last year! We can

not afford

> this so am searching for free or a lot lower in cost for the

classes and the

> dietician to help out... Any and all info greatly appreciated

please...

> Will have more info next Fri...

> ((( Thankful Hugs )))

> Helen

>

> " When life's problems seem overwhelming,

> look around and see what other people are coping with.

> You may consider yourself fortunate. "

>

>

>

> My Ailments:

> 1-F.M.S.--Fibromyalgia

> 2-C.F.S.--Chronic Fatigue Syndrome

> 3-S.L.E.--Systematic Lupus Erthematosis

> 4-M.V.P.--Mitral Valve Prolapse

> 5-Hyperthyroidism/Graves Disease

> 6-Hyatal Hernia

> 7-Acid Reflux--(Gerd)

> 8-Migrains

> 9-Poly Neuropathy

> 10-Osteoporosis

> 11-Osteoarthritis

> 12-Hypertension

> 13-Degenerative Arthritis in head,neck, shoulders,

> spinal column, arms

> 14-R.L.S.--Restless Leg Syndrome

> 15-Hypoglycemia

> 16-I.B.S.--Irritable Bowel Syndrome

> 17-Arrthymia's--P.B.Cs--P.A.Cs--Ventricular Tachycardia-One

> other I don't remember the name of

> 18-Emphysema

> 19-M.P.S.--Myofacial Pain Syndrome

> 20-Polymyalgia

> 21-T.M.J.--Temporomandibular Joint Disorder

> 22-Corneal Leukoma

> 23-Chronic Sinusitis

> 24-Idiopathic Edema

> 25-PSVT--Paroxysmal-Supraventricular Tachycardia

>

> WHAT HAS HAPPENED:

> Blind in Left Eye--eye accident-age 3

> Rheumatic Fever--almost died-age 17

> Pericarditis--almost died-age 17

> Light Stroke-age 27

> Goiter Bad/Graves Disease--almost died-age 28

> Full Hysterectomy-age 40

> Gall Bladder out Diseased--almost died-age 48

> Anemic twice real bad

>

Helen,

I’m sorry you have such a plate full. Wow!

Blood glucose is the only thing I want to ask about at this time. Do I understand you have hypoglycemia and your hubby has diabetes?

I am in no way medically trained but have been dealing with blood glucose for a long time. What medication is your hubby on and what about yourself? I might be able to give you some general guidelines.

Glucose control has 2 major camps when it comes to control glucose. Each will usually argue that their way is the only way to go.

One side sides with the American Diabetes Assoc and frowns on the other. They use an exchange system. Foods are grouped in accordance with the US Govt. system. That is based on a pyramid and you have specific numbers of each group, varied of course with the calories needed. Exchange system can be found on the ADA as well as many others.

The other group thinks that is the worse thing you can do and they base their diet on a glycemic index. Foods are grouped in low, medium or high. It is almost the opposite of the exchange system. If you look for “glycemic index” you will probably find many hits.

So much will depend on which system the educator is using. For that reason I personally do a mixture rather than adhere to either.

The glycemic index method says the food pyramid has far to many exchanges and therefore you get fatter. The exchange system says the glycemic index has far too many proteins and fats.

If you are also fighting a weight problem that becomes the main problem. What normalizes your glucose will most likely cause you to loose weight. Hypoglycemia and diabetes are both controlled in the same manner, except taking medications. Hypoglycemia can quickly become diabetic as both are malfunction of the glucose regulating system.

If you can make good use of the internet and eructate yourself on what does what then you can decide what works for you. I would not be too concerned about not finding a class until you look into the subject. Diabetes (and of course hypoglycemia) are do-it-yourself diseases.

Do you test blood glucose? Does your doctor allow you to regulate your medicine as you see fit? I believe that an individual can formulate what is needed better than the doctor can. Has the doctor given you any idea as to what he thinks a diet could be?

Sorry for so many questions but I would like to know just where you are coming from in regard to glucose problems. Perhaps I can point you to information that will be helpful.

Not a medical professional just blood glucose knowledgeable.

Betty

Was at the Dr's. this morning... I forgot to ask for a copy of his tests results :o( Will ask next Fri when we go back... But anywho, All his tests results were bad, the Dr. said that the diabetes can be causing them to all be off the charts, we will be trying to get the diabetes under control and in about 2 months the

Helen,

I’m sorry you have such a plate full. Wow!

Blood glucose is the only thing I want to ask about at this time. Do I understand you have hypoglycemia and your hubby has diabetes?

I am in no way medically trained but have been dealing with blood glucose for a long time. What medication is your hubby on and what about yourself? I might be able to give you some general guidelines.

Glucose control has 2 major camps when it comes to controll glucose. Each will usually arguy that their way is the only way to go.

One side sides with the American Diabetes Assoc and frowns on the other. They use an exchange system. Foods are grouped in accordance with the US Govt. system. That I based on a pyrimid and you have specific numbers of each group, varied of course with the calories needed.

The other group thinks that is the worse thing you can do and they base their diet on a glycemic index. Foods are grouped in low, medium or high. It is almost the opposite of the exchange system. If you look for “glycemic index” you will probably find many hits.

So much will depend on which system the educator is using. For that reason I personally do a mixture rather than adhere to either.

The glycemic index method says the food pyrimid has far to many exchanges and therefore you get fatter. The exchange system says the glycemic index has far too many proteins.

If you are also fighting a weight problem that becomes the main problem. What normalizes your glucose will most likely cause you to loose weight. Hypoglycemia and diabetes are both controlled in the same manner, except taking medications. Hypoglycemia and quickly become diabetic as both are malfunction of the glucose regulating system.

If you can make good use of the internet and educatiate yourself on what does what then you can decide what works for you. I would not be too concerned about not finding a class until you look into the subject. Diabetes (and of course hypoglycemia) are do-it-yourself diseases.

Do you test blood glucose? Does your doctor allow you to regulate your medicine as you see fit? I believe that an individual can formulate what is needed better than the doctor can. Has the doctor given you any idea as to what he thinks a diet could be?

Sorry for so many questions but I would like to know just where you are coming from in reguard to glucose problems. Perhaps I can stear you to information that will be helpful.

Not a medical professional just blood glucose knowledgeable.

Betty

But anywho, All his tests results were bad, the Dr. said that the diabetes can be causing them to all be off the charts, we will be trying to get the diabetes under control and in about 2 months the doc will run another batch of blood work to see if the counts have settled down, if not then we may have more problems than we know of at this time :o( The doc doubled his medication that he is taking for the diabetes... His test for that was more than double the count...

Dear Helen,

I am sorry about your hubby, have you contacted the Diabetes Foundation or whatever they are? I have diabetes or am prediabetic or something but have not even looked online to see who the Diabetes charity is, I imagine they would be of help.

love and prayers,

46 w/fibro etc

Anne,

I know Mike very well, he's on this list now too, but had sinus surgery Monday.

what did you need from him?

love,

Re: Update on Hubby

Helen

That is terrible about being not able to go to diabetes class, seems everywhere one goes they want a lot of money

Keep phoning around. there must be someplace to get counseling. I feel so bad for you and him, here I complain about a small tumor, and you both have major issues. God Bless you both, you are so strong.

The guy who wrote me is one SCIFI Mike @ . Cannot sent any letters as I deleted them. Should have kept them, but wrote his addy down.

We have lake effect snow right now, falling from nothing to blizzard proportions. I still have to get that battery out of the mower.

Joan the niece who lost her hubby is crying a lot, and has more troubles than i can count, I can't keep going down there to help her 50 miles each way), she has to work through her grief, so far she threatened to shoot the pig. beat the dog up because of idiocy in giving the poor critter medicine, had a tree cut down because it was swaying, the kid next door did that in a high wind, the tree twisted and the canopy did a number on the roof of the house. I told her one never cuts down trees in a wind!!!,she wondered why!

Had a major argument with a neighbor who plowed stones from the end of her drive, I told her to call the State Police if he harasses her more, ! She bought all new furniture with the insurance money her husband had. I would save it myself and told her that! Ah relatives don't we love ' em!

Anne

• 1 year later...

I am so sorry to hear abouth the lung problem.

I started with a pack that took me up to 60mg daily and then backed

it down and have stayed at 5mg.

Shirley

>

> I posted about a month ago that my husband has a lung disease with

a

> very high RA blood test. We went back to see the rheumy and he

really

> now thinks that he might have RA but feels that he can't treat

without

> a lung biopsy. His lung doctor has decided to delay a biopsy

until he

> has a third CT of lung at the end of the month. He is still on

> prednisone and is still short of breath. If the lung doctor

doesn't

> order a biopsy by the end of the month, I am going to ask my hubby

to

> change lung doctors. I am so tired of waiting and worrying.

>

> For any that were on prenisone, what dosage were you on when you

first

> started prednisone?

>

I am sorry to read your hubby is feeling so poorly. I too, hope he gets

the biopsy done soon. No fun for him to be so short of breath. He

needs to know what he is dealing with, so he can start the proper

treatment and meds.

I started with 60mg. a day with Pred., and finally stayed on 5 mg. a

day. Because I had a bad flare when I fell, plus, I developed URI and

Bronchitis in the hospital, I was put on 10mg. a day, which I am still

on. I will see my Rheumy soon, and she will then decide what dose I

need to be on.

Is your husband on oxygen now, and does he use a Nebulizer? I had both

during my long stay in the hospital. It really, really helps so much,

making breathing so much easier.

I know how hard it is to wait to find out what is wrong with him, and

all that worrying. So much to deal with, plus seeing him so sick,

struggling for a breath of air. I am praying for you both, and hope you

get some much needed answers soon. God Bless you both.

Hugs,

Barbara

> >

> > I posted about a month ago that my husband has a lung disease with

> a

> > very high RA blood test. We went back to see the rheumy and he

> really

> > now thinks that he might have RA but feels that he can't treat

> without

> > a lung biopsy. His lung doctor has decided to delay a biopsy

> until he

> > has a third CT of lung at the end of the month. He is still on

> > prednisone and is still short of breath. If the lung doctor

> doesn't

> > order a biopsy by the end of the month, I am going to ask my hubby

> to

> > change lung doctors. I am so tired of waiting and worrying.

> >

> > For any that were on prenisone, what dosage were you on when you

> first

> > started prednisone?

> >

>

I'm sorry your hubby's doctors are going back and forth. He needs to

get treated for his health issues, which are very important right now.

I would do the same, if they don't want to help your hubby, find new

doctors. I know its very frustrating for you, and I will keep you both

in my prayers, Tawny

>

> I posted about a month ago that my husband has a lung disease with a

> very high RA blood test. We went back to see the rheumy and he really

> now thinks that he might have RA but feels that he can't treat without

> a lung biopsy. His lung doctor has decided to delay a biopsy until he

> has a third CT of lung at the end of the month. He is still on

> prednisone and is still short of breath. If the lung doctor doesn't

> order a biopsy by the end of the month, I am going to ask my hubby to

> change lung doctors. I am so tired of waiting and worrying.

>

> For any that were on prenisone, what dosage were you on when you first

> started prednisone?

>

Barbara,

How long were you on 60mg of Prednisone? My hubby has been on 30mg

for 2 months. He is not on oxygen yet nor a nebulizer. His lung

doctor said inhalers will not help him since he has a restrictive

lung problem, not an obstructive.

Also how high was your RA lab test when you were dignosed? My hubby's

was 102 when it is supposed to be under 10.

Lynn J.

> > >

> > > I posted about a month ago that my husband has a lung disease

with

> > a

> > > very high RA blood test. We went back to see the rheumy and he

> > really

> > > now thinks that he might have RA but feels that he can't treat

> > without

> > > a lung biopsy. His lung doctor has decided to delay a biopsy

> > until he

> > > has a third CT of lung at the end of the month. He is still on

> > > prednisone and is still short of breath. If the lung doctor

> > doesn't

> > > order a biopsy by the end of the month, I am going to ask my

hubby

> > to

> > > change lung doctors. I am so tired of waiting and worrying.

> > >

> > > For any that were on prenisone, what dosage were you on when you

> > first

> > > started prednisone?

> > >

> >

>

I was on the 60 mg. for about 2 months, to get the Ra flare down. I

also had two shots of cortisone on my first visit. I then weened down

to 10mg. a day for a long time, then finally stayed at 5mg. a day for

years. The entire time from the worst at diag. to before I fell, was

almost 5 years. Right now I am on 10mg. since my fall, and will see my

Rheumy soon, and she will put me on the dose she wants me on.

I am sorry your hubby is suffering so.

> > > >

> > > > I posted about a month ago that my husband has a lung disease

> with

> > > a

> > > > very high RA blood test. We went back to see the rheumy and he

> > > really

> > > > now thinks that he might have RA but feels that he can't treat

> > > without

> > > > a lung biopsy. His lung doctor has decided to delay a biopsy

> > > until he

> > > > has a third CT of lung at the end of the month. He is still on

> > > > prednisone and is still short of breath. If the lung doctor

> > > doesn't

> > > > order a biopsy by the end of the month, I am going to ask my

> hubby

> > > to

> > > > change lung doctors. I am so tired of waiting and worrying.

> > > >

> > > > For any that were on prenisone, what dosage were you on when you

> > > first

> > > > started prednisone?

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

• 1 year later...

Yes , he was put on aciclover (I think that was the name) which is an

antiviral treatment as soon as he was diagnosed for ten days. I believe they

usually prescribe it for seven days but the doctor wanted to make sure. Last

night he had the first good nights sleep for three weeks but still no change in

the leg weakness.

I am so glad I found this group for feedback.

Best wishes, Audrey.

>

>

> From: Audrey L <audrey29@...>

> Subject: Update on Hubby

> Lipitor

> Date: Monday, November 23, 2009, 6:25 AM

>

>

>  

>

>

>

> Hi, You may remember I asked advice for my husband because he was having leg

pains after taking Lipitor for quite a long time. He stopped taking it although

the doctor was not very happy about it - went back to the doctors after three

months and although his cholesterol level had gone up to 6.00 hubby was adamant

that he was not going back on it so the doctor agreed to give him another three

months off it on condition that he had another blood test in January next year.

His pains were a lot better and he was walking better then a month ago he

started with pains again and having trouble walking. Three weeks ago he started

with shingles all down his right leg and is now in continual pain and has almost

no use in the leg at all. The doctor is hopeful that once the shingles has run

its course the pain will go and he will be able to walk again but we both are

very depressed. I am wondering what is going to happen next.

> Audrey

>