RemedySpot.com

I'm back

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Lynn and Friends,

You might want to check out this site and post your travel comments there for others to see.

www.gimponthego.com (Here's a note about the site name: Though some may find our site's name politically incorrect, we would like to assure you that it is not our intent to offend, but rather to get your attention and establish a candid atmosphere. The proprietor of this site is, himself, disabled and is well aware of the differences in opinion over various description preferences among those who are disabled. So if you registered a little shock or a chuckle - good. However, if you've taken offense we apologize, and please realize that our tongue is planted firmly in our cheek.)

>From: skunkygolfer@... >Reply-To: PLS-FRIENDS >To: PLS-FRIENDS >Subject: I'm Back >Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 17:48:52 -0000 > > I've been on vacation for a few week, and would like to report a bad place to go. My grandchildren where here for a few weeks, so we took them to Ca., for a few amusement parks. Out of all the ones we went to, the worst one for dissabled people would be Magic Mountain in L.A. It is so hilly, that you can not be pushed in wheel chair. The handicaped bathrooms are so small you can not get your wheelchair in or walker if you are using those. All in all that was a terrible experience. I think the best one is California Adventure of Disney. It was a great vacation for the grandkids, but it was awful hard on me. I've been home almost two weeks now, and I'm just getting back to normal. Won't try it again. Hope everything is going well with everybody, as I had so many messages that I just discarded all of them. Didn't have a chance to read them. Just wanted to let you know about that amusement park. > LYNN from Az. > Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com

Guest guest

Hi Lynn,

Well, I can't defend Magic Mountain; although I live about 5 miles

from the park I haven't visited it since my PLS started in 1991.

Sure wish I had known you'd be there - we could have arranged a visit!

Any other PLSers planning a trip to Magic Mountain are welcome to

contact me and I'll lone them my " back-up " Pride 3-wheeler electric

scooter.

Best wishes,

Stan

> I've been on vacation for a few week, and would like to report

a bad place to go. My grandchildren where here for a few weeks, so

we took them to Ca., for a few amusement parks. Out of all the ones

we went to, the worst one for dissabled people would be Magic

Mountain in L.A. It is so hilly, that you can not be pushed in wheel

chair. The handicaped bathrooms are so small you can not get your

wheelchair in or walker if you are using those. All in all that was

a terrible experience. I think the best one is California Adventure

of Disney. It was a great vacation for the grandkids, but it was

awful hard on me. I've been home almost two weeks now, and I'm just

getting back to normal. Won't try it again. Hope everything is going

well with everybody, as I had so many messages that I just discarded

all of them. Didn't have a chance to read them. Just wanted

to let you know about that amusement park.

> LYNN from Az.

• 1 year later...
Guest guest

That sweetheart, Kim wrote:

<<Well, I finally made it back from the desert. >>

Welcome back, Kim. I'm happy you've returned safe & sound!

<BIG HUG>

Janet

• 1 year later...

Margaret,

I am sorry to hear about your Grandmother passing. You and your family are in my prayers. Glad the EKG is ok after all. Keep us posted.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Lifehttp://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlalso check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:http://www.cancerclub.com

I'm back

Had computer problems and I just got back online after about 2 weeks. I went for my biopsy last monday, as my grandmother was dying (that's important for my story!! :))

in the nursing home. I was laying on the table waiting for the IV and the anesthesiologist decided that he wanted to give me an EKG first. They then told me I had a bad heart and they couldn't do the biopsy. SOOOOOO, I jumped up and ran to the nursing home to be with my grandmom, who died later that night and we were all with her. If I had the biopsy, the doctor told me I couldn't leave my house for 24 hours. I was glad that I had a bad heart at that time!! haha.

Well, I had a cardiologist appt. yesterday and they told me that the guy had read the EKG wrong. So, my heart is fine but now I have to wait for another biopsy date! ugh.

So, I still don't know if it's breast cancer or not. I hate that.

Well, just updating you guys.

Margaret

mom to the monsters

hi margaret welcome back. sorry about your grandmother, glad about the ekg. it is good that you were able to be with grandmom - funny how these things happen. i love your "mom to the monsters" - how many monsters are there and how old are they? good luck with your biopsy - hope you don't have to wait too long.

vicki in pa

I'm back

Had computer problems and I just got back online after about 2 weeks. I went for my biopsy last monday, as my grandmother was dying (that's important for my story!! :))

in the nursing home. I was laying on the table waiting for the IV and the anesthesiologist decided that he wanted to give me an EKG first. They then told me I had a bad heart and they couldn't do the biopsy. SOOOOOO, I jumped up and ran to the nursing home to be with my grandmom, who died later that night and we were all with her. If I had the biopsy, the doctor told me I couldn't leave my house for 24 hours. I was glad that I had a bad heart at that time!! haha.

Well, I had a cardiologist appt. yesterday and they told me that the guy had read the EKG wrong. So, my heart is fine but now I have to wait for another biopsy date! ugh.

Margaret

mom to the monsters

Vicki,

Thanks for the welcome back. It was best that grandmom died. She had a stroke 3 1/2 years ago and with alzheimers, we haven't really had her for that long. The thing I will miss is the fact that I always could go and see her. Now I can't.

As for the mom to the monsters, I have 3. A daughter that will be 14 in January, a son that will be 4 in December and a son that was just 2 on the 7th of September. I know you're wondering about the gap. I had gastric bypass surgery in 12/98 and was pregnant by 3/99. ugh. I did loose 120lbs and wanted to loose 50 more but I got pregnant again sooooo, it didn't all go away. That's alright. I love those boys that weren't expected!!

I will let you know when the biopsy will be scheduled for. I'm scared but I'll live!

Thanks again.

BTW, where are you in PA?? I'm in South Jersey.

Margaret

Mom to the monsters.

I'm back

Margaret

mom to the monsters

Hi again Margaret. We probably are not all that far from one another - I am in suburban Phila., Glen Mills to be exact. It is between Media and Chadds Ford - the last area in Delaware County before you go into chester County. I have lots of fam in NJ - 1 brother in Cherry Hill, 1 brother in Eastampton, and a sister yearround in Avalon! And, my breast surgeon has an office in Cherry Hill on Haddonfield Rd. My parents lived in Cherry Hill (both deceased now) and my dad lived at Cadbury assisted living in Cherry Hill before he died not quite 3 yrs. ago. So I am quite familar with south jersey!! (just remembered! an aunt in Woodbury!)

We have 4 boys - 29, 26, 23, and 21. Oldest is married and has the light of our life - grandson , 14 months old.

I am a Kindergarten teacher in the Garnet Valley School District (same district we live in). I'm sure your days are busy with the two little guys - they grow up so fast, don't they? And a 14 year old daughter - what grade and school?

Hope to hear from you soon (waiting for Isabel right now!!)

vicki

I'm back

Margaret

mom to the monsters

sorry about your scare but personally i think this was a sign from god, telling the doctors to let you go be with your grandmother.......my sincere condolences on your loss''...

healing hugs and prayers from carol in michigan

-- I'm back

Margaret

mom to the monsters

Hi Vicki. I'm in town. So we are not that far away from each other!! I'll bet IS the light of your life. I live right next door to my mom and dad so my boys run over there all the time and they love it (most of the time!). My daughter is very intelligent so she skipped a grade in school and started HS this year. But, as with some intelligent people, she has NO common sense! drives me nuts sometimes because I have NO book smarts but I live on common sense so it's hard to understand her and how she functions in socitey! haha.

Maybe someday we can meet up for lunch. that would be neat.

Well, gonna run. I'm taking my boys to my girlfriends house today. She has horses and when I went to the Toby concert last week, we bought the boys cowboy hats. Since then, my 3 1/2 year old, Jake, has been dying to ride a horse. So, my friend is going to take them on the horse today. that should be fun for them. I hate horses. I got bit in the middle of my back by one when I was about 20 and I just don't like them!

Take care and keep in touch.

Margaret

I'm back

Margaret

mom to the monsters

• 2 months later...

Hi Jeana,

Glad to hear the pain wasn't quite as bad as last time. Prayers for a clean

report.

Hugs

nne

Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.html

Check out my breast cancer ornaments at:

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.html

also check out my other ornaments and lots of nice gifts at:

http://www.cancerclub.com

I'm back

> from the Dr. The biopsy did'nt hurt as bad this time. That is not to

> say it did'nt hurt cuz it DID. Doc said the specimen looked good just

> blody, he said that he suspects hyperplasia. I started cramping right

> away, so he gave me a shot of tordol, boy that stuff works good, and

> fast. He gave me some vicodin for the pain I'm having in my legs. He

> said that I'm overworking my legs since I went back to work. He wasnt

> real happy about me working. But a really good thing I am losing 3

> meds and only getting one replacement, plus the vicodin. I have to

> wean myself off the topomax then I will start taking Mirapex. Never

> heard of it.

> Jeana

>

>

>

>

Dear Jeanna, I am very happy that it sounds like good news for you

after your biopsy. See how all our prayers help. Happy turkey day

to you and yours. Take care, God Bless, Sharon F.

> from the Dr. The biopsy did'nt hurt as bad this time. That is not

to

> say it did'nt hurt cuz it DID. Doc said the specimen looked good

just

> blody, he said that he suspects hyperplasia. I started cramping

right

> away, so he gave me a shot of tordol, boy that stuff works good,

and

> fast. He gave me some vicodin for the pain I'm having in my legs.

He

> said that I'm overworking my legs since I went back to work. He

wasnt

> real happy about me working. But a really good thing I am losing 3

> meds and only getting one replacement, plus the vicodin. I have to

> wean myself off the topomax then I will start taking Mirapex.

Never

> heard of it.

> Jeana

Jeana:

Im not up to date.. but just on here this am.

to send wishes.

Really am sorry to hear you have to go through all of this

and wanted to send you a big hug.. if it will help at all

Love and Light

Angel aka .. Sedona..

Thanks Sedona

Re: I'm back

>

>

> Jeana:

>

> Im not up to date.. but just on here this am.

> to send wishes.

>

> Really am sorry to hear you have to go through all of this

> and wanted to send you a big hug.. if it will help at all

>

> Love and Light

>

> Angel aka .. Sedona..

>

>

>

>

• 4 years later...

It's been 8 months since I broke ties completely with my nada nad my

also bp brother (he raped me when I was 11). My husband refused to

change his email when I split from the family, and while looking for

something on his email yesterday, found a recent email from my brother.

He was whining that he had had a heart attck a few months ago. I wrote

back and said, 'I am sorry to hear that, but it's no longer my concern,

please leave me alone as I have asked'and got a very hostile, mean, and

selfish blast back. I made hubby cancel his email addy today, but for

some reason I was left reeling from my brother's abuse. I am raging and

crying. I am wishing him and my mom all sorts of awful things, and

feeling sorry for myself. I thought I was getting over it, but the

joke's on me. It's been 8 months, and it feels like yesterday. Anyone

else feel this way? Thanks for reading.

---

I always feel horrible after I've been zapped. His being horrible to you is

re-traumatizing

you again. It will pass...

Joanna

In WTOAdultChildren1 , " yruloud " wrote:

>

> It's been 8 months since I broke ties completely with my nada nad my

> also bp brother (he raped me when I was 11). My husband refused to

> change his email when I split from the family, and while looking for

> something on his email yesterday, found a recent email from my brother.

> He was whining that he had had a heart attck a few months ago. I wrote

> back and said, 'I am sorry to hear that, but it's no longer my concern,

> please leave me alone as I have asked'and got a very hostile, mean, and

> selfish blast back. I made hubby cancel his email addy today, but for

> some reason I was left reeling from my brother's abuse. I am raging and

> crying. I am wishing him and my mom all sorts of awful things, and

> feeling sorry for myself. I thought I was getting over it, but the

> joke's on me. It's been 8 months, and it feels like yesterday. Anyone

> else feel this way? Thanks for reading.

>