Guest guest

Sheryl,

I've heard of something like this also. There are a few other

meds out there that aren't in the anti-depressant class that can

do this too.

=====

Kristy :)

http://www.geocities.com/sokokl/kristyspersonalpage.html

Hoping to be a nurse soon but for now just a Medical Secretary who does a lot of

learning from reading on the Net, books, my dr(s), as well as sharing my own

personal experiences.

wow, i didnt know that..where did you find this out? i've been taking prozac for about 7 years. I've had an increase in both cramps and UTI's but never made the connection.

Sheryl, where did you hear about this? It struck me

as amazing, given that Prozac is marketed (under

another name) as a PMS pill.

Suzy

--- srwild1@... wrote:

> Hi,

> I just was wondering if any of you ladies realize

> that Prozac can increase

> menstrual cramps and UTI's.

> I was shocked when I found this out.

> Sheryl

>

sheryl,

I am on Citalopram which is closely related to Prozac and when I first began taking it I felt like I had a urinary infection. I got tested and it came back negative. I still have the discomfort though. I have had urinary infections in the past and it's not like a full blown infection. It feels they way you feel when an infection is clearing up. I don't have the urgency or frequency problems but I do have a feeling as though I do need. If there are any loud noises as I'm going off to sleep my urinary muscles go into spasm, involuntarily. It is quite maddening! I don't really notice it during the day, though it is there if I think about it, but at night when there are no distractions it's very unsettling. Has anyone else had this?

Sheryl, do you know why Prozac causes UTI's, I would love to know? I have heard that SSRI's like Prozac suppress estrogen, maybe that makes the area more open to infections etc. Thanks for bringing this up.

wendyxx

Side effects of Prozac

Hi,I just was wondering if any of you ladies realize that Prozac can increase menstrual cramps and UTI's. I was shocked when I found this out.Sheryl *****END OF MESSAGE*****-------------------------------------------------To post message: VulvarDisorders To Subscribe: VulvarDisorders-subscribe Unsubscribe: VulvarDisorders-unsubscribe List owner: VulvarDisorders-owner *****