list mom) suggested it as she had burning and I did just that. It

sure helped.

Have you been checked for Lichen Sclerosus? Anal burning is common

with that but I was also told by a leading pharmacist (Pete Huessman

from College Pharmacy) that a small group of women with atrophy get

anal burning as well.

Dee is not online right now but she said it takes up to 6 months for

the estrace to work. Also, you could be sensitive or allergic to the

alcohols (mainly propolyne glycol or PEG) and this will burn worse.

You can get your doctor to prescribe it compounded in a better base

without the alcohols.

Lynn

Daphne,

It never fails that when I need to update you guys on someething going on with me someone always asks a question leading right to the subject! For the last month I have been experiencing some irritation. It stated right after I wrote that I felt I was finally cured! Actually I have been very careful not to say I am cured but have had pain free sex for the last year and felt maybe it was all gone. Anyway I am on the lowest dose estrogen patch and am taking testosterone (oral). Right before I started the patch in August I tried vagifem. After a week I was very irritated and oozing a smelly white discharge. I stopped the vagifem and this discharge cleared up quickly. I got this discharge last spring also when I tried to use estrace daily so I figure when I try to increase my estrogen levels to high to quick I think maybe I am getting an overgrowth of lactobaccilous (spelling?). Anyway I can use estrace externally about 2 to 3 times per week without problems. When I started the patch I thought it prudent to hold off on the estrace cream until my body adjusted. I tried doubling up on the patch a few times and the discharge comes back. When I started taking testosterone this seemed to reduce this discharge I got when I tried to increase my estrogen levels. The first month I took the testosterone I used the sublingual (1mg). Then I tried the oral capsuls (1mg/day). I liked taking the capsuls better but after about a month I found that the increase in libido I had been experiencing was almost gone. This is also when my increased vaginal irritation started. I talked to the nurse yesterday and asked my dr. to call in a new testosterone persription. I am going back to the highly effective sublinual stuff. I started applying the estrace cream last week. I could never use the cream topically and vaginally at the rate you are using it without a lot of irritation. I am still using the patch (Climara 0.025mg). My day 2 estrogen was 31. I forget the units but they were the standard ones. If anyone needs me to look this up I will later. I am 42. My lab report said this was a normal level but of course Dr. Vliet recommends a level of 90 on this day. Other references I have seen recommend at least a 60 and says a level of 31 says my ovaries are failing. I have not had my levels rechecked since I have been trying to up my estrogen. I am just trying to increase my estrogen intake as best I can without causing new irritation (white discharge stuff). I plan to ask to have my levels rechecked sometime this summer or fall.

To see if you are getting your irritation from this white oozy discharge that I got it is a simple matter of getting a mirror and taking a look. I could easily see it at the entrance to my vagina. When I drop my estrogen intake the discharge clears up and the irrittation from the estrogen goes away.

Marilyn A.

marilyn/ ??about atrophy

I had the gross white discharge before I started the estrogen and it seems too be clearing,I suspected Lactobacillus because I was so over treated for yeast that would never culture out. My day 4 estrogen levels were 27,which I was told was low but not bad!! insane!! I am seeing an endocrinologist to try to figure out whats up with my hormones and taking Vilets book with me I am sure he will love that!!! He had my cortisol levels checked it will be interesting to see what connection that has!!

I have had no loss of sex drive except the anticipation of pain afterwards makes me leary.

Keep me posted, and I will let you know what happens with me

Thanks, Daphne