RemedySpot.com

Re: GOOD NEWS!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Lee,

Sorry I was too busy to write yesterday to answer your e-mails. In answer to your question, now that we have received our 501©3 status, we will change how the check is made out, but first, we have to talk to , the accountant. I'll let you know as soon as we get everything worked out. Elissa was shocked how quickly the IRS responded.Often it takes 12-18 months to have your status confirmed. I'm thrilled!

How is doing ?

Ricky

Re: Good news!

Dear Ricky,Happy Easter! What great news. Does this mean that we will now change how the check is made out? If so I would like to order some new donor cards to bring to the conference.Also this is something we can put in the newsletter.Lee> Dear All,> In today's mail, I received our official confirmation from the IRS > that PSC Partners Seeking a Cure has been granted 501©3 status. > That's a big step for us! Happy Easter everyone.> Ricky> 2003>>

Guest guest

Dear Ricky,

Just let me know when the accountant gives you the OK to change the

name on the donor cards. I want to order some at the end of the week if

I can so that I have plenty to bring to the conference. Also Dave will

need to fix the web site.

Lee

Bill is doing about the same. We are still waiting for the imuran to

kick in. 5 weeks and hoping.

Guest guest

Lee,

I'll keep in touch. Hang in there with the Imuran with Bill. It takes a long time to kick in fully.

Ricky

Re: Good news!

Dear Ricky,Just let me know when the accountant gives you the OK to change the name on the donor cards. I want to order some at the end of the week if I can so that I have plenty to bring to the conference. Also Dave will need to fix the web site.LeeBill is doing about the same. We are still waiting for the imuran to kick in. 5 weeks and hoping.

• 3 years later...
Guest guest

elastic strap will do it - your pt can figure it out - they have the big lifts in and out of beds - mini one for a leg

GOOD NEWS!

Hi everyone......yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure what would work. Thought of some type of rope to lift with, but these dinasaur thighs of mine will need some muscle to lift them up and over. The guy who adjusted the chair for me said they will try and figure something out. They are all about independence! My kind of guy! lol... So the other good news is the Ramp people are here this morning to build my ramp [for FREE! ] in the front of the house, and then I'll be able to get out and meet my neighbors finally!! Its only been 6 years, and I know most of them and their kids have been over here many times, but there are a couple I still would like to say "hey" to! Theres only 8 houses in my neighborhood, but there is the lady in the back I've talked to [who has all the cats] through the fence that I can tootle around to her street and finally meet her face to face.

Now all we need is a conversion van so I can go places, like appts. and fun stuff. Our van is too small. A guy is coming out with another van today and we will see if the chair will fit thru the openings and will work with it, and we will probably try and buy it. So one last step and I'm free, I'm free! Yahooo!! lol....

God Bless with Love, Jackie from Oregon

Guest guest

Sounds like you got the same chair that I did...pics? Mine has the turtle-to-rabbit thing too I don't have a ramp yet, but it shouldn't be too much longer, a few weeks...then I'm off to see the great outdoors!! Hugs, and congrats! Akiba -- GOOD NEWS! Hi everyone......yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure what would work. Thought of some type of rope to lift with, but these dinasaur thighs of mine will need some muscle to lift them up and over. The guy who adjusted the chair for me said they will try and figure something out. They are all about independence! My kind of guy! lol... So the other good news is the Ramp people are here this morning to build my ramp [for FREE! ] in the front of the house, and then I'll be able to get out and meet my neighbors finally!! Its only been 6 years, and I know most of them and their kids have been over here many times, but there are a couple I still would like to say "hey" to! Theres only 8 houses in my neighborhood, but there is the lady in the back I've talked to [who has all the cats] through the fence that I can tootle around to her street and finally meet her face to face. Now all we need is a conversion van so I can go places, like appts. and fun stuff. Our van is too small. A guy is coming out with another van today and we will see if the chair will fit thru the openings and will work with it, and we will probably try and buy it. So one last step and I'm free, I'm free! Yahooo!! lol.... God Bless with Love, Jackie from Oregon

Guest guest

Jackie~

That's just so awesome. I am jumpin' up and down with joy. Well, in my mind anyway, lol. I can imagine how you must feel. Like you've got wings on your back, right. Fly, sister... fly!

Love and blessings,

Val

The residual attributes that we pass down to our children may not be in our genes... but in our souls.

Subject: GOOD NEWS!To: MSersLife Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 7:36 PM

Hi everyone.... ..yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure

what would work. Thought of some type of rope to lift with, but these dinasaur thighs of mine will need some muscle to lift them up and over. The guy who adjusted the chair for me said they will try and figure something out. They are all about independence! My kind of guy! lol... So the other good news is the Ramp people are here this morning to build my ramp [for FREE! ] in the front of the house, and then I'll be able to get out and meet my neighbors finally!! Its only been 6 years, and I know most of them and their kids have been over here many times, but there are a couple I still would like to say "hey" to! Theres only 8 houses in my neighborhood, but there is the lady in the back I've talked to [who has all the cats] through the fence that I can tootle around to her street and finally meet her face to face.

Now all we need is a conversion van so I can go places, like appts. and fun stuff. Our van is too small. A guy is coming out with another van today and we will see if the chair will fit thru the openings and will work with it, and we will probably try and buy it. So one last step and I'm free, I'm free! Yahooo!! lol....

Guest guest

Yeeeehaaaaa! Waskly Wabbit you! Forget the snail pace...lolOccupational therapy can help you with how to do things in the house. Like lifting your leg off the w/c.Don't forget to call the MSS. They might be able to help pay for some of the changes you need in your house or van. The money is there, use it!!!Shirley with lots of hugs to you!Jackie H wrote: Hi evere......yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find

out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure what would work. Thought of some type of rope to lift with, but these dinasaur thighs of mine will need some muscle to lift them up and over. The guy who adjusted the chair for me said they will try and figure something out. They are all about independence! My kind of guy! lol... So the other good news is the Ramp people are here this morning to build my ramp [for FREE! ] in the front of the house, and then I'll be able to get out and meet my neighbors finally!! Its only been 6 years, and I know most of them and their kids have been over here many times, but there are a couple I still would like to say "hey" to! Theres only 8 houses in my neighborhood, but there is the lady in the back I've talked to [who has all the cats]

through the fence that I can tootle around to her street and finally meet her face to face. Now all we need is a conversion van so I can go places, like appts. and fun stuff. Our van is too small. A guy is coming out with another van today and we will see if the chair will fit thru the openings and will work with it, and we will probably try and buy it. So one last step and I'm free, I'm free! Yahooo!! lol.... God Bless with Love, Jackie from Oregon

Guest guest

Oh Jackie!!! I am so happy for you. Independence is a wonderful thing and you have certainly waited long enough for this, haven't you? It's so great to "hear" the elation in your voice/words.

love you!

Sharonhttp://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MSersHEALTH/This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Subject: GOOD NEWS!To: MSersLife Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 12:36 PM

Hi everyone......yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure

what would work. Thought of some type of rope to lift with, but these dinasaur thighs of mine will need some muscle to lift them up and over. The guy who adjusted the chair for me said they will try and figure something out. They are all about independence! My kind of guy! lol... So the other good news is the Ramp people are here this morning to build my ramp [for FREE! ] in the front of the house, and then I'll be able to get out and meet my neighbors finally!! Its only been 6 years, and I know most of them and their kids have been over here many times, but there are a couple I still would like to say "hey" to! Theres only 8 houses in my neighborhood, but there is the lady in the back I've talked to [who has all the cats] through the fence that I can tootle around to her street and finally meet her face to face.

Guest guest

Thanks Sharon,.......I know most of my depression was caused by the fact I was stuck in my house for too long. Not good........So now I feel like I have something to look forward to. So many places I want to take the grandchilles,.......and to the beach......been too long!!

Blessings and hugs, Jackie

Subject: GOOD NEWS!To: MSersLife Date: Friday, July 18, 2008, 12:36 PM

Hi everyone......yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure

Guest guest

Jackie you sound so happy! What a fun email to read! I'm so glad you finally have your chair! And you're getting the ramp in! And you may even be getting a van to carry it in? That's awesome! I hope you and the Chair folk can get a solution worked out soon for your leg.

Love & Hugs,

Challis

GOOD NEWS!

Hi everyone.... ..yesterday they delivered my Va va varoooom chair! It is AWESOME!!! Its so cool, but very control sensitive to touch so I've got learn to drive the thing. It has these settings from a turtle pace all the way up to a rabbits run. Obviously I am at the lowest setting, turtle 101! I can hardly wait until I can get it out in the open, and have no walls to bump into, and can open it full Rabbit throttle!! Its just way cool. The only down side is I am no longer able to raise my right leg so I need help getting it on the foot rest. Steve was hoping as was I that it would give me total independence so he didn't have to roll me to the bathroom, bedroom, etc. in my manual chair anymore. I need to find out how I can lift that leg on to the foot rest myself. I don't have very much upper body strength on my right side either so I'm not sure

Guest guest

Thanks Challis,........after many months of being cooped up I am ready to get out, and even if I have to just be satisfied with tootling around the neighborhood, I'm okay with that!

I'm not sure yet about getting my foot up on the the footrest. I haven't been on the "beast" since I hurt myself. Hubby is going to make some changes to the deck and opening to the door, so I'm kind of waiting until that gets done before I venture out again.

Blessings and hugs, Jackie

Subject: Re: GOOD NEWS!To: MSersLife Date: Saturday, July 19, 2008, 2:21 PM

Jackie you sound so happy! What a fun email to read! I'm so glad you finally have your chair! And you're getting the ramp in! And you may even be getting a van to carry it in? That's awesome! I hope you and the Chair folk can get a solution worked out soon for your leg.

Love & Hugs,

Challis

GOOD NEWS!