Hi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

• 4 years later...
Guest guest

Elaine--

Hey, enjoy your vacation!

--

No virus found in this outgoing message.

Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.

Version: 7.0.308 / Virus Database: 266.8.0 - Release Date: 3/21/2005

• 2 years later...

I would first like to express my thanks at being a part of the group. A little about me. I was diagnosed with MS in July 2005. I was going through a separation and divorce at the time and had just started a new career and new job as an ER nurse. I wasn't sure how this diagnosis would affect me. I was immediately put on Rebif injections and thankfully have not has a relapse since I got out of the hospital. I was always an active person, and I still am. I think that is one of my problems, I don't know when to stop. Luckily I learned and at least changed my job. I quit working in the ER and went to work for a home health agency. I am now a case manager and work in the office except for the one weekend every other month I have to work on call and go out. I haven't been sick as much since. The first year when I was in the ER I had bronchitis 9 times and pneumonia 5, strep 3 and viral gastritis once,

and that was from October to January. I have since gotten remarried, I was talking to someone when I went into the hospital and our first face to face meeting was in the hospital when he came to see me. I guess what is hardest for me is I have lived in a little bit of denial. I know I have MS but I haven't taken it as seriously as I should have. I am 35 and feel fine except for getting dizzy going up stairs. And now I am a little scared. I feel ok but I am worried because my husband is an alcoholic and I wonder what is going to happen when he kills his liver or what will happen the day I have a relapse and pass out at home and he can't do anything because he is passed out. Again I want to thank everyone for the warm welcomes and wishes. And I want to return those warm wishes.Kerri