RemedySpot.com

Mindy Re: Re: disiability issue

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I so totally understand what you are saying and up until Oct 07, I did just as you are doing. For almost 2 years I refused to give up on my job. And for 2 years I over did it. My job requires repetitive trips to the second floor. We have no elevator. Constant climbing up and down small ladders to reach the top drawer of our files. Hours of nonstop computer data work. My eyes can't focus that long. 15 minutes tops and then I have to stop and let my eyes rest. ON sucks! I have to make trip after trip to the other building to pull files or turn in paperwork. I can only walk so long before my left foot goes numb and my leg aches enough to bring me to tears. Needless to say, I don't do much of the shopping in my family anymore. I have talked to the owner of our company and there is no accomodations that can be made in my job field. The job just simply requires those actions I mentioned or else

the job can't be done. Therefore, they will have to find another postition for me. There is no available postition at our company that can be changed to accomodate my disabilities. There are no positions available at our company at all. All jobs are filled. So, my dilema, telling my neuro that I can't perform the duties in my job position nor are there any available positions to accomodate me. mindythores wrote: I'm going to play devils advocate. Keep in mind, this is just my opinion. I

can't speak well, but can't still write. He he.Work it. two simple words but we have to do that. We have to get used to working in our "ms world". I recently went through many of the same symptoms and the same "damn I just can't do it phase" but I forced myself everyday to practice living with dizziness and speech loss. My new co-workers think better of me because I've been honest with them about what is going on. They back me up at the bank when I start losing my speech, they no longer get frustrated with me because I've just bumped into them for the 80th time. And even though about every other day I think I can't do it anymore and just want to curl into a ball and cry, I force myself to give it one more day. Thankfully, each day is a stepping stone and I'm learning to manage this disease. Don't give up just yet!!!Mindy>> Ok, my short term disability ends Jan 15. I don't feel like I'm ready to go back to work. I still have the vertigo, even with treatments of patches and pills, it never goes away completely. I still have the balance issues and cognitive issues. Although some of the symptoms are not severe every day, they still prohibit me from doing things more days than not. Some days I don't feel safe driving. Some days I can't do house work because of the fatigue or even the balance or pain. I know you all know what I am going through, but just wanted some advice on how to explain this to my neuro so he will approve me going on long term disability without doubt that it is what I need.> > Love to you all, > Tammy, Tx> > > Do you know someone with Multiple

Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_> Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.> Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.