RemedySpot.com

Re: and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sharon, Funny you should ask about the pain and hanging them over the side of the bed. That's what I have been doing alot. It helps but doesn't stop the pain. I was woken up this morning at 5 am with this pain and couldn't go back to sleep. My arms are at my side when I sleep. I am still suffering now and I have been up for 3 1/2 hours. Last night was terrible but it's not always that painful at night. It's different every night. I was going to get up and take a pain pill but I didn't want to wake the dogs up and then I would have to let them outside. I stayed in my bed until 7:15 am. The pain is in both arms/hands but it is more severe in the right arm/hand. I am really suffering now. Typing hurts a little but the using the mouse hurts really bad. Thanks for the advice on how I should sleep or that option. I don't know if I can bcs my husband wakes up at

4:30 am to go to work and he can't be quiet and the chase is in my living room. I will wake up when he does and he doesn't leave until 6 am. Then it will take me a long time to get back to sleep (on average 1 hour). What kind of meds were you on for Carpel Tunnel. It seems that what I take is not totally getting rid of the pain, it helps but it not good enough. I even have pain going up to my armpit. Strange but what the doctor says, not impossible for the pain to move upwards. Mostly it effects my hands up to the elbow. I am considering surgery for sure. I just want to wait to see how severe it is when I get the emg. I want to wait (surgery) until my deductable has been met. Usually it will be met in a couple of months or before. We have 2 diabetics in the family and my scrips alone or medical expenses for me will go fast to pay the deductable. We have a flexible spending acct but I don't want

to put $500 on that right now. We need it for office visits and scripts. Thank you so much for telling me what you have been through and what helped for you bcs quite frankly I have no idea what to do about this. I have to get the wrist splints today but I don't know when I should wear them.....only at night but all the time????? You are so kind and caring....thank you, Hugs, :)Sharon wrote: I waited for surgery because I didn't have insurance for a lot of the years, and then when I did I was either taking care of small children on my own (single mom) or later I was taking care of my ill grandmother. A few months after my grandmother died I scheduled the surgery. I didn't have a choice in waiting but I'm glad you do. Challis had her first wrist done years ago but just this last year had the other one done. She said there was a huge difference in the way the surgery was done and the recovery period from the first surgery to the second. Have you discovered that if your hands are over your head when sleep the pain will increase? Are both hands/arms hurting the same? If you can hang your hands/arms over the side of the bed that will also help. If it gets too bad find a comfy chair to sleep in. I slept sitting up for many years before I

had the surgery.hugs))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Back From The Doctors Well I just got back from the doctors. The pain I have in my arms and hands is Carpel Tunnel. Geez, just another thing in the long list of age related ailments. I dropped my scripts off at the pharmacy and the lady says "oh, it's going to be a long while before we can get all these scripts filled". I have ten scripts to be filled. That's going to be a pretty penny but I have to have everything refilled bcs it's the new year. I can't wait to see that bill, argggggg!

:) Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

:I had hard splints to wear at night and sometimes I wore them during the day if it was really bad. Challis only wore her's at night I think. The reasoning behind the splints is that if your wrists get bent down (forward) that's when the pain will increase. I found that if I bent my hands back at the wrist and rubbed and stretched from the wrist to the palm and finally bending the fingers back it helped a little. I'm sorry to tell you but in my experience there was nothing that helped the pain. Ibuprofen type drugs are supposed to help but they make holes in my stomach. Don't let your hands get cold because that makes the pain much worse. I remember my grandmother wearing gloves to bed. Also keep your arms warm. It's nerve pain

and that is the hardest thing to treat. Even after having surgery my wrists will still hurt slightly if I bend them forward. Right now they are aching slightly because I was demonstrating on myself so I would no what to tell you. lolHugs)))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Back From The Doctors Well I just got back from the doctors. The pain I have in my arms and hands is Carpel Tunnel. Geez, just another thing in the long list of age related ailments. I dropped my scripts off at the pharmacy and the lady says "oh, it's going to be a long while before we can get all these scripts filled". I have ten scripts to be filled. That's going to be a pretty penny but I have to have

everything refilled bcs it's the new year. I can't wait to see that bill, argggggg!

:) Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Be a

better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Sharon, I can take motrin but not for a long period of time. I have the same problem with the stomach taking motrin. I just took a vicodin and it lessoned the pain a bit. I was really suffering this morning. Now I am not just thinking about the pain....thank god. I am going to call my doctor after getting the wrist splints and ask him how and when I should wear them. I am so glad that you are sharing your experience with CT bcs I really didn't know anyone with it. My husband said he had it and he has splints but he never wears them. They are nasty though (guy thing) so I am NOT wearing his. I am going to get a girlie splint (if they have them) bcs I don't want to wear his. I have noticed the same thing you are discribing with bending the hands etc. I do put my arms over the bed in the middle of the night but it doesn't seem to help that much, just a little so I might be

able to go back to sleep. My hands always hurt before this. I assumed it was arthritis bcs I could hardly hold anything. I have a major problem with blow drying my hair (even before this) but now it is so bad I can hardly do it and I struggle with the pain then. I try not to pick things up with my right hand or I put somethng (and the other hand) under the right hand so if I lose it the other hand can manage the item so I don't drop it. I have broken so many things it's not funny but I think I told you that....I am sorry if I am repeating myself. Again, thanks for your experiences. Now I know what I am dealing with. Hugs and God Bless, :)Sharon wrote: :I had hard splints to wear at night and sometimes I wore them during the day if it was really bad. Challis only wore her's at night I think. The reasoning behind the splints is that if your wrists get bent down (forward) that's when the pain will increase. I found that if I bent my hands back at the wrist and rubbed and stretched from the wrist to the palm and finally bending the fingers back it helped a little. I'm sorry to tell you but in my experience there was nothing that helped the pain. Ibuprofen type drugs are supposed to help but they make holes in my stomach. Don't let your

hands get cold because that makes the pain much worse. I remember my grandmother wearing gloves to bed. Also keep your arms warm. It's nerve pain and that is the hardest thing to treat. Even after having surgery my wrists will still hurt slightly if I bend them forward. Right now they are aching slightly because I was demonstrating on myself so I would no what to tell you. lolHugs)))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Back From The Doctors Well I just got back from the doctors. The pain I have in my arms and hands is Carpel Tunnel. Geez, just another thing in the long list of age related ailments. I dropped

my scripts off at the pharmacy and the lady says "oh, it's going to be a long while before we can get all these scripts filled". I have ten scripts to be filled. That's going to be a pretty penny but I have to have everything refilled bcs it's the new year. I can't wait to see that bill, argggggg! :) Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

Dear ,

Funny thing happened this afternoon. I was looking at a book that was just given to me today and this just popped up and I thought of you.

"Pyridoxine(B-6) has a number of interesting effects in addition to its actions as a vitamin. High doses (100 milligrams two or three times a day) help relieve nerve compression injuries (like carpal tunnel syndrome), premenstrual syndrome(PMS), and some cases of depression and arthritis. Pyridoxine also helps protect immunity and increases the incidence of remembered dreams.

Although water-soluble vitamins are not thought of as having any toxicity, a few cases of nerve damage have occurred in people taking more than 300 milligrams of pyridoxine a day. I recommend staying below this dose and discontinuing the vitamin if any unusual numbness appears."

I also have had CT in both hands while working as a dental assistant. My hands got so numb that I could not tell if anything was in my hand. Not good for a dental assistant. I had surgery on both hands at the same time around 1978. I have not had any trouble since.

HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES

Lynn Back From The Doctors> > Well I just got back from the doctors. The > pain I have in my arms and > hands is Carpel Tunnel. Geez, just another thing in the long > list of > age related ailments. I dropped my scripts off at the pharmacy > and the > lady says "oh, it's going to be a long while before we can get > all > these scripts filled". I have ten scripts to be filled. That's > going > to be a pretty penny but I have to have everything refilled bcs > it's > the new year. I can't wait to see that bill, argggggg!> > :)> > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > Peace, Love and Hugs,> D. :)> > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > Peace, Love and Hugs,> D. :)> > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > Peace, Love and Hugs,> D. :)> > > > May you always find

HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES

Lynn

Butterflies are angels bringing messages from God

lynn, Wow you are so sweet. Funny I just read about the B6 but thank you for telling me about the dosage. I would probably be one of those with side effects on high doses. I have a funny system when it comes to that kind of thing. Also, I just asked sharon if she had major pain when she first started wearing her splints bcs I am telling you that I am in the kind of pain that I have been waking up with at night. It actually wakes me up and is very painful. I have a high tolerance to pain. I have been in pain for almost 22 years. Lately more or worse in the past 6 years. I am ready to just tell my doctor to do the surgery bcs these things hurt just as bad as what I was suffering with. I can't imagine having that job (and cutting hair) and having this. I have had problems with my hands cramping up for about 10 years but nothing like this.

It's only been one month or so. I can't take it. I don't know how you dealt with it and did your job too. You must have been in so much pain you poor thing. I am glad that the surgery worked for you. If my doctor says surgery, I am there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs and God Bless You, :)happybutterflies@... wrote: Dear , Funny thing happened this afternoon. I was looking at a book that was just given to me today

and this just popped up and I thought of you. "Pyridoxine(B-6) has a number of interesting effects in addition to its actions as a vitamin. High doses (100 milligrams two or three times a day) help relieve nerve compression injuries (like carpal tunnel syndrome), premenstrual syndrome(PMS), and some cases of depression and arthritis. Pyridoxine also helps protect immunity and increases the incidence of remembered dreams. Although water-soluble vitamins are not thought of as having any toxicity, a few cases of nerve damage have occurred in people taking more than 300 milligrams of pyridoxine a day. I recommend staying below this dose and discontinuing the vitamin if any unusual numbness appears." I also have had CT in both hands while working as a dental assistant. My hands got so numb that I could not tell if anything was in my hand. Not good for a dental

assistant. I had surgery on both hands at the same time around 1978. I have not had any trouble since. HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES Lynn Back From The Doctors> > Well I just got back from the doctors. The > pain I have in my arms and > hands is Carpel Tunnel. Geez, just another thing in the long > list of > age related ailments. I dropped my scripts off at the pharmacy > and the > lady says "oh, it's going to be a long while before we can get > all > these scripts filled". I have ten scripts to be filled. That's > going > to be a pretty penny but I have to have everything refilled bcs > it's > the new year. I can't wait to see that bill, argggggg!> > :)> > > > > > > > > >

---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > > > Peace, Love and Hugs,> D. :)> > > > > > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with > Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. > > > > > > > & n bsp; > > Peace, Love and Hugs,> D. :)> > > > > > > > > > >

---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > Peace, Love and Hugs,> D. :)> > > > May you always find HAPPINESS and BUTTERFLIES Lynn Butterflies are angels bringing messages from God Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)