RemedySpot.com

Re: Carpel Tunnel Confirmed - EMG

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had that surgery on my right arm as well back in 2004 I think. I had a great dr. and he did the less invasive surgery where you hardly notice a scar. I was supposd to have the surgery done on both arms but Zack was only 2 at the time of the frst surgery and it was next to impossible to have a little one and my arm wrapped up for that length of time and not lifting.

Be really careful about following the drs. orders about not lifting afterward until he tells you that you can because you can mess up your wrist. I think I must have not paid attention(big surprise there, lol) and lifted too soon becuase I have pain still in my right wrist when I cut for a long time, like veggies or fruit or am constantly doing the smae motion with that hand.

I hope that the pain pill helped after your trip to Walgreens. I know that Carpal Tunnel is very painful and the test to find out if you have it will make it sore for a few days after as well. Let us know if the dr. suggests surgery. My guess is he will if it's confirmed. It's a quick in patient surgery so you won't be stuck at the hospital at least. That's a GOOD thing!!!

Hugs

Peggy

>> I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I > have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right > hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to > the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I > couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one > this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for > the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he > gets the report by Friday.> > Hugs,> :)>

Peggy, You poor thing. You got the surgery but you still have pain (but like you said you didn't follow dr's orders (wink)). I probably will have a problem following the orders too. Yes, my wrists are very sore along with my hands and arms after that test. I didn't know it would hurt so much. Yes, the pain pill helped. It must be the kind of pain pill bcs what I normally take on a daily basis was not working so I had to get something else. What about your left wrists? Does it still bother you? You said you couldn't have them both done bcs of your son. Are you planning on getting that done on your left hand? Thanks for the info. It helps that there is someone who understands the type of pain I am in bcs my husband sure doesn't. Hugs, :)Peggy

wrote: , I had that surgery on my right arm as well back in 2004 I think. I had a great dr. and he did the less invasive surgery where you hardly notice a scar. I was supposd to have the surgery done on both arms but Zack was only 2 at the time of the frst surgery and it was next to impossible to have a little one and my arm wrapped up for that length of time and not lifting. Be really careful about

following the drs. orders about not lifting afterward until he tells you that you can because you can mess up your wrist. I think I must have not paid attention(big surprise there, lol) and lifted too soon becuase I have pain still in my right wrist when I cut for a long time, like veggies or fruit or am constantly doing the smae motion with that hand. I hope that the pain pill helped after your trip to Walgreens. I know that Carpal Tunnel is very painful and the test to find out if you have it will make it sore for a few days after as well. Let us know if the dr. suggests surgery. My guess is he will if it's confirmed. It's a quick in patient surgery so you won't be stuck at the hospital at least. That's a GOOD thing!!! Hugs Peggy >> I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I > have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right > hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to > the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I > couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one > this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for > the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he > gets the report by Friday.> > Hugs,> :)> Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

Well ~ I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive. I hope you get some relief soon. Love and blessings... Val mrsbobbyd wrote: I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Val, Yes, I am on a lot of pain meds. it's only taking the edge off. I just woke up in pain at 6 am. it's driving me crazy. So, I can't drive for at least 4 hours. I don't want to hurt myself let alone someone else. I would never forgive myself. I am going to my older sisters house to see her and my great neice that is about 6 months old. We are also going to see my favorite aunt bcs she has cancer and a bad one at that. She weighs less than 85 lbs now. Anyway, my pcp will get the full report tomorrow and then we will have a plan. I hope it's surgery and not physical therapy. The pain is just way too much to handle. Anyhoo......how are you doing girl? Luv ya and hugs, :)Val Lee wrote: Well ~ I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive. I hope you get some relief soon. Love and

blessings... Val mrsbobbyd <desmarais7sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin

Crisp~ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering,

Always, Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Val,

Yes, I am on a lot of pain meds. it's only taking the edge off. I just woke up in pain at 6 am. it's driving me crazy. So, I can't drive for at least 4 hours. I don't want to hurt myself let alone someone else. I would never forgive myself. I am going to my older sisters house to see her and my great neice that is about 6 months old. We are also going to see my favorite aunt bcs she has cancer and a bad one at that. She weighs less than 85 lbs now. Anyway, my pcp will get the full report tomorrow and then we will have a plan. I hope it's surgery and not physical therapy. The pain is just way too much to handle. Anyhoo......how are you doing girl?

Luv ya and hugs,

:)Val Lee wrote:

Well ~

I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Love and blessings...

Val

mrsbobbyd <desmarais7@sbcgloba l.net> wrote:

I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Peace, Love and Hugs,

D. :)

I was told that carpel tunnel was a direct cause from a disease, like arthritis, diabetes, thyroid problems and I am sure many other things. So it could be related to your MS. I would go to the doctor. I thought mine was just arthritis and my hands cramped up so bad all the time. I can type but I can't write. But in the past two months, the pain got really bad and started waking me up at night and my hands started swelling and shooting up to my armpit so I knew I needed to see a doctor bcs this was not the same as the cramping. I was dropping everyting too. Don't suffer from it. It will just get worse. After the test I am in more pain than I was before and I just can't take it anymore. I have so much medication that I am taking and it's working a little but I am still in so much pain I can't stand it. I didn't realize how painful this could be. Take care of yourself. Hugs, :)"lastinline10@..." wrote: I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering, Always, Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God. Re: Carpel Tunnel Confirmed - EMG Val, Yes, I am on a lot of pain meds. it's

only taking the edge off. I just woke up in pain at 6 am. it's driving me crazy. So, I can't drive for at least 4 hours. I don't want to hurt myself let alone someone else. I would never forgive myself. I am going to my older sisters house to see her and my great neice that is about 6 months old. We are also going to see my favorite aunt bcs she has cancer and a bad one at that. She weighs less than 85 lbs now. Anyway, my pcp will get the full report tomorrow and then we will have a plan. I hope it's surgery and not physical therapy. The pain is just way too much to handle. Anyhoo......how are you doing girl? Luv ya and hugs, :)Val Lee <a1manlady> wrote: Well ~ I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive. I hope you get some relief soon. Love and blessings... Val mrsbobbyd <desmarais7@sbcgloba l.net> wrote: I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT.

He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

~ How long are you going to be with your sister and great niece? I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. She's so tiny, poor thing. I'm glad you're going to go visit her. I know she'll be happy to see you. I really don't see how physical therapy can help carpal tunnel. Seems to me that surgery would be the only option, unless it wasn't too severe. In any case, at least you know what it is, and it can be treated. I'm praying for a full recovery. I'm doing alright. I've started taking my vitamins and minerals on a regular basis now. Mostly for the pain that I've been in, also for my bones. Been taking fish oil as well. Whew! I'm not so sure I'm liking the fish oil. Tom doesn't seem to notice, but I sure

can smell it coming through my pores now. I'm highly sensitive to odors. By that, I mean any scent that is offensive to my nose. But, I've been told that I need to take it. I have high cholesterol and it's supposed to be good for that. You know, I hear garlic is good for high cholesterol also. I like that smell a lot better. LOL Maybe I'll switch? Love ya bunches... Val" D." wrote: Val, Yes, I am on a lot of pain meds. it's only taking the edge off. I just woke up in pain at 6 am. it's driving me crazy. So, I can't drive for at least 4 hours. I don't want to hurt myself let alone someone else. I would never forgive myself. I am going to my older sisters house to see her and my great neice that is about 6 months old. We are also going to see my favorite aunt bcs she has cancer and a bad one at that. She weighs less than 85 lbs now. Anyway, my pcp will get the full report tomorrow and then we will have a plan. I hope it's surgery and not physical therapy. The pain is just way too much to handle. Anyhoo......how are you doing girl? Luv ya and hugs, :)Val Lee <a1manlady> wrote: Well ~ I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive. I hope you get some relief soon. Love and blessings... Val mrsbobbyd <desmarais7sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I went

to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Val, Well, bcs of the extreme pain I decided to cancel today with my sister. I am so upset that I had to cancel with her bcs it's been a while since I have seen her and I haven't seen my great neice yet. I have pictures (am putting them on multiply today) and she is beautiful. I am also upset that I can't see my aunt today. I hope that she is going to be alright. As I said before, they are my favorite aunt and uncle. We love them so much. I am going to call my doctor (if he doesn't call me) tomorrow. I am in need of something stronger than what he gave me. I can't stand it anymore. I am literally going crazy bcs of the pain. I don't know what else to do. I know that I will do the surgery and I am going to demand it. I know my doctor will agree if I ask him about it. He knows how much pain I am in. I am glad you are

doing well. I know Tom hasn't been himself and you have been under so much stress. That surely is not good for anyone's body let alone someone with MS. I hope things get better for you soon. Don't get so upset about your son (it's his age and maybe someone's influence). He will come around. He knows you love him very much. I know, it's one thing to say it but when you are feeling it, it's another thing. Take care of yourself and try not to over do it like you did with the 3 mile walk LOL. Love ya lots, :)Val Lee wrote: ~ How long are you going to be with your sister and great niece? I am so sorry to hear about your aunt. She's so tiny, poor thing. I'm glad you're going to go visit her. I know she'll be happy to see you. I really don't see how physical therapy can help carpal tunnel. Seems to me that surgery would be the only option, unless it wasn't too severe. In any case, at least you know what it is, and it can be treated. I'm praying for a full recovery. I'm doing alright. I've started taking my vitamins and minerals on a regular basis now. Mostly for the pain that I've been in, also for

my bones. Been taking fish oil as well. Whew! I'm not so sure I'm liking the fish oil. Tom doesn't seem to notice, but I sure can smell it coming through my pores now. I'm highly sensitive to odors. By that, I mean any scent that is offensive to my nose. But, I've been told that I need to take it. I have high cholesterol and it's supposed to be good for that. You know, I hear garlic is good for high cholesterol also. I like that smell a lot better. LOL Maybe I'll switch? Love ya bunches... Val" D." <desmarais7sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: Val, Yes, I am on a lot of pain meds. it's only taking the edge off. I just woke up in pain at 6 am. it's

driving me crazy. So, I can't drive for at least 4 hours. I don't want to hurt myself let alone someone else. I would never forgive myself. I am going to my older sisters house to see her and my great neice that is about 6 months old. We are also going to see my favorite aunt bcs she has cancer and a bad one at that. She weighs less than 85 lbs now. Anyway, my pcp will get the full report tomorrow and then we will have a plan. I hope it's surgery and not physical therapy. The pain is just way too much to handle. Anyhoo......how are you doing girl? Luv ya and hugs, :)Val Lee <a1manlady> wrote: Well ~ I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area ! anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive. I hope you get some relief soon. Love and blessings... Val mrsbobbyd <desmarais7sbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote: I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during

the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :) Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

At 10:08 AM 1/10/2008, you wrote:

>I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was

>just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent

>gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering,

>

I used to get really bad numbness in hands while sleeping doctor thought

carpel tunnel but never tested. When it was at it worst , I was tested for

B 12 defeciency which I had because of a particular prescription med for

acid stomach and gerd. The med blocked the absorption of B 12 in the

intestines. I got shots for years after that and the problem went away for

a while.

Then started up again when I was having trouble with the bartters kidney

disease. Low mag and pot levels can also cause numbness and tingling.

Debbie and Ian McKinley (13 yrs BMD)no litters from

Kansas http://home.hit.net/~dimck/ Brighteye Bushy Tail Gretchen CD,CGC

11/11/92 - 10/07/03. Swiss Stars Harvest Moon CD,CGC, DD 6/l8/93-

5/9/04 Swiss Star's Maximum Risk 09/15/02 Sammy (rescue/rehome)

(rescue)

Debbie, Yes this emg is directly related to the dx of carpel tunnel. It's not from typing or repetitive motions of any kind. It' from arithritis, diabetes, MS I am sure and other dieseases. They asked me if I had any of these things before the test and told me that bcs I was right handed it seems wors in that hand. Again, I am having so much pain and the result are going to be in today (although I know it's CT bcs I have the classic symptoms....even the doctor that did the emg said so and aske if it was worse it the right hand). I will call if the doctor doesn't call but he always does after 2 pm when he reviews results and also reviews refills or new scripts that people need). I think I am going to ask for the fentinol patch bcs nothing is working good. I think he will give it to me bcs that's who he is. He is a great doctor. Tell your doctor the

symptoms and he will make an appt. for the test and you will get a difinittive dd and get the right procedure....even surgery if necessary. It will be worth it for sure. Goof luck and hope you get wht you need to stop th painl It sucks big time sp I hope they can help you in some wa. Luv and hugs, Take Care too! :)Debbie McKinley wrote: At 10:08 AM 1/10/2008, you wrote:>I have alot of pain and numbness in my

left wrist, I always thought it was >just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent >gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering,>I used to get really bad numbness in hands while sleeping doctor thought carpel tunnel but never tested. When it was at it worst , I was tested for B 12 defeciency which I had because of a particular prescription med for acid stomach and gerd. The med blocked the absorption of B 12 in the intestines. I got shots for years after that and the problem went away for a while.Then started up again when I was having trouble with the bartters kidney disease. Low mag and pot levels can also cause numbness and tingling.Debbie and Ian McKinley (13 yrs BMD)no litters from Kansas http://home.hit.net/~dimck/ Brighteye Bushy Tail Gretchen CD,CGC11/11/92 - 10/07/03. Swiss Stars Harvest Moon

CD,CGC, DD 6/l8/93-5/9/04 Swiss Star's Maximum Risk 09/15/02 Sammy (rescue/rehome) (rescue) Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

Yes they can actualy tell the difference between cts and MS. I had surgery on both hands for the cts. My MS remains. If only that were as easy to fix.................Maybe someday. BarbDebbie McKinley wrote: At 10:08 AM 1/10/2008, you wrote:>I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was >just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent >gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just

wondering,>I used to get really bad numbness in hands while sleeping doctor thought carpel tunnel but never tested. When it was at it worst , I was tested for B 12 defeciency which I had because of a particular prescription med for acid stomach and gerd. The med blocked the absorption of B 12 in the intestines. I got shots for years after that and the problem went away for a while.Then started up again when I was having trouble with the bartters kidney disease. Low mag and pot levels can also cause numbness and tingling.Debbie and Ian McKinley (13 yrs BMD)no litters from Kansas http://home.hit.net/~dimck/ Brighteye Bushy Tail Gretchen CD,CGC11/11/92 - 10/07/03. Swiss Stars Harvest Moon CD,CGC, DD 6/l8/93-5/9/04 Swiss Star's Maximum Risk 09/15/02 Sammy (rescue/rehome) (rescue)

I am almost 100% sure it's CT since the guy that did the test basically told me it was. Do you still have pain from CT since the surgery? Hugs, :)batman robin wrote: Yes they can actualy tell the difference between cts and MS. I had surgery on both hands for the cts. My MS remains. If only that were as easy to fix.................Maybe someday. BarbDebbie McKinley

wrote: At 10:08 AM 1/10/2008, you wrote:>I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was >just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent >gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering,>I used to get really bad numbness in hands while sleeping doctor thought carpel tunnel but never tested. When it was at it worst , I was tested for B 12 defeciency which I had because of a particular prescription med for acid stomach and gerd. The med blocked the absorption of B 12 in the intestines. I got shots for years after that and the problem went away for a while.Then started up again when I was having trouble with the bartters kidney disease. Low mag and pot levels can also cause numbness and tingling.Debbie and Ian

McKinley (13 yrs BMD)no litters from Kansas http://home.hit.net/~dimck/ Brighteye Bushy Tail Gretchen CD,CGC11/11/92 - 10/07/03. Swiss Stars Harvest Moon CD,CGC, DD 6/l8/93-5/9/04 Swiss Star's Maximum Risk 09/15/02 Sammy (rescue/rehome) (rescue) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

I had surgery for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome too. But I still have MS. Dang!Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. batman robin <bdw25bdwyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Yes they can actualy tell the difference between cts and MS. I had surgery on both hands for the cts. My MS remains. If only that were as easy to fix......... ........Maybe someday. BarbDebbie McKinley

wrote: At 10:08 AM 1/10/2008, you wrote:>I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was >just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent >gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering,>I used to get really bad numbness in hands while sleeping doctor thought carpel tunnel but never tested. When it was at it worst , I was tested for B 12 defeciency which I had because of a particular prescription med for acid stomach and gerd. The med blocked the absorption of B 12 in the intestines. I got shots for years after that and the problem went away for a while.Then started up again when I was having trouble with the bartters kidney disease. Low mag and pot levels can also cause numbness

and tingling.Debbie and Ian

McKinley (13 yrs BMD)no litters from Kansas http://home. hit.net/~ dimck/ Brighteye Bushy Tail Gretchen CD,CGC11/11/92 - 10/07/03. Swiss Stars Harvest Moon CD,CGC, DD 6/l8/93-5/9/04 Swiss Star's Maximum Risk 09/15/02 Sammy (rescue/rehome) (rescue) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

The only pain I ever have is if I bend my wrist in a certain way--then it will ache a little. But NOTHING like the pain from CTS. hugs))Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Re: Carpel Tunnel Confirmed - EMG

I am almost 100% sure it's CT since the guy that did the test basically told me it was. Do you still have pain from CT since the surgery? Hugs, :)batman robin <bdw25bdwyahoo (DOT) com> wrote: Yes they can actualy tell the difference between cts and MS. I had surgery on both hands for the cts. My MS remains. If only that were as easy to fix......... ........Maybe someday. BarbDebbie McKinley

wrote: At 10:08 AM 1/10/2008, you wrote:>I have alot of pain and numbness in my left wrist, I always thought it was >just MS. Can they really detect if it is not MS and CPS instead. Havent >gone to my doc for it cause of my thinking. Just wondering,>I used to get really bad numbness in hands while sleeping doctor thought carpel tunnel but never tested. When it was at it worst , I was tested for B 12 defeciency which I had because of a particular prescription med for acid stomach and gerd. The med blocked the absorption of B 12 in the intestines. I got shots for years after that and the problem went away for a while.Then started up again when I was having trouble with the bartters kidney disease. Low mag and pot levels can also cause numbness

and tingling.Debbie and Ian

McKinley (13 yrs BMD)no litters from Kansas http://home. hit.net/~ dimck/ Brighteye Bushy Tail Gretchen CD,CGC11/11/92 - 10/07/03. Swiss Stars Harvest Moon CD,CGC, DD 6/l8/93-5/9/04 Swiss Star's Maximum Risk 09/15/02 Sammy (rescue/rehome) (rescue) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

I called my Neuro and he called me back saying that MS causes these problems....I am going to my reg doc next week and going to talk to him about being tested for CTS. Thanks for the info

Always, Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply, Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God.

Val,

Yes, I am on a lot of pain meds. it's only taking the edge off. I just woke up in pain at 6 am. it's driving me crazy. So, I can't drive for at least 4 hours. I don't want to hurt myself let alone someone else. I would never forgive myself. I am going to my older sisters house to see her and my great neice that is about 6 months old. We are also going to see my favorite aunt bcs she has cancer and a bad one at that. She weighs less than 85 lbs now. Anyway, my pcp will get the full report tomorrow and then we will have a plan. I hope it's surgery and not physical therapy. The pain is just way too much to handle. Anyhoo...... how are you doing girl?

Luv ya and hugs,

:)Val Lee <a1manladyyahoo (DOT) com> wrote:

Well ~

I am glad you know for sure now. Now you can at least get that pain taken care of. I know with the surgery, you'll feel a whole lot better. (In that area anyway) One step at a time. Do the pills that you take for the pain now, make you drowsy? I guess so, since you said you didn't take them because you had to drive.

I hope you get some relief soon.

Love and blessings...

Val

mrsbobbyd <desmarais7@sbcgloba l.net> wrote:

I went to my appt to get an emg and the doctor basically told me that I have it bcs I have the classic symptoms of CT. He asked me if my right hand and arm were worse during the test and I said yes. I had to go to the grocery store and walgreens for my husband afterwards and I couldn't wait to come home and take a pain pill bcs I couldn't take one this morning bcs I had to drive. The pain is so bad. I will go for the surgery with no question if that's what my doctor suggests when he gets the report by Friday.Hugs, :)Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Peace, Love and Hugs,

Peace, Love and Hugs,