RemedySpot.com

Re: embarrassing question

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi, Kate:

I would think hemorrhoids could be a "by-product" of MS. If one has chronic constipation and is constantly straining when trying to have a movement, it can result in hemorrhoids. I have heard that childbirth can also result in hemorrhoids due to the straining during childbirth.

Sorry that you're in such pain today. You really need some rest and a change of scene! I hope we can help you figure out a solution!

--Dana F. Utz utzdana@... https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/

Kate sorry to hear you are in such pain. You remain in my prayers as always.

Hugs

nne

Hi all....well, hard to say whether or not this is MS-related, and notsure you all suffer with this. Hemroids. or how ever you spell it.The pain is horrific! Not sure if it is related but today I have absolutely

no sensation in my left leg and foot. None. My hands are real awkwardmoving today, and I'm dropping stuff and having a hard time typing.Pins and needles also in the arms and hands.Saw my TN neurosurgeon who did the GK, and said he would repeat the

Gamma Knife--he'll wait for me to make the decision...I don't know. It mayor may not help the second time around. Any thoughts or opinions? Love youeach and all.Val, I surely hope your wonderful, new home is not sold. It is a buyers' marketnow, so expect it to be on the market for sometime, but it is good to startlooking. Did you sign a lease? Or just month to month? No written agreements?Let me know, please. Love you, Kate

We can only be said to be alive in those momentswhen our hearts are conscious of our treasures.~Thornton Wilder -- Breast Cancer Patients Soul Mates for Life

http://www.geocities.com/chucky5741/breastcancerpatients.htmlAnxiety Depression and Breast Cancer

http://health.group.yahoo.com/group/AnxietyDepressionandBreastCancerAngel Feather Loomerwww.angelfeatherloomer.blogspot.comCheck out my other ornaments at

www.geocities.com/chucky5741/bcornament.htmlThe Cancer Clubwww.cancerclub.com

Kate~ Hemaroids...Not fun. I've had them before myself. I'm inclined to believe that they could be MS related, since constipation is an issue with a lot of MSers. Preparation-H does work though. Are you having a relapse? Or do you think it might be a flare up? Guess there's no way to be sure untill you give it at least 72 hours, huh? Well, I hope it's just a flare up. Goodness, you don't need a relapse now, that's for sure. You've been through too much already. When "G." came home, I went upstairs and had a very long talk with her about her situation and what she's thinking about doing. She had just come back from her lawyer's and she didn't receive a whole lot of good news. She said more than likely,

she's going to end up losing the house, but she's going to make a phone call tomorrow. She has other property that she owns and she's going to see if the three of us can move into one of her other homes that she uses as a rental. The mortgage is only $1,400 a month vs. the $9,000 she's paying for this place. But, while we were talking, she started feeling that she wasn't showing enough faith, and she went back outside and pulled up the For Sale sign that she put out there this morning. She's really struggling right now. Tom is coming home early tonight so we (the 3 of us) can sit down and discuss our options. Then, we're going to pray on it. I guess we'll be continuing to walk in faith. Yes, we did sign a lease. But, it's a month to month; since none of us knew just what was going to happen in the long run. One thing's for sure, we've all agreed to look out for eachother. Love and blessings... ValKate Rothschild wrote: Hi all....well, hard to say whether or not this is MS-related, and notsure you all suffer with this. Hemroids. or how ever you spell it.The pain is horrific! Not sure if it is related but today I have absolutelyno sensation in my left leg and foot. None. My hands are real awkwardmoving today, and I'm dropping stuff and having a hard

time typing.Pins and needles also in the arms and hands.Saw my TN neurosurgeon who did the GK, and said he would repeat theGamma Knife--he'll wait for me to make the decision...I don't know. It mayor may not help the second time around. Any thoughts or opinions? Love youeach and all.Val, I surely hope your wonderful, new home is not sold. It is a buyers' marketnow, so expect it to be on the market for sometime, but it is good to startlooking. Did you sign a lease? Or just month to month? No written agreements?Let me know, please. Love you, KateWe can only be said to be alive in those momentswhen our hearts are conscious of our treasures.~Thornton WilderEuphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

(((Kate))) my love, I have the same problem!!!! I have not had a

normal BM as my Gramma used to call it when I was younger and had no

clue what the heck she was talking about since I've been dx!!!

I dread when I feel my stomach churning and making " those " noises. I

am in the bathroom for a half hour sometimes which isn't good because

it's the ONLY bathroom and Zack ALWAYS has to go 15 minutes in. I am

also terrified of this because this is what caused my Moms massive

heart attack. She died in the bathroom. That was her worst fear. So

everytime I am in there all I can picture is her and pray that it

doesn't happen to me.

I would talk to the doctor about it. I'm not sure if it has anything

to do with the numbness or tingling you're feeling, again that would

be something to ask the doctor.

You aren't alone in the other department, so to say!!!

Love ya,

Peggy

P.S. Sorry the type is so small, I keep forgetting to use the larger

font. My memory is really getting me down or letting me down!!!

>

> Hi all....well, hard to say whether or not this is MS-related, and

not

> sure you all suffer with this. Hemroids. or how ever you spell it.

> The pain is horrific! Not sure if it is related but today I have

absolutely

> no sensation in my left leg and foot. None. My hands are real

awkward

> moving today, and I'm dropping stuff and having a hard time typing.

> Pins and needles also in the arms and hands.

> Saw my TN neurosurgeon who did the GK, and said he would repeat the

> Gamma Knife--he'll wait for me to make the decision...I don't know.

It may

> or may not help the second time around. Any thoughts or opinions?

Love you

> each and all.

> Val, I surely hope your wonderful, new home is not sold. It is a

buyers'

> market

> now, so expect it to be on the market for sometime, but it is good

to start

> looking. Did you sign a lease? Or just month to month? No written

> agreements?

> Let me know, please. Love you, Kate

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> We can only be said to be alive in those moments

> when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.

> ~Thornton Wilder

>

There are digestive enzymes for this:

Pancreatin and Betaine, both available on line

through iherb.com or over the counter at most

pharmacies or health food stores. This is a very

common challenge in MS, and most neurologists have

heard of it only as " loss of bowel control, " which

the tend to think of as an inication of an MS

Episode; most do not get it that it can be a chronic

thing, as can bladder control.

Good luck with all this, Gang!

love,

n

> >

> > Hi all....well, hard to say whether or not this is MS-related,

and

> not

> > sure you all suffer with this. Hemroids. or how ever you spell it.

> > The pain is horrific! Not sure if it is related but today I have

> absolutely

> > no sensation in my left leg and foot. None. My hands are real

> awkward

> > moving today, and I'm dropping stuff and having a hard time

typing.

> > Pins and needles also in the arms and hands.

> > Saw my TN neurosurgeon who did the GK, and said he would repeat

the

> > Gamma Knife--he'll wait for me to make the decision...I don't

know.

> It may

> > or may not help the second time around. Any thoughts or opinions?

> Love you

> > each and all.

> > Val, I surely hope your wonderful, new home is not sold. It is a

> buyers'

> > market

> > now, so expect it to be on the market for sometime, but it is

good

> to start

> > looking. Did you sign a lease? Or just month to month? No written

> > agreements?

> > Let me know, please. Love you, Kate

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > We can only be said to be alive in those moments

> > when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.

> > ~Thornton Wilder

> >

>

Thanks n,

I'll check those things out. The neurologist asked me about incontinence and constipation but I haven't gotten up the nerve to discuss it with him. He is my new dr. and I'm not comfortable with him yet and the last dr. I told I suffered from constipation tld me to "eat prunes".

Hugs

Peggy

> > >> > > Hi all....well, hard to say whether or not this is MS-related, > and > > not> > > sure you all suffer with this. Hemroids. or how ever you spell it.> > > The pain is horrific! Not sure if it is related but today I have > > absolutely> > > no sensation in my left leg and foot. None. My hands are real > > awkward> > > moving today, and I'm dropping stuff and having a hard time > typing.> > > Pins and needles also in the arms and hands.> > > Saw my TN neurosurgeon who did the GK, and said he would repeat > the> > > Gamma Knife--he'll wait for me to make the decision...I don't > know. > > It may> > > or may not help the second time around. Any thoughts or opinions? > > Love you> > > each and all.> > > Val, I surely hope your wonderful, new home is not sold. It is a > > buyers' > > > market> > > now, so expect it to be on the market for sometime, but it is > good > > to start> > > looking. Did you sign a lease? Or just month to month? No written > > > agreements?> > > Let me know, please. Love you, Kate> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > We can only be said to be alive in those moments> > > when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.> > > ~Thornton Wilder> > >> >>

Re: embarrassing question

You know, Peggy, you and I are in the same boat in some ways with our spouses...they don't completely get it. I wish my hub would be more like nne's Chuck, who set up a men's breast cancer group when nne was dx'd. Now nne is here to help support Chuck. It is a beautiful thing. I think the world of the 2 of them! And Chuck, I miss you terribly! Are you working on your ships? Let us know.

Fortunately, we have 2 bathrms, but I know the feeling well, Peggy.

Tell he is welcome anytime. Just tell him to call me first--on MY cell phone-. thanks, love, Kate

(((Kate))) my love, I have the same problem!!!! I have not had a normal BM as my Gramma used to call it when I was younger and had no clue what the heck she was talking about since I've been dx!!!I dread when I feel my stomach churning and making "those" noises. I am in the bathroom for a half hour sometimes which isn't good because it's the ONLY bathroom and Zack ALWAYS has to go 15 minutes in. I am also terrified of this because this is what caused my Moms massive heart attack. She died in the bathroom. That was her worst fear. So everytime I am in there all I can picture is her and pray that it doesn't happen to me.I would talk to the doctor about it. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the numbness or tingling you're feeling, again that would be something to ask the doctor.You aren't alone in the other department, so to say!!!Love ya,PeggyP.S. Sorry the type is so small, I keep forgetting to use the larger font. My memory is really getting me down or letting me down!!!

Hey Dana....where do you live again? :oD?

That might be a great change of scenery...

might just be a solution!

hugs

Kate

Hi, Kate:

I would think hemorrhoids could be a "by-product" of MS. If one has chronic constipation and is constantly straining when trying to have a movement, it can result in hemorrhoids. I have heard that childbirth can also result in hemorrhoids due to the straining during childbirth.

Sorry that you're in such pain today. You really need some rest and a change of scene! I hope we can help you figure out a solution!

--Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/

<wink> <wink> Lnb... ValKate Rothschild wrote: Hey Dana....where do you live again? :oD? That might be a great change of scenery... might just be a

solution! hugs Kate Hi, Kate: I would think hemorrhoids could be a "by-product" of MS. If one has chronic constipation and is constantly straining when trying to have a movement, it can result in hemorrhoids. I have heard that childbirth can also result in hemorrhoids due to the straining during childbirth. Sorry that you're in such pain today. You really need some rest and a change of scene! I hope we can help you figure out a solution! --Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/ Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Hugs Akiba -- Re: embarrassing question <wink> <wink> Lnb... ValKate Rothschild <katelloydkidzoptonline (DOT) net> wrote: Hey Dana....where do you live again? :oD? That might be a great change of scenery... might just be a solution! hugs Kate Hi, Kate: I would think hemorrhoids could be a "by-product" of MS. If one has chronic constipation and is constantly straining when trying to have a movement, it can result in hemorrhoids. I have heard that childbirth can also result in hemorrhoids due to the straining during childbirth. Sorry that you're in such pain today. You really need some rest and a change of scene! I hope we can help you figure out a solution! --Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/ Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.