RemedySpot.com

Re: Val: Re: NORD and Avonex and Disability

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just got my Lyrica refilled (finally!!!) and I prefer it, for reasons already stated, over Neurontin. Sorry it didn't work for you, if I recall correctly it didn't work well for Sharon, either, but is does work for me. I can almost not walk at all these days, my ankle twists so severely. With every step I risk my leg just giving out. I called the scooter goy, am desperately trying to get that ball rolling... Hugs Akiba -- Val: Re: NORD and Avonex and Disability Are you taking anything for the fatigue? I just started Lyrica 3 weeks ago as I was Dx'd with fibro at my last neuro appt. Calling the office today to tell him I am stopping it and going back to Neurontin. Before the Neurontin, I was getting the wild electric shocks for my eye to my toes on one side. After each episode, that arm and hand would be completely dead and useless, paralyzed I suppose, for about 30 minutes. These stopped after about a month on the Neurontin. I have had two episodes this past week. Not as severe as the original ones as far as paralysis, but the pain is excrutiating! The Lyrica worked on my head, neck and shoulders, but it's not worth it to have to deal with these episodes again. Anyway, point being in all of this, the fatigue was the next symptom to tackle. It will be put on hold while I adjust back to the Neurontin. Love ya! TammyVal Lee <a1manlady> wrote: {{{Tammy}}} I'm glad to hear that you're at least getting some treatment. Hopefully the information that you send in will give you a better chance of getting approved. I know what you mean by the fatigue. Gosh, I get so tired of wearing a smile on my face and pretending that I'm alright, when in reality, a lot of the time I'm literally forcing myself just to speak. Thanks for checking in. Love you loads... ValTammy in Texas <tamatha_tx> wrote: Well, finally got a call back from NORD and the woman told me some of the items to send in that would give me a better chance of getting approved for some help. Still depending on Avonex and its wonderful people to send me free shots every month. They have been just the best! Made a promise to myself that when I finally get some help, I will return the favor somehow. Was told today that my neuro put me on another 90 days of disability. So now I am out until April 15th. Good in a way, but just wish I would get some idea of how my SSDI is going. He wanted to know what improvements there have been. I told him my balance is better and I haven't had any exacerbations. Other than that, things are still the same. It's the dang fatigue that keeps me from going back to work more than any other symptom. He told me we would work on that when my meds were on a more even regiment. I can understand that. Thought I better let you all know what has been going on before you send some posse after me! LOL Love to you all! Tammy, Tx Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

No, I don't take anything. Can't afford to. Of course, if they wouldn't take my husband's income into acct. That wouldn't be a problem. LOL But, I am making an appointment with a Rheumatologist this week. I've been in so much pain for so long. I've been chalking it all up to MS. But, truthfully, I believe it's something else. MS can be painful, but this is just too much. I need to know what's causing all the pain. MS, fibromyalgia, arthritis? Since the pain is usually in the same spots as the MS or the arthritis, I'm not sure that it's not fibromyalgia. My neuro, at one time said he kinda suspects that I may have it. I need to know. Other than that and the fatigue, I'm basically well enough to get around. But, I'm telling you, the bad days way out number the good days. Love and blessings... ValTammy in Texas wrote: Are you taking anything for the fatigue? I just started Lyrica 3 weeks ago as I was Dx'd with fibro at my last neuro appt. Calling the office today to tell him I am stopping it and going back to Neurontin. Before the Neurontin, I was getting the wild electric shocks for my eye to my toes on one side. After each episode, that arm and hand would be completely dead and useless, paralyzed I suppose, for about 30

minutes. These stopped after about a month on the Neurontin. I have had two episodes this past week. Not as severe as the original ones as far as paralysis, but the pain is excrutiating! The Lyrica worked on my head, neck and shoulders, but it's not worth it to have to deal with these episodes again. Anyway, point being in all of this, the fatigue was the next symptom to tackle. It will be put on hold while I adjust back to the Neurontin. Love ya! TammyVal Lee <a1manlady> wrote: {{{Tammy}}} I'm glad to hear that you're at least getting some treatment. Hopefully the information that you send in will give you a better chance of getting

approved. I know what you mean by the fatigue. Gosh, I get so tired of wearing a smile on my face and pretending that I'm alright, when in reality, a lot of the time I'm literally forcing myself just to speak. Thanks for checking in. Love you loads... ValTammy in Texas <tamatha_tx> wrote: Well, finally got a call back from NORD and the woman told me some of the items to send in that would give me a better chance of getting approved for some help. Still depending on Avonex and its wonderful people to send me free shots every month. They have been just the best! Made a promise to myself that when I finally get some help, I will return the favor somehow. Was told today that my neuro put me on another 90 days of disability. So now I am out until April 15th. Good in a way, but just wish I would get some idea of how my SSDI is going. He wanted to know what improvements there have been. I told him my balance is better and I haven't had any exacerbations. Other than that, things are still the same. It's the dang fatigue that keeps me from going back to work more than any other symptom. He told me we would work on that when my meds were on a more even regiment. I can understand that. Thought I better let you all know what has been going on before you send some posse after me! LOL Love to you all! Tammy, Tx Do you know someone with Multiple

Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

{{{Val}}} Im sorry you are in so much pain.:( I am so glad you are

going to the Reumatologist.Please let me know when your appointment

will be. You have been in pain too long. I really hope and pray they

can find out why and help you get some relief. Were is the pain? I hope

you dont have arthritis or fibro on top of the ms but the sooner you

find out what is causing it the sooner you can be treated for whatever

it is. I havnt been online much but im still praying for you and for

everyone on the group.I miss ya! Im gonna call and bug you in the next

day or two.;)

luv n hugz,

cassy

Re: Val: Re: NORD and Avonex and Disability

No, I don't take anything. Can't afford to. Of course, if they

wouldn'ttake my husband's income into acct. That wouldn't be a

problem.LOLBut, I am making an appointment with a Rheumatologist this

week. I've been in so much pain for so long. I've been chalking it all

up to MS. But, truthfully, I believe it's something else. MS can be

painful, but this is just too much. I need to know what's causing all

the pain. MS, fibromyalgia, arthritis? Since the pain is usually in the

same spots as the MS or the arthritis, I'm not sure that it's not

fibromyalgia. Myneuro, at one time said he kinda suspects that I may

have it.I need to know. Other than that and the fatigue, I'm basically

well enough toget around. But, I'm telling you, the bad days way out

number the good days. Love and blessings... Val

Tammy in Texas com> wrote: Are you taking anything for the

fatigue? I just started Lyrica 3 weeks ago as I was Dx'd with fibro at

my last neuro appt. Calling the office today to tell him I am stopping

it and going back to Neurontin. Before the Neurontin, I was getting the

wild electric shocks for my eye to my toes on one side. After each

episode, that arm and hand would be completely dead and useless,

paralyzed I suppose, for about 30

minutes. These stopped after about a month on the Neurontin. I have

had two episodes this past week. Not as severe as the original ones as

far as paralysis, but the pain is excrutiating! The Lyrica worked on my

head, neck and shoulders, but it's not worth it to have to deal with

these episodes again. Anyway, point being in all of this, the fatigue

was the next symptom to tackle. It will be put on hold while I adjust

back to the Neurontin. Love ya! Tammy

Val Lee com> wrote: {{{Tammy}}} I'm glad to hear that you're at

least getting some treatment. Hopefully the information that you send

in will give you a better chance of getting

approved. I know what you mean by the fatigue. Gosh, I get so tired of

wearing a smile on my face and pretending that I'm alright, when in

reality, a lot of the time I'm literally forcing myself just to speak.

Thanks for checking in. Love you loads... Val

Tammy in Texas com> wrote: Well, finally got a call back from

NORD and the woman told me some of the items to send in that would give

me a better chance of getting approved for some help. Still depending

on Avonex and its wonderful people to send me free shots every month.

They have been just the best! Made a promise to myself that when I

finally get some help, I will return the favor somehow.

Was told today that my neuro put me on another 90 days of

disability. So now I am out until April 15th. Good in a way, but just

wish I would get some idea of how my SSDI is going. He wanted to know

what improvements there have been. I told him my balance is better and

I haven't had any exacerbations. Other than that, things are still the

same. It's the dang fatigue that keeps me from going back to work more

than any other symptom. He told me we would work on that when my meds

were on a more even regiment. I can understand that. Thought I

better let you all know what has been going on before you send some

posse after me! LOL Love to you all! Tammy, Tx

Do you know someone with Multiple

Sclerosis? Help find a cure!

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s\

_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_

Join Killeen BarterTrade For Sale

athttp://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try it now.

Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin

Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure!

http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s\

_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with

Yahoo! Search.

Crisp~

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

#AOLMsgPart_2_4c04f3ca-f353-4d8e-af65-7c6e7505bba3

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail ! -

http://webmail.aol.com

Woo Hoo! Yayyyy! You finally got your Lyrica! Is it helping yet?

Ya.stay away from that neurontin.:) I hope you can get your scooter

soon I know how much you need it. Be careful walking. Im praying it

gets better.

luv n hugz,cassy

Val: Re: NORD and Avonex

and Disability

Are you taking anything for the fatigue? I just started Lyrica 3

weeks ago as I was Dx'd with fibro at my last neuro appt. Calling the

office today to tell him I am stopping it and going back to Neurontin.

Before the Neurontin, I was getting the wild electric shocks for my eye

to my toes on one side. After each episode, that arm and hand would be

completely dead and useless, paralyzed I suppose, for about 30 minutes.

These stopped after about a month on the Neurontin. I have had two

episodes this past week. Not as severe as the original ones as far as

paralysis, but the pain is excrutiating! The Lyrica worked on my head,

neck and shoulders, but it's not worth it to have to deal with these

episodes again. Anyway, point being in all of this, the fatigue was the

next symptom to tackle. It will be put on hold while I adjust back to

the Neurontin. Love ya! Tammy

Val Lee com> wrote: {{{Tammy}}} I'm glad to hear that you're at

least getting some treatment. Hopefully the information that you send

in will give you a better chance of getting approved. I know what you

mean by the fatigue. Gosh, I get so tired of wearing a smile on my face

and pretending that I'm alright, when in reality, a lot of the time I'm

literally forcing myself just to speak. Thanks for checking in. Love

you loads... Val

Tammy in Texas com> wrote: Well, finally got a call back from

NORD and the woman told me some of the items to send in that would give

me a better chance of getting approved for some help. Still depending

on Avonex and its wonderful people to send me free shots every month.

They have been just the best! Made a promise to myself that when I

finally get some help, I will return the favor somehow. Was told

today that my neuro put me on another 90 days of disability. So now I

am out until April 15th. Good in a way, but just wish I would get some

idea of how my SSDI is going. He wanted to know what improvements there

have been. I told him my balance is better and I haven't had any

exacerbations. Other than that, things are still the same. It's the

dang fatigue that keeps me from going back to work more than any other

symptom. He told me we would work on that when my meds were on a more

even regiment. I can understand that. Thought I better let you all

know what has been going on before you send some posse after me! LOL

Love to you all! Tammy, Tx

_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo!

Mobile. Try it now.

Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

#AOLMsgPart_3_7c97893d-ec1d-4f48-a25b-0fbab8abdd51

More new features than ever. Check out the new AOL Mail ! -

http://webmail.aol.com

That's a good idea! You are right to send every little detail and bill concerning your disability. I'm working on doing the same, myself. I just wish it wasn't such a slow process. But, I'm doing what I can, when I can. <smile> Blow that fax machine up, girl!! I'm cheering you on and lifting you high. Love and blessings... ValTammy in Texas wrote: I spent the day digging for every bill I paid back to Oct of '06, which is when I quit working. I pulled out all the receipts for every doc visit and every co-pay for Rx's. These people are gonna be sorry that they asked and used the words "anything you can find that you spent money on." I think I may even send in my grocery receipts so they see that I am buying the basics just to survive and have enough money to pay bills. I bet I have over a hundred sheets to fax in. Guess I will do in 25 sheet bursts! LOL Their fax machine is gonna be busy for awhile!Val Lee <a1manlady> wrote: No, I don't take anything. Can't afford to. Of course, if

they wouldn't take my husband's income into acct. That wouldn't be a problem. LOL But, I am making an appointment with a Rheumatologist this week. I've been in so much pain for so long. I've been chalking it all up to MS. But, truthfully, I believe it's something else. MS can be painful, but this is just too much. I need to know what's causing all the pain. MS, fibromyalgia, arthritis? Since the pain is usually in the same spots as the MS or the arthritis, I'm not sure that it's not fibromyalgia. My neuro, at one time said he kinda suspects that I may have it. I need to know. Other than that and the fatigue, I'm basically well enough to get around. But, I'm telling you, the bad days way out number the good days. Love and blessings... ValTammy in Texas

<tamatha_tx> wrote: Are you taking anything for the fatigue? I just started Lyrica 3 weeks ago as I was Dx'd with fibro at my last neuro appt. Calling the office today to tell him I am stopping it and going back to Neurontin. Before the Neurontin, I was getting the wild electric shocks for my eye to my toes on one side. After each episode, that arm and hand would be completely dead and useless, paralyzed I suppose, for about 30 minutes. These stopped after about a month on the Neurontin. I have had two episodes this past week. Not as severe as the original ones as far as paralysis, but the pain is excrutiating! The Lyrica worked on my head, neck and shoulders, but it's not worth it to have to deal with these episodes again. Anyway, point being in all of this, the fatigue was the next

symptom to tackle. It will be put on hold while I adjust back to the Neurontin. Love ya! TammyVal Lee <a1manlady> wrote: {{{Tammy}}} I'm glad to hear that you're at least getting some treatment. Hopefully the information that you send in will give you a better chance of getting approved. I know what you mean by the fatigue. Gosh, I get so tired of wearing a smile on my face and pretending that I'm alright, when in reality, a lot of the time I'm literally forcing myself just to speak. Thanks for checking in. Love you loads... ValTammy in Texas <tamatha_tx> wrote: Well, finally got a call back from NORD and the woman told me some of the items to send in that would give me a better chance of getting approved for some help. Still depending on Avonex and its wonderful people to send me free shots every month. They have been just the best! Made a promise to myself that when I finally get some help, I will return the favor somehow. Was told today that my neuro put me on another 90 days of disability. So now I am out until April 15th. Good in a way, but just wish I would get some idea of how my SSDI is going. He wanted to know what improvements there have been. I told him my balance is better and I haven't had any exacerbations. Other than that, things are

still the same. It's the dang fatigue that keeps me from going back to work more than any other symptom. He told me we would work on that when my meds were on a more even regiment. I can understand that. Thought I better let you all know what has been going on before you send some posse after me! LOL Love to you all! Tammy, Tx Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join

Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Do you know someone with Multiple Sclerosis? Help find a cure! http://www.nationalmssociety.org/site/PageServer?pagename=HOM_GEN_homepage & amp;s_Affiliate=HOM_GEN_ Join Killeen Barter Trade For Sale at http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/KilleenBarterTradeForSale/ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.