RemedySpot.com

Re: Akiba's feet! EEK!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

No, it's not edema (or Rob calls it "gout") as you can see the other ankle is "normal" Also I do take a mild "water pill", prescribed. No, no broken toesies, that's the way they've always been, bad enough my feet were already malformed without this added! And the walking on my right ankle throws me back off even more, adding to the scholiosis pain, and hip pain. Not forgetting that my knees are bone-on-bone and need TKR's on both of them. (TKR = Total Knee Replacement) but I'm "too young" to get them. Bottom line, I'm screwed. Oh well. Hugs Akiba -- Akiba's feet! EEK! Akiba, has anyone suggested that you are retaining fluid,that is that you have edema? I have this and my internistprescribes Furosemide (Lasix) with Potassium Chloride as thedrug causes some depletion of sodium chloride, but mostly ofpotassium chloride. This makes a HUGE difference in how myfeet feel.Also, it looks as if you have arthritis in your toes, and possibly some toes that have been broken in the past. I wouldbe DEMANDING (politely, of course) some help with all this.I take a rather benign NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatorydrug) medication for my arthritis.Girl, you have a RIGHT to gripe!Love to you and to all coping with our feet!(note; I am NOT sending a photo of my feet, all size11 mens size!n, waaay out in California where the ducks and geeseare currently very happy!

Sorry to hear about your knees - I can relate, I have a crappy pair

too... (And I am also " too young " for it to be taken seriously... I'll

try with a new doc when I feel I have the time and energy to go down

that road again, though. That or if they get even worse).

Any chance you could get any of the other type surgeries, that were

invented to be used for knee arthritis (spelling?) in " younger

people " ? One relatively new technique where they replace the cartilage

with some artificial coating, instead of replacing the whole knee

(I've considered that, but only one hospital in Sweden specialize in

it, so naturally they have a really long waiting list). Another option

- but one that might not work if your joints are bone-to-bone all the

way around (most of the times the cartilage gets worn down only, or at

least mostly, on the area where the different parts of the joint meet,

and less on areas around that) - doesn't really involve the knee at

all, but instead what is done in surgery is changing the angle of the

leg slightly (thus changing the area of cartilage being worn/used

inside the knee joint) by taking a chip of bone out of the leg. This

latter surgery is used especially on people " too young " for TKR, and

also to postpone the need for a TKR in young people with knee

arthritis (lessening the total number of times they'll have to have

it, since a replaced knee doesn't last forever, and that is the reason

they won't do TKR on people " too young " - something I do share your

frustration over!).

Anyway - best of luck with your knees! Surgery or no surgery, you have

my complete sympathy!

love

/Reb

>

> No, it's not edema (or Rob calls it " gout " ) as you can see the other

ankle

> is " normal " Also I do take a mild " water pill " , prescribed.

>

> No, no broken toesies, that's the way they've always been, bad enough my

> feet were already malformed without this added! And the walking on

my right

> ankle throws me back off even more, adding to the scholiosis pain,

and hip

> pain. Not forgetting that my knees are bone-on-bone and need TKR's

on both

> of them. (TKR = Total Knee Replacement) but I'm " too young " to get them.

>

> Bottom line, I'm screwed.

>

> Oh well.

>

> Hugs

>

> Akiba

>

>

>

> -- Akiba's feet! EEK!

>

>

>

> Akiba, has anyone suggested that you are retaining fluid,

>

> that is that you have edema? I have this and my internist

>

> prescribes Furosemide (Lasix) with Potassium Chloride as the

>

> drug causes some depletion of sodium chloride, but mostly of

>

> potassium chloride. This makes a HUGE difference in how my

>

> feet feel.

>

> Also, it looks as if you have arthritis in your toes, and

>

> possibly some toes that have been broken in the past. I would

>

> be DEMANDING (politely, of course) some help with all this.

>

> I take a rather benign NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory

>

> drug) medication for my arthritis.

>

> Girl, you have a RIGHT to gripe!

>

> Love to you and to all coping with our feet!

>

> (note; I am NOT sending a photo of my feet, all size

>

> 11 mens size!

>

> n, waaay out in California where the ducks and geese

>

> are currently very happy!

>

A Dr. in WV did a cortisone shot, three actually...they helped for a time but wear off...can't wait it see what the locals here come up with. Hugs Akiba -- Akiba's feet! EEK!> > > > Akiba, has anyone suggested that you are retaining fluid,> > that is that you have edema? I have this and my internist> > prescribes Furosemide (Lasix) with Potassium Chloride as the> > drug causes some depletion of sodium chloride, but mostly of> > potassium chloride. This makes a HUGE difference in how my> > feet feel.> > Also, it looks as if you have arthritis in your toes, and > > possibly some toes that have been broken in the past. I would> > be DEMANDING (politely, of course) some help with all this.> > I take a rather benign NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory> > drug) medication for my arthritis.> > Girl, you have a RIGHT to gripe!> > Love to you and to all coping with our feet!> > (note; I am NOT sending a photo of my feet, all size> > 11 mens size!> > n, waaay out in California where the ducks and geese> > are currently very happy!>

I've had those too. It's true they wear off, but it's nice to be able to walk without pain while they last...love /Reb> > >> > > No, it's not edema (or Rob calls it "gout") as you can see the other> > ankle> > > is "normal" Also I do take a mild "water pill", prescribed.> > > > > > No, no broken toesies, that's the way they've always been, bad enough my> > > feet were already malformed without this added! And the walking on> > my right> > > ankle throws me back off even more, adding to the scholiosis pain,> > and hip> > > pain. Not forgetting that my knees are bone-on-bone and need TKR's> > on both> > > of them. (TKR = Total Knee Replacement) but I'm "too young" to get them.> > > > > > Bottom line, I'm screwed.> > > > > > Oh well.> > > > > > Hugs> > > > > > Akiba> > > > > > > > > > > > -- Akiba's feet! EEK!> > > > > > > > > > > > Akiba, has anyone suggested that you are retaining fluid,> > > > > > that is that you have edema? I have this and my internist> > > > > > prescribes Furosemide (Lasix) with Potassium Chloride as the> > > > > > drug causes some depletion of sodium chloride, but mostly of> > > > > > potassium chloride. This makes a HUGE difference in how my> > > > > > feet feel.> > > > > > Also, it looks as if you have arthritis in your toes, and > > > > > > possibly some toes that have been broken in the past. I would> > > > > > be DEMANDING (politely, of course) some help with all this.> > > > > > I take a rather benign NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory> > > > > > drug) medication for my arthritis.> > > > > > Girl, you have a RIGHT to gripe!> > > > > > Love to you and to all coping with our feet!> > > > > > (note; I am NOT sending a photo of my feet, all size> > > > > > 11 mens size!> > > > > > n, waaay out in California where the ducks and geese> > > > > > are currently very happy!> > >>