RemedySpot.com

Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dana~ I have found that a cast iron skillet works the best for me. This is how I know that the temp is just right for frying. First, in a cold pan, add just a drop of water to your oil. Turn on the heat. When you hear the oil popping like crazy, you know you have the oil at the right temp. After the oil stops popping, place your chicken in the oil, making sure you don't over crowd it. Doing so, will drop the cooking temp. As with all meats when you are cooking, try not to play with it too much. You know, flipping in over and over. LOL. When the chicken is brown on the bottom side, turn it over. Cook until brown on the side. When you notice that your chicken is not making so much noise, it is done. This always works for me. The electric skillet idea, sounds like a good

one also. A lot of times, the reason the chicken gets done on the outside and not on the inside, is because you are not using the right tempurature. The temp has to stay consistant. Too much chicken in the pan uses too much of your heat. It's much easier if you do a couple of small batches, rather than one big batch. I hope you can understand what I'm saying. Love and blessings... Val <*)))><utzdana@... wrote: Hello, On Sunday I tried frying chicken and it didn't turn out well. The recipe (a Deen's Southern Fried Chicken) was good but I couldn't get the chicken to fry properly. The coating on the chicken would brown very quickly but the meat would be barely cooked. I used a thermometer to help gauge the temperature of the cooking oil (I used peanut oil) but I couldn't keep a consistent temp of 350 F. First, for frying chicken, do you think I should purchase an electric fryer in order to set a consistent cooking temp? Second, when cooking chicken, do you recommend submerging the entire chicken piece in oil or just cook one side at a time and flip the

chicken pieces half way through cooking? Third, how long should I cook the chicken? And, how do I keep the coating from burning after only a few minutes of frying? Thanks. --Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/ Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hello Dana,

My mom used to fry chicken every Sunday. The first

recommendation that I have is to use some other oil

besides peanut oil. I use canola oil, my mom always

used Crisco, the solid shortening, not the oil.

My mom didn't cook one piece at a time. She fried her

chicken over a medium heat, or what she judged as

medium. She had a gas stove. The oil has to be hot

before adding even one piece of chicken.

Fry the chicken by turning it to brown it evenly,

about 15 minutes. The next thing my mom did was to

turn the flame down to low and put a heavy lid on her

skillet. She Cooked the chicken another 20-25 minutes

with the lid on, then another 5 to 10 minutes with the

lid off. She used the pan drippings to make gravy.

So, we had chicken and gravy, with green beans and

biscuits every Sunday for as far back as I can

remember.

I have made fried chicken, but prefer grilling it.

Or, I use Shake n Bake. But, mostly when I'm at home,

I don't eat meat in any form.

Donna in WA

<HTML>

<A HREF= " http://pets.care2.com/i?p=628786495 " >Join Care2.com's Race for

Pets!</A>

</HTML>

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Looking for last minute shopping deals?

Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

http://tools.search.yahoo.com/newsearch/category.php?category=shopping

Hi, Donna:

My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried!

Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening.

I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol

--Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdana@... https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/

I learned to fry chicken from my mother who was born and raised in Georgia. Coat the chicken in seasoned flour (salt and pepper). Put about and inch of fat in a heavy skillet. Mom always preferred cast iron but I've used other heavy pans and it worked fine. Mom always used Crisco but any good vegetable oil is good. I usually use corn oil. Get the oil medium hot and put the chicken in. Cook the chicken uncovered. Mom always said "only turn it once". Cook it at medium heat until it is nicely browned (about 20 to 30 minutes probably) then turn it. Continue cooking until done. This takes some practice. I'm sorry I can't be more specific for you, Dana, and I've never used a meat themometer in my life. I guess I'll

have to fry some chicken and do some timing so I can give you better instructions. I really haven't fried chicken for a long time but it sure sounds good now that you've brought up the subject.

Good luck on your next frying adventure. Be sure to let me know how it goes, okay? Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Totally OT: Question on frying chicken

Hello,

On Sunday I tried frying chicken and it didn't turn out well. The recipe (a Deen's Southern Fried Chicken) was good but I couldn't get the chicken to fry properly. The coating on the chicken would brown very quickly but the meat would be barely cooked. I used a thermometer to help gauge the temperature of the cooking oil (I used peanut oil) but I couldn't keep a consistent temp of 350 F.

First, for frying chicken, do you think I should purchase an electric fryer in order to set a consistent cooking temp?

Second, when cooking chicken, do you recommend submerging the entire chicken piece in oil or just cook one side at a time and flip the chicken pieces half way through cooking?

Third, how long should I cook the chicken? And, how do I keep the coating from burning after only a few minutes of frying?

Thanks.

--Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, the whole Fried Chicken thing really was a topic here and there while I was gone. LOL How fun to read through it all now. I bet I'll still be finding more of the posts, too. LOL

I believe I did read that you had success with your chickie frying? :o) Are there pictures? LOL

You know, I was scared to fry anything. For many years. I had a little Fry Daddy that I used for a bit. But still hated it. I'd gotten rid of my electric skillet long before (I don't care for how fried chicken comes out with those anyway -- the temp controlling does not work as fried chicken needs it to). After and I were together, he talked of how he enjoyed fried chicken. <groan> LOL So one day I went ahead and made it. Leaned over the Fry Daddy to check or remove the chicken, the grease splattered and hit me under the chin, giving me a few good blisters which left scars. felt guilty! LOL Why??? LOL And for my next birthday I was given a very nice fryer. The sort with a temp control, lid that closed, basket that lowers and raises. LOL :o)

I am now able to fry in a pan (stainless steel -- no coating, ever). Eventually I will fry chicken in my cast iron (I'm newish to that, workign on issues <gg>). Grease was one issue I needed to work on (enormous OCD-related issues with grease), and I've done quite well! It's helped to use vinegar for cleaning, too. LOL But the hot grease and burning, that was a problem. I'm doing much better now. LOL And then there was the raw meat issues. Ohhh and those are bad. Bleh.

Anyhoo... I use a big skillet. Big. Only enough grease in the pan to come about half, or a smidge above half way up the sides of the chicken. Only a few pieces in at a time, letting the grease heat up again nicely between each batch. Each time the meat is added, the temp drops (one tip I've heard, though don't use, is to crank the heat up a little with each addition). (My stove is gas, for whatever it's worth lol).

The meat fries for a while. I don't know time, but I watch for the same signs as many types of meat/other styles of cooking meat. Watch for the juices to run clear. They begin to seep up out of the top, and go clearer and clearer.

Then turn. <g>

And... I never use the veggie oils. Not in liquid or hydrogenated states (baaaaad... Shortening is only good for moisturizing skin and that's creepy LOLOL). Lard. Took me a while to start that, but I have. And poke around and you'll find it's not the evil we've long feared it is. It is natural, not synthetic... it is what was intended to go into our bodies. Our bodies are natural, not synthetic, so why would we fuel them with synthetics? Our bodies process and break down lard and butter and it does so properly... margarines, veggie oils, etc., are not broken down, used and discarded as lard is.

And that's my voice on greases. LOL

Challis

Hi, Donna:

My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried!

Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening.

I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol

Challis~ So sorry you got blisters under your chin. OUCH! I agree with your method of cooking chicken, but...I don't use lard. Guess it's because I heard it comes from pigs, and I don't eat pork. Actually, I eat very little red meat also. Mostly fish and chicken, and turkey. So, I'm going to have to go ahead and fry my chicken in Canola oil, which works out pretty well for me. Smyelin groovy wrote: Wow, the whole Fried Chicken thing really was a topic here and there while I was gone. LOL How fun to read through it all now. I bet I'll still be finding more of the posts, too. LOL I believe I did read that you had success with your chickie frying? :o) Are there pictures? LOL You know, I was scared to fry anything. For many years. I had a little Fry Daddy that I used for a

bit. But still hated it. I'd gotten rid of my electric skillet long before (I don't care for how fried chicken comes out with those anyway -- the temp controlling does not work as fried chicken needs it to). After and I were together, he talked of how he enjoyed fried chicken. <groan> LOL So one day I went ahead and made it. Leaned over the Fry Daddy to check or remove the chicken, the grease splattered and hit me under the chin, giving me a few good blisters which left scars. felt guilty! LOL Why??? LOL And for my next birthday I was given a very nice fryer. The sort with a temp control, lid that closed, basket that lowers and raises. LOL :o) I am now able to fry in a pan (stainless steel

-- no coating, ever). Eventually I will fry chicken in my cast iron (I'm newish to that, workign on issues <gg>). Grease was one issue I needed to work on (enormous OCD-related issues with grease), and I've done quite well! It's helped to use vinegar for cleaning, too. LOL But the hot grease and burning, that was a problem. I'm doing much better now. LOL And then there was the raw meat issues. Ohhh and those are bad. Bleh. Anyhoo... I use a big skillet. Big. Only enough grease in the pan to come about half, or a smidge above half way up the sides of the chicken. Only a few pieces in at a time, letting the grease heat up again nicely between each batch. Each time the meat is added, the temp drops (one

tip I've heard, though don't use, is to crank the heat up a little with each addition). (My stove is gas, for whatever it's worth lol). The meat fries for a while. I don't know time, but I watch for the same signs as many types of meat/other styles of cooking meat. Watch for the juices to run clear. They begin to seep up out of the top, and go clearer and clearer. Then turn. <g> And... I never use the veggie oils. Not in liquid

or hydrogenated states (baaaaad... Shortening is only good for moisturizing skin and that's creepy LOLOL). Lard. Took me a while to start that, but I have. And poke around and you'll find it's not the evil we've long feared it is. It is natural, not synthetic... it is what was intended to go into our bodies. Our bodies are natural, not synthetic, so why would we fuel them with synthetics? Our bodies process and break down lard and butter and it does so properly... margarines, veggie oils, etc., are not broken down, used and discarded as lard is. And that's my voice on greases. LOL Challis Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken Hi, Donna: My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried! Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening. I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol --Mr. Dana

F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Love and blessings... Val <*)))>< Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

LOL The smell of the lard took me some getting used to. I can't say I like it still. LOL

Challis

Hi, Donna:

Love and blessings...

Val <*)))><

Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I love fried chicken, but Steve has "issues" with chicken on the bone. It grosses him out. And he says I'm the one with issues. LOL.Smyelin groovy wrote: Wow, the whole Fried Chicken thing really was a topic here and there while I was gone. LOL How fun to read through it all now. I bet I'll still be finding more of the

posts, too. LOL I believe I did read that you had success with your chickie frying? :o) Are there pictures? LOL You know, I was scared to fry anything. For many years. I had a little Fry Daddy that I used for a bit. But still hated it. I'd gotten rid of my electric skillet long before (I don't care for how fried chicken comes out with those anyway -- the temp controlling does not work as fried chicken needs it to). After and I were together, he talked of how he enjoyed fried chicken. <groan> LOL So one day I went ahead and made it. Leaned over

the Fry Daddy to check or remove the chicken, the grease splattered and hit me under the chin, giving me a few good blisters which left scars. felt guilty! LOL Why??? LOL And for my next birthday I was given a very nice fryer. The sort with a temp control, lid that closed, basket that lowers and raises. LOL :o) I am now able to fry in a pan (stainless steel -- no coating, ever). Eventually I will fry chicken in my cast iron (I'm newish to that, workign on issues <gg>). Grease was one issue I needed to work on (enormous OCD-related issues with grease), and I've done quite well! It's helped to use vinegar for cleaning, too. LOL But the hot grease and burning, that was a problem. I'm doing much better

now. LOL And then there was the raw meat issues. Ohhh and those are bad. Bleh. Anyhoo... I use a big skillet. Big. Only enough grease in the pan to come about half, or a smidge above half way up the sides of the chicken. Only a few pieces in at a time, letting the grease heat up again nicely between each batch. Each time the meat is added, the temp drops (one tip I've heard, though don't use, is to crank the heat up a little with each addition). (My stove is gas, for whatever it's worth lol). The meat fries for a while. I don't know time, but I watch for the same signs as

many types of meat/other styles of cooking meat. Watch for the juices to run clear. They begin to seep up out of the top, and go clearer and clearer. Then turn. <g> And... I never use the veggie oils. Not in liquid or hydrogenated states (baaaaad... Shortening is only good for moisturizing skin and that's creepy LOLOL). Lard. Took me a while to start that, but I have. And poke around and you'll find it's not the evil we've long feared it is. It is natural, not synthetic... it is what was intended to go into our bodies. Our bodies are natural, not synthetic, so why

would we fuel them with synthetics? Our bodies process and break down lard and butter and it does so properly... margarines, veggie oils, etc., are not broken down, used and discarded as lard is. And that's my voice on greases. LOL Challis Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken Hi, Donna: My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried! Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening. I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol --Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

How funny. Josh had issues with chicken on the bone, too. I'm not sure about . I'm a little confused there. He says he does, but then he tries to clarify and when it tries to clarify, it's not the bone but the chances of chicken on the bone not being fully cooked? <shrug> LOL

The red near the bone from all the arsenic has thrown him off. LOL I don't buy that chicken though, so we're good here. LOL

Challis

Hi, Donna:

Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

That's what freaks him out. Seeing the red meat next to the bone. Yet, if I take the meat off the bone and put it on his plate, he has no problem. LOLSmyelin groovy wrote: How funny. Josh had issues with chicken on the bone, too. I'm not sure about . I'm a little confused there. He says he does, but then he tries to clarify and

when it tries to clarify, it's not the bone but the chances of chicken on the bone not being fully cooked? <shrug> LOL The red near the bone from all the arsenic has thrown him off. LOL I don't buy that chicken though, so we're good here. LOL Challis Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken Hi, Donna: My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried! Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening. I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol --Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

LOL Tell him it's from the arsenic they feed the chickens, that's all. LOLOL

Logic has not a thing to do with OCD or it's cousins. LOL

Challis

Hi, Donna:

Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

He'd never eat chicken again! LOL.Smyelin groovy wrote: LOL Tell him it's from the arsenic they feed the chickens, that's all. LOLOL Logic has not a thing to do with OCD or it's

cousins. LOL Challis Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken Hi, Donna: My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried! Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening. I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol --Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

When my very-picky-eater cousin was little, she had very few things she would eat. One was eggs. Her older brother visited once and told her they were "chicken embryos". She stopped eating eggs. LMHO

Her Mother once called my Mom to "thank her" for telling the picky-eater what was in hot dogs and bologna... she said that's abut the only thing the kid would eat! LOL

My cousin also stopped eating peanut butter when she learned of "the bug allowance". LOLOL

Now, my kids? You tell them this stuff and they merrily announce what they're eating in those terms. And I'm always happy to *induldge* the truth for them. LOL For hot dogs it would be "we're having pig lips and cow butt!" ROFL I guess I'm not allowed to tell kids that hot dogs are "pig anus in a tube". That's a little vulgar, I guess. LOLOL

I won't use what my cousin said of eggs. That's just gross. LOL

Challis

Hi, Donna:

Wow, the

whole Fried Chicken thing really was a topic here and there while I

was gone. LOL How fun to read through it all now. I bet I'll still

be finding more of the posts, too. LOL

>

> I believe I did read that you had success with your chickie

frying? :o) Are there pictures? LOL

>

> You know, I was scared to fry anything. For many years. I had a

little Fry Daddy that I used for a bit. But still hated it. I'd

gotten rid of my electric skillet long before (I don't care for how

fried chicken comes out with those anyway -- the temp controlling does

not work as fried chicken needs it to). After and I were

together, he talked of how he enjoyed fried chicken. <groan> LOL So

one day I went ahead and made it. Leaned over the Fry Daddy to check

or remove the chicken, the grease splattered and hit me under the

chin, giving me a few good blisters which left scars. felt

guilty! LOL Why??? LOL And for my next birthday I was given a very

nice fryer. The sort with a temp control, lid that closed, basket

that lowers and raises. LOL :o)

>

> I am now able to fry in a pan (stainless steel -- no coating,

ever). Eventually I will fry chicken in my cast iron (I'm newish to

that, workign on issues <gg>). Grease was one issue I needed to work

on (enormous OCD-related issues with grease), and I've done quite

well! It's helped to use vinegar for cleaning, too. LOL But the hot

grease and burning, that was a problem. I'm doing much better now.

LOL And then there was the raw meat issues. Ohhh and those are bad.

Bleh.

>

> Anyhoo... I use a big skillet. Big. Only enough grease in the

pan to come about half, or a smidge above half way up the sides of the

chicken. Only a few pieces in at a time, letting the grease heat up

again nicely between each batch. Each time the meat is added, the

temp drops (one tip I've heard, though don't use, is to crank the heat

up a little with each addition). (My stove is gas, for whatever it's

worth lol).

>

> The meat fries for a while. I don't know time, but I watch for

the same signs as many types of meat/other styles of cooking meat.

Watch for the juices to run clear. They begin to seep up out of the

top, and go clearer and clearer.

>

> Then turn. <g>

>

> And... I never use the veggie oils. Not in liquid or hydrogenated

states (baaaaad... Shortening is only good for moisturizing skin and

that's creepy LOLOL). Lard. Took me a while to start that, but I

have. And poke around and you'll find it's not the evil we've long

feared it is. It is natural, not synthetic... it is what was intended

to go into our bodies. Our bodies are natural, not synthetic, so why

would we fuel them with synthetics? Our bodies process and break down

lard and butter and it does so properly... margarines, veggie oils,

etc., are not broken down, used and discarded as lard is.

>

> And that's my voice on greases. LOL

>

> Challis

>

>

> Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken

>

> Hi, Donna:

>

> My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't

southern-fried, but it was fried!

>

> Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But,

as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening.

>

> I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and

see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a

successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol

>

> --

> Mr. Dana F. Utz

> utzdanacomcast (DOT) net

>

> https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/

>

>

>

>

>

>

> I love, and can finally fry chicken BUT it is alot of work and

especially watching it. So my husband tells me to use SHAKE and BAKE

them. Chicken night is a hit now because I like to eat and be done

with all by 6:00pm.

(truth is no one else in the family can fry chicken)

Lea Ann Cossey

lejocos40@...

> ---------------------------------

> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!

Search.

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Blessings, Trista

> 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a

cross'... (Sinclair )

>

>

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Blessings, Trista

cross'... (Sinclair )

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

>

>

>

> Blessings, Trista

cross'... (Sinclair )

>

>

>

>

Ewwwwwww! Did you have to tell me that!? LOL "Oh boys...... dinner's ready. Come eat your pig anus in a tube!" 's reply: Can I have catsup on it? LMHO. Smyelin groovy wrote: When my very-picky-eater cousin was

little, she had very few things she would eat. One was eggs. Her older brother visited once and told her they were "chicken embryos". She stopped eating eggs. LMHO Her Mother once called my Mom to "thank her" for telling the picky-eater what was in hot dogs and bologna... she said that's abut the only thing the kid would eat! LOL My cousin also stopped eating peanut butter when she learned of "the bug allowance". LOLOL Now, my kids?

You tell them this stuff and they merrily announce what they're eating in those terms. And I'm always happy to *induldge* the truth for them. LOL For hot dogs it would be "we're having pig lips and cow butt!" ROFL I guess I'm not allowed to tell kids that hot dogs are "pig anus in a tube". That's a little vulgar, I guess. LOLOL I won't use what my cousin said of eggs. That's just gross. LOL Challis Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken Hi, Donna: My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried! Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening. I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol --Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

LOLOL!

If you don't say it next time, I bet you think it. ROFL

Challis

Hi, Donna:

Steve says it all the time. He'll never let me NOT think it. LOL.Smyelin groovy wrote: LOLOL! If you don't say it next time, I bet you think it. ROFL Challis Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken Hi, Donna: My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn't southern-fried, but it was fried! Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But, as a kid my mom also used

Crisco shortening. I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat and see if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have a successful batch, I'll post a photo. lol --Mr. Dana F. Utz utzdanacomcast (DOT) net https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/ Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair ) Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find

them fast with Yahoo! Search. Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

I don't know why Yahoo likes to hide your messages when you post, but's it's always an adventure to find it. LOL

When my dh was living on the White Mountain Apache Reservation, framing houses with his crew from the Valley for several months, many of their meals were fish (they lived in a cabin with Hawley pretty much their backyard and other lakes a quick drive away). The guys found that Shake-n-Bake on fish was very good! LOL

Challis

~~

I love, and can finally fry chicken BUT it is alot of work andespecially watching it. So my husband tells me to use SHAKE and BAKEthem. Chicken night is a hit now because I like to eat and be donewith all by 6:00pm.(truth is no one else in the family can fry chicken)Lea Ann Cosseylejocos40yahoo (DOT) com

Re: Totally OT: Question on frying chicken> > Hi, Donna:> > My mom also made fried chicken when I was a kid. It wasn'tsouthern-fried, but

it was fried! > > Peanut oil is recommended because it stands up to high heat. But,as a kid my mom also used Crisco shortening.> > I'm going to invest in an electric skillet with a thermostat andsee if that helps with cooking at an even temp. When I have asuccessful batch, I'll post a photo. lol> > --> Mr. Dana F. Utz > utzdanacomcast (DOT) net > > https://home. comcast.net/ ~utzdana/> > > > > > > I love, and can finally fry chicken BUT it is alot of work andespecially watching it. So my husband tells me to use SHAKE and BAKEthem. Chicken night is a hit now because I like to eat and be donewith all by 6:00pm.(truth is no one else in the family can fry chicken)Lea Ann Cosseylejocos40yahoo (DOT) com > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo!Search. > > > > > > > Blessings, Trista > 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying across'... (Sinclair )> > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try it now. > > > > > > > > Blessings, Trista > 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying across'... (Sinclair )>

> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage. > > > > > > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.Try it now. > > > > > Blessings, Trista > 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying across'... (Sinclair )> > > > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>