RemedySpot.com

Re: Hi All/Long/Sorry

Rate this topic

Guest guest

{{{Peggy}}} I just wish I could be there to give you a big hug and support. I know this is very rough on you. I really don't know how you manage as well as you do. I don't care what anyone says...no one gets MS until they get MS. It's a struggle I deal with on a daily basis, trying to get family to understand. People are just so full of themselves that they don't see what's going on around them. Shoot, I could probably drop dead and no one would know I was gone until they needed something. I just hope that your husband finds out if he has ADD or not and is able to get some help for it. I suspect that that's a lot of Tom's problems right now, on top of his anxiety and depression. You can't tell him that his behavior is effecting my health. If you're anything like me, I know 's behavior is effecting you too. It effects every person they have

and dealings with. I am lifting you and your family in prayer. I hope that Zack will adjust and that you can find some peace. Bless his heart. I can only imagine what's going on inside of him. Be strong and stay the loving person that I know that you are. Love and blessings... ValPeggy wrote: Hi

Everyone,Sorry I've been missing quite a few posts here in the past few days. It's been a rough week or however long it's been sicne i posted. Not so much with me really as with my son zack. He has ADHD and ODD and it has really been coming through and his behavior lately has been bad and taking every ounce of energy and strength i have plus what i don't have to deal with him.first, let me tell you about my neuro appt. with the new doc. He was wonderful even though i only say him for about 15 minutes. Even his nurse and he knew the dr. i was talking about and both rolled their eyes when i said his name and agreed that he was a wacko, lol!!! He told me that I do have new lesions although I didn't get a chance to ask them where they were as I was basically standing in the middle of the hall in a paper gown with my behind hanging out, not a pretty site I'm sure! He said it was a relapse I had in November which we

basically already knew. He did say something interesting to me though. That when i was taken off of Avonex tht i should have gone to a higher interferon like Rebif before going to Copaxone and the relapse may have not happened. Otherwise he says I am doing good. I go back to see him in 3 months where i hope to be able to ask him the questions i hoped to ask him then. My appt. was so late in the day that he was a little rushed. My next appt. is at 9 in the morning I think.Now, about my awful time with Zack. I'm at my wits end with him. I have come so close in the past week to physically hurting him and feel like the worst Mother ever. He has just been taken off of Risperadol which he was on for ODD and now takes half of a pill of .25 mg of Zoloft in the morning for anxiety and depression. This was based on the schools evaluation of him as we are going through thr re evaluation process because his teacher

suggested it. So now he's been evaluated but they are not removing him from kindergarten which is good but his behavior at home has been soooo bad I'm beside myself. has been gone for about 4 days and Zack trashed the house Friday night and I was on the 2nd day of a migraine and my eyes were hurting again and I was in bed waiting for alicia got home from work and within about 10 minutes time of me not watching him my living room was covered with all this little shredded paper from a basket I got for my birhtday that I was letting the kitten sleep in. It wasn't just in the living room but the whole house. I had to leave it, I was so upset and exhausted as he's also been getting up at 2 and 3 in the morning and not going back to sleep until 6 and then getting up at 9 or ten, at least on the weekedn. Even yesterday I had to take him into school because he was up at 3 am and we overselfp and he missed the

bus. It took me over and hour on saturday to vacuum the mess up and then I turn around and vacuum the rest of the house and what little stuff was left in the basket he threw around again. GGGRRRR!!!At one time he even thought he was going to stand up to me and gritted his teeth and stood up and had his fists clenched with his arms down at his sides and wouldn't sit down like I told him to and even when I stood over him(which is not by very much as I'm only 4'9") the little snot wouldn't sit!!! All I could think was, "Oh no he's not!!!!!" Now i'm wondering wht the heck am i going to do when he is taller than me, which won't be long now, and stronger than me, which he is now when he's in a rage. I finally had to put him in his room and close the door which I hate to do because it terrifies him, he hates to be alone and he just is so scared to be closed in anywhere. When he finally came out he came right to me and asked

for a hug because he said that would make him feel better. Of course that made me feel 100% worse and I just broke down crying and apologized to him and kept saying that I wish he wasn't like this and I wish I could make it better.To top it all off is being a complete, well you know and he's home now and I'm glad he's home but I'm not. Does that make sense? We've been fighting alot lately and I don't know why, it feels like he just doesn't get me anymore. It bothers me that he doesn't want to listen to how I feel. He tries to tell me that he's trying to learn more about MS which I know is a lie. I've been with him for more than half my life, I know when he's lying to me. I'm a pretty good lie detector with most people. I tried to tell him this morning that it doesn't even have to do with learning about MS it has to do with learning how MS affects ME. It's how it makes me feel. He tells me that he asks me

every day how I'm feeling. Well he's talking about the physical, I need him to support the emotional part of the MS. He just doesn't get it. We've already had a fight this morning and he of course thuned it around on me as usual, shift the blame, story of his life. Well, he can shift the blame but he's only shifting it from one of his shoulders to the next because I'm not taking it anymore. He was wrong and he knows it and that's why he's shifting the blame. He's going to the dr today himself to be tested for ADD so hopefully he can get some answers and possibly some medicine to help him there. I don't know if it will make a difference in what is going on between us, I doubt it, but at least it will help him.I think I'm going to go back to bed now, even though I hate to do it because it's beautiful outside, they're calling for record highs today, possibly 65!! My trees and flowers weill be all messed up again, my

lilac tree on the side of the house already has buds on it, HELLO, it's January!!!! Don't get me wrong I love the warm weather but they're calling for snow tomorrow. I hate NY weather. I know Kate is with me on this!!!!I'm sorry this was so long, I've just been so frustrated and have only been on to basically read emails and junk. My New Years resolutions are not panning out too well. I'm supposed to be happier this year. It's the 8th of January and I think I've cried every day so far. To top it off, my washing machine is croaking, the knob to set the washer is stripped so I have to turn it with a pair of hemostats, my vacuum is clogged(hopefully can fix that), and I have blisters all over my hands from trying to get the toilet unclogged, that took 3 days, why I don't know. Tomorrow I am going out to lunch with a girlfriend. She is shocked that I'm actually venturing out and she won't take no for an answer

now that I've said yes. She'll hunt me down if I try to back out which is probably good for me.I'll try to catch up with you all I promise. just made a comment about me being on the computer though and I told him I have to get support and compassion and understanding someplace. I also said if I wasn't on the computer he'd be on it and at least I'm doing something productive, not just playing solitaire. I really think I should go back to bed. Better to keep my mouth shut today I think.Hugs to all,PeggyEuphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Thanks Dana,

I did just speak to his psychiatrist and he suggested we put him back

on the Risperadol and call him again tomorrow night to talk more when

he is at the office where he normally sees Zack so he has all his

records.

Of course the little pisser slept through the night last night

because his father was home. I swear if I didn't know better the kid

is just trying to make me think I'm crazy!!!!

Hugs,

Peggy

>

> Hi Peggy:

>

> I'm so sorry to learn of your difficult situation with Zack. (Hm,

that's the name of my nephew and he seems to have many of the same

problems. He's taking at least one med for ADHD.) I will keep you and

your family in my prayers. I hope some of these issues can be

resolved soon.

>

> --

> Mr. Dana F. Utz

> utzdana@...

>

> https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/

>

Thanks so much Val,

You're right, it's so hard to explain MS to people who don't have it.

Reading about it just doesn't cut it that's for sure. I sometimes

wonder to how long it would take my family to notice I was gone if I

disappeared in the middle of the day.

does have ADD and was put on Straterra. We'll see how that

goes. It's not going to help his miserable mood any. I don't know

what's going to help that. I'm still angry at him for the comments

from this morning. Just the fact that he said that I MADE him give up

bowling and it was something that HE enjoyed. It made me feel like he

WOULDN'T enjoy spending that time with ME trying to get back to being

some sort of a couple again. Maybe we're past that, I don't know.

Thank you for your prayers, I can use all the help I can get lately.

Hugs,

Peggy

> Hi Everyone,

>

> Sorry I've been missing quite a few posts here in the past few

days.

> It's been a rough week or however long it's been sicne i posted.

Not

> so much with me really as with my son zack. He has ADHD and ODD and

> it has really been coming through and his behavior lately has been

> bad and taking every ounce of energy and strength i have plus what

i

> don't have to deal with him.

>

> first, let me tell you about my neuro appt. with the new doc. He

was

> wonderful even though i only say him for about 15 minutes. Even his

> nurse and he knew the dr. i was talking about and both rolled their

> eyes when i said his name and agreed that he was a wacko, lol!!! He

> told me that I do have new lesions although I didn't get a chance

to

> ask them where they were as I was basically standing in the middle

of

> the hall in a paper gown with my behind hanging out, not a pretty

> site I'm sure! He said it was a relapse I had in November which we

> basically already knew. He did say something interesting to me

> though. That when i was taken off of Avonex tht i should have gone

to

> a higher interferon like Rebif before going to Copaxone and the

> relapse may have not happened. Otherwise he says I am doing good. I

> go back to see him in 3 months where i hope to be able to ask him

the

> questions i hoped to ask him then. My appt. was so late in the day

> that he was a little rushed. My next appt. is at 9 in the morning I

> think.

>

> Now, about my awful time with Zack. I'm at my wits end with him. I

> have come so close in the past week to physically hurting him and

> feel like the worst Mother ever. He has just been taken off of

> Risperadol which he was on for ODD and now takes half of a pill

> of .25 mg of Zoloft in the morning for anxiety and depression. This

> was based on the schools evaluation of him as we are going through

> thr re evaluation process because his teacher suggested it. So now

> he's been evaluated but they are not removing him from kindergarten

> which is good but his behavior at home has been soooo bad I'm

beside

> myself.

>

> has been gone for about 4 days and Zack trashed the house

> Friday night and I was on the 2nd day of a migraine and my eyes

were

> hurting again and I was in bed waiting for alicia got home from

work

> and within about 10 minutes time of me not watching him my living

> room was covered with all this little shredded paper from a basket

I

> got for my birhtday that I was letting the kitten sleep in. It

wasn't

> just in the living room but the whole house. I had to leave it, I

was

> so upset and exhausted as he's also been getting up at 2 and 3 in

the

> morning and not going back to sleep until 6 and then getting up at

> or ten, at least on the weekedn. Even yesterday I had to take him

> into school because he was up at 3 am and we overselfp and he

missed

> the bus. It took me over and hour on saturday to vacuum the mess up

> and then I turn around and vacuum the rest of the house and what

> little stuff was left in the basket he threw around again.

GGGRRRR!!!

>

> At one time he even thought he was going to stand up to me and

> gritted his teeth and stood up and had his fists clenched with his

> arms down at his sides and wouldn't sit down like I told him to and

> even when I stood over him(which is not by very much as I'm only

> 4'9 " ) the little snot wouldn't sit!!! All I could think was, " Oh no

> he's not!!!!! " Now i'm wondering wht the heck am i going to do when

> he is taller than me, which won't be long now, and stronger than

me,

> which he is now when he's in a rage. I finally had to put him in

his

> room and close the door which I hate to do because it terrifies

him,

> he hates to be alone and he just is so scared to be closed in

> anywhere. When he finally came out he came right to me and asked

for

> a hug because he said that would make him feel better. Of course

that

> made me feel 100% worse and I just broke down crying and apologized

> to him and kept saying that I wish he wasn't like this and I wish I

> could make it better.

>

> To top it all off is being a complete, well you know and he's

> home now and I'm glad he's home but I'm not. Does that make sense?

> We've been fighting alot lately and I don't know why, it feels like

> he just doesn't get me anymore. It bothers me that he doesn't want

to

> listen to how I feel. He tries to tell me that he's trying to learn

> more about MS which I know is a lie. I've been with him for more

than

> half my life, I know when he's lying to me. I'm a pretty good lie

> detector with most people. I tried to tell him this morning that it

> doesn't even have to do with learning about MS it has to do with

> learning how MS affects ME. It's how it makes me feel. He tells me

> that he asks me every day how I'm feeling. Well he's talking about

> the physical, I need him to support the emotional part of the MS.

He

> just doesn't get it. We've already had a fight this morning and he

of

> course thuned it around on me as usual, shift the blame, story of

his

> life. Well, he can shift the blame but he's only shifting it from

one

> of his shoulders to the next because I'm not taking it anymore. He

> was wrong and he knows it and that's why he's shifting the blame.

> He's going to the dr today himself to be tested for ADD so

hopefully

> he can get some answers and possibly some medicine to help him

there.

> I don't know if it will make a difference in what is going on

between

> us, I doubt it, but at least it will help him.

>

> I think I'm going to go back to bed now, even though I hate to do

it

> because it's beautiful outside, they're calling for record highs

> today, possibly 65!! My trees and flowers weill be all messed up

> again, my lilac tree on the side of the house already has buds on

it,

> HELLO, it's January!!!! Don't get me wrong I love the warm weather

> but they're calling for snow tomorrow. I hate NY weather. I know

Kate

> is with me on this!!!!

>

> I'm sorry this was so long, I've just been so frustrated and have

> only been on to basically read emails and junk. My New Years

> resolutions are not panning out too well. I'm supposed to be

happier

> this year. It's the 8th of January and I think I've cried every day

> so far. To top it off, my washing machine is croaking, the knob to

> set the washer is stripped so I have to turn it with a pair of

> hemostats, my vacuum is clogged(hopefully can fix that), and

I

> have blisters all over my hands from trying to get the toilet

> unclogged, that took 3 days, why I don't know. Tomorrow I am going

> out to lunch with a girlfriend. She is shocked that I'm actually

> venturing out and she won't take no for an answer now that I've

said

> yes. She'll hunt me down if I try to back out which is probably

good

> for me.

>

> I'll try to catch up with you all I promise. just made a

> comment about me being on the computer though and I told him I have

> to get support and compassion and understanding someplace. I also

> said if I wasn't on the computer he'd be on it and at least I'm

doing

> something productive, not just playing solitaire. I really think I

> should go back to bed. Better to keep my mouth shut today I think.

>

> Hugs to all,

> Peggy

>

>

>

>

>

>

> Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne.

~Quentin Crisp~

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

Peggy, I have step kids and when they are left alone with me, they are fine (usually) but when there dad is present even with me too they totally act differently and are little terrors. So, I believe your son is acting differently when your husband is home bcs he probably knows that your husband will put a stop to it and with you, he knows that he upsets you terribly and sometimes you probably have to try to ignore him and he gets what he wants when he pushes you too far. Kids know when and what they can get away with a certain person. Maybe you need to just take a time out and have your husband deal with him since you are having such a hard time with him. Hugs, :)Peggy wrote: Thanks Dana,I did just speak to his psychiatrist and he suggested we put him back on the Risperadol and call him again tomorrow night to talk more when he is at the office where he normally sees Zack so he has all his records.Of course the little pisser slept through the night last night because his father was home. I swear if I didn't know better the kid is just trying to make me think I'm crazy!!!!Hugs,Peggy>> Hi Peggy:> > I'm so sorry to learn of your difficult

situation with Zack. (Hm, that's the name of my nephew and he seems to have many of the same problems. He's taking at least one med for ADHD.) I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I hope some of these issues can be resolved soon.> > --> Mr. Dana F. Utz > utzdana@... > > https://home.comcast.net/~utzdana/> Peace, Love and Hugs, D. :)

Peggy~ I know that comment made hurt you. It would have made me angry as a hornet! Awww. He had to give up bowling because of you...poor baby. I guess he didn't stop to think of the things that MS made you give up, did he? It's bad enough to have someone rob you of your self esteem and try to make you the fault of all their ailments, then on top of it, have a disease that seems to gleefully rob you of every "little" physical thing that you once took for granted. I'd like to see some of those people have to live in our shoes for just one day. Just one day, and I'll bet they would be kissing our bo-hinies forever more. LOL I don't know...maybe is dealing with some internal issues, himself. I do know that when Tom is not taking his meds for anxiety and depression, he's not

a very pleasant person to be around. In fact, I try to NOT be around him as much as possible. And if he calls me to tell me that he's going to be late getting home from work, it's actually a relief to me knowing that I get to spent more time alone. Now, that sounds bad, doesn't it? The up side is, when he is taking his meds, I actually enjoy spending time with him. He's very loving, caring , compassionate, and quirky. Lifting you in prayer.. ValPeggy wrote: Thanks so much Val,You're right, it's so hard to explain MS to people who don't have it. Reading about it just doesn't cut it that's for sure. I sometimes wonder to how long it would take my family to notice I was gone if I disappeared in the middle of the day. does have ADD and was put on Straterra. We'll see how that goes. It's not going to help his miserable mood any. I don't know what's going to help that. I'm still angry at him for the comments from this morning. Just the fact that he said that I MADE him give up bowling and it was something that HE enjoyed. It made me feel like he WOULDN'T enjoy spending that time with ME trying to get back to being some sort of a couple again. Maybe we're past that, I don't know.Thank you for your prayers, I can use all the help I can get lately.Hugs,Peggy> Hi Everyone,> > Sorry I've been missing quite a few posts here in the past few days. > It's been a rough week or however long it's been sicne i posted. Not > so much with me really as with my son zack. He has ADHD and ODD and > it has really been coming through and his behavior lately has been > bad and taking every ounce of energy and strength i have plus what i > don't have to deal with him.> > first, let me tell you about my neuro appt. with the

new doc. He was > wonderful even though i only say him for about 15 minutes. Even his > nurse and he knew the dr. i was talking about and both rolled their > eyes when i said his name and agreed that he was a wacko, lol!!! He > told me that I do have new lesions although I didn't get a chance to > ask them where they were as I was basically standing in the middle of > the hall in a paper gown with my behind hanging out, not a pretty > site I'm sure! He said it was a relapse I had in November which we > basically already knew. He did say something interesting to me > though. That when i was taken off of Avonex tht i should have gone to > a higher interferon like Rebif before going to Copaxone and the > relapse may have not happened. Otherwise he says I am doing good. I > go back to see him in 3 months where i hope to be able to ask him the > questions i hoped to

ask him then. My appt. was so late in the day > that he was a little rushed. My next appt. is at 9 in the morning I > think.> > Now, about my awful time with Zack. I'm at my wits end with him. I > have come so close in the past week to physically hurting him and > feel like the worst Mother ever. He has just been taken off of > Risperadol which he was on for ODD and now takes half of a pill > of .25 mg of Zoloft in the morning for anxiety and depression. This > was based on the schools evaluation of him as we are going through > thr re evaluation process because his teacher suggested it. So now > he's been evaluated but they are not removing him from kindergarten > which is good but his behavior at home has been soooo bad I'm beside > myself.> > has been gone for about 4 days and Zack trashed the house > Friday night and I was on the 2nd day of a

migraine and my eyes were > hurting again and I was in bed waiting for alicia got home from work > and within about 10 minutes time of me not watching him my living > room was covered with all this little shredded paper from a basket I > got for my birhtday that I was letting the kitten sleep in. It wasn't > just in the living room but the whole house. I had to leave it, I was > so upset and exhausted as he's also been getting up at 2 and 3 in the > morning and not going back to sleep until 6 and then getting up at 9 > or ten, at least on the weekedn. Even yesterday I had to take him > into school because he was up at 3 am and we overselfp and he missed > the bus. It took me over and hour on saturday to vacuum the mess up > and then I turn around and vacuum the rest of the house and what > little stuff was left in the basket he threw around again.

GGGRRRR!!!> > At one time he even thought he was going to stand up to me and > gritted his teeth and stood up and had his fists clenched with his > arms down at his sides and wouldn't sit down like I told him to and > even when I stood over him(which is not by very much as I'm only > 4'9") the little snot wouldn't sit!!! All I could think was, "Oh no > he's not!!!!!" Now i'm wondering wht the heck am i going to do when > he is taller than me, which won't be long now, and stronger than me, > which he is now when he's in a rage. I finally had to put him in his > room and close the door which I hate to do because it terrifies him, > he hates to be alone and he just is so scared to be closed in > anywhere. When he finally came out he came right to me and asked for > a hug because he said that would make him feel better. Of course that > made me feel 100%

worse and I just broke down crying and apologized > to him and kept saying that I wish he wasn't like this and I wish I > could make it better.> > To top it all off is being a complete, well you know and he's > home now and I'm glad he's home but I'm not. Does that make sense? > We've been fighting alot lately and I don't know why, it feels like > he just doesn't get me anymore. It bothers me that he doesn't want to > listen to how I feel. He tries to tell me that he's trying to learn > more about MS which I know is a lie. I've been with him for more than > half my life, I know when he's lying to me. I'm a pretty good lie > detector with most people. I tried to tell him this morning that it > doesn't even have to do with learning about MS it has to do with > learning how MS affects ME. It's how it makes me feel. He tells me > that he asks me every day how I'm

feeling. Well he's talking about > the physical, I need him to support the emotional part of the MS. He > just doesn't get it. We've already had a fight this morning and he of > course thuned it around on me as usual, shift the blame, story of his > life. Well, he can shift the blame but he's only shifting it from one > of his shoulders to the next because I'm not taking it anymore. He > was wrong and he knows it and that's why he's shifting the blame. > He's going to the dr today himself to be tested for ADD so hopefully > he can get some answers and possibly some medicine to help him there. > I don't know if it will make a difference in what is going on between > us, I doubt it, but at least it will help him.> > I think I'm going to go back to bed now, even though I hate to do it > because it's beautiful outside, they're calling for record highs

> today, possibly 65!! My trees and flowers weill be all messed up > again, my lilac tree on the side of the house already has buds on it, > HELLO, it's January!!!! Don't get me wrong I love the warm weather > but they're calling for snow tomorrow. I hate NY weather. I know Kate > is with me on this!!!!> > I'm sorry this was so long, I've just been so frustrated and have > only been on to basically read emails and junk. My New Years > resolutions are not panning out too well. I'm supposed to be happier > this year. It's the 8th of January and I think I've cried every day > so far. To top it off, my washing machine is croaking, the knob to > set the washer is stripped so I have to turn it with a pair of > hemostats, my vacuum is clogged(hopefully can fix that), and I > have blisters all over my hands from trying to get the toilet > unclogged, that

took 3 days, why I don't know. Tomorrow I am going > out to lunch with a girlfriend. She is shocked that I'm actually > venturing out and she won't take no for an answer now that I've said > yes. She'll hunt me down if I try to back out which is probably good > for me.> > I'll try to catch up with you all I promise. just made a > comment about me being on the computer though and I told him I have > to get support and compassion and understanding someplace. I also > said if I wasn't on the computer he'd be on it and at least I'm doing > something productive, not just playing solitaire. I really think I > should go back to bed. Better to keep my mouth shut today I think.> > Hugs to all,> Peggy> > > > > > > Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~> >

---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.