RemedySpot.com

Re: Memory Problems

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ~ It's good to see you. I hope, other than your memory problem, you are doing well. I understand your concern. I've been having the same issue for almost 2 years now. I tell everyone I know that my memory is bad, so if they tell me something, don't count on me to remember it. In fact, if it's something important, they might want to remind me a few times. The good thing about that, is they feel pretty sure that I'm not going to blab their business around. I was talking to my father on the phone last weekend. He says I talk too fast. I told him I have to. If I don't talk fast, by the time I get to the end of the sentence, I will have forgotten what I was saying. And that's the truth. My memory issues have made me somewhat self-conscious, because it has also effected my

speech. Not too severely, but enough for me to feel awkward. I do play a lot of word games and do puzzles to try to exercise my mind. I find them a little tedious at times. I get frustrated because the answer will be so easy, but I've simply forgotten. The one good thing about having a bad memory is, when hubby asks me to do something for him, I usually do it right when he asks. He thinks I'm so efficient. LOL But, the truth is, if I put it off to do later, more than likely it won't get done. And sometimes I think he takes advantage of it. I don't mind though, he does more for me than I do for him. Whether or we get our memories back to normal, I don't know. That is a question I may ask my doctor....If I remember to. Loads of love.... Val wrote: Hello Everyone,I haven't posted in awhile but have something that is really bugging me and hope that I can get some feedback to help me. First, I hope the New Year is finding everyone doing good and optimistic of good things to come in 2008!!Okay, here's what is totally getting me.. my memory is totally failing me. I

can't remember things from 12 hours ago. I mean it's like a distant fog if I can remember it. It is especially effecting me at night. Like anything that happens after 6pm is gone! I can be emailing people and not remember it. I can talk to my husband/kids and not remember it the next day. I don't even take my night meds until way later (and they are the meds I've taken forever with no problem)so I don't think it's the meds.I know MS can effect memory - but to what degree???? I am starting to feel like the girl in the movie "50 First Dates". It is very depressing. Plus, I don't know if I can trust what I am doing at night. Help!! D.Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.