<<

>>

I have a question, what type of pain did you have in your feet?? Did you see

a Dr. for it? I have just recently just found out I have calcium deposits in

the tendents of my right foot, it is very painful if I forget my

anti-inflammatortys.. JULES..

Toni,

You go, Girl! I've got less weight to lose than you, but I think we're all

working just as hard. I'm very grateful to have found this list.

Hi all

I have been on the atkins diet for 9 days I have lost 10 pds so far. I

feel very good. I have lost all the pain in my feet . This is worth it

just to stay on this diet for this. This will be a way of life for me .

I have 120 Pds to loose and I know it is going to be slow , that there

will be set backs , but I will continue plug along. I didt put this

weight on overnight , so I know it wont come off over night.

I have found that I can be very creative with what I eat. Some of the

things I lke to make are :

egg pancakes. I Take grated yellow squash 1/2 cup and put it in a small

frying pan. I cook it slightly with butter. I then add a egg that i have

beaten, and I let this cook I sprinkle parasan cheese on top. then I

put it on a plate and put cool whip on top . The cool whip melts and

makes it taste sweet.

Lots of water I drink!!!!!!! Cold water hurts my teeth so I drink with a

straw. This helps drink it faster so I have to refill my cup lots.

I am looking forward to meeting you all.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

Toni IN Utah

http://home.talkcity.com/LibraryDr/thetwurp/index.html

---------------------------

• 8 years later...

I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis

tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to

fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of

those " you look so good " I was married the first time for 20 years. I

think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I

then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4

years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but

we found another Doc,who we think will.

I just found out that Dr, Kaufman ,never left the university of

Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the 27th of

Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see

his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to

switch my neuro tho.

Bruce

Hi Bruce:So you have had MS for at least 25 years. When were you diagnosed? I was on LDN for over a year and did very well on it. I had to go off because I needed to take pain pills again briefly. I don't know why I haven't started back on the LDN. I have a new bottle waiting in my pill drawer for me when I decide to take it again. I think I'm waiting to see if I feel a decline but that seems really silly now that I think about it. :) When I started on LDN I had severe nocturnal leg pain among other problems. Within a month I could feel a difference in my pain level. I am now almost pain free as far as the nocturnal leg pain/spasms go.Are you on any of the CRAB-T drugs?Sharon This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Hi all

I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis

tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to

fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of

those "you look so good" I was married the first time for 20 years. I

think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I

then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4

years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but

we found another Doc,who we think will.

I just found out that Dr, Kaufman ,never left the university of

Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the 27th of

Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see

his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to

switch my neuro tho.

Bruce

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Hi Bruce! I'm Val, 47, dx'd 20+ years ago. Glad to see you with us. That is so cool, you meeting someone in another group and becoming an item. My thoughts and prayers are with you both. I am currently not being treated for the MS. Too many complications with lack of money, not enough insurance, and not qualifying for assistance. I've never tried the LDN. I have brought the subject up to my neuro though. I got a disgusted look and a head shake from him. When you go see Dr. Kaufman, I'd be interested in knowing what you found out. Love and blessings... Val wrote: I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of those "you look so good" I was married the first time for 20 years. I think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4 years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but we found another Doc,who we think will.I just found out that Dr, Kaufman ,never

left the university of Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the 27th of Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to switch my neuro tho.BruceLove and blessings... Val <*)))>< Euphemisms are unpleasant truths wearing diplomatic cologne. ~Quentin Crisp~

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Welcome aboard, Bruce! This is one busy group, and we

each cope with our own version of our Multiple Surprises in

our own way. Whatever works. I was diagnosed in 1956

(this is not a contest), and am hanging in here with our

crowd. I hope you find our group to be just what you are

looking for.

We are always sorry to hear of another person having MS,

but on the other hand, if you must have it, we are glad that

you found us.

Just dive right in; the water is always fine here.

Cheers!

n Rojas, 70, great-grandmother, grandmother,

mother, widow and sometimes I just type out loud. . .

>

>

>

>

> I was diagnosed june 82. I first tried Avonex,but hated the flu lie

> symptoms. I have been on Copaxone ever since.

> Hi all

>

>

>

> I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis

> tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to

> fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of

> those " you look so good " I was married the first time for 20 years. I

> think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I

> then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4

> years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but

> we found another Doc,who we think will.

> I just found out that Dr, Kaufman ,never left the university of

> Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the 27th of

> Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see

> his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to

> switch my neuro tho.

> Bruce

>

>

>

> ________________________________

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it

> now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

hi again challis,i also have children spaced 18 years apart. what a challenge, esp. with the ms.annetteSmyelin groovy wrote: Welcome aboard, Bruce!! :o) I'm Challis... I have no dx yet, but I do have a

Mother with her MS dx (she's Sharon, our loving leader). I have had one weenie Neuro and now a Neuro who seems to listen. I have had symptoms since 1996? I also have one husband. Not only because it's illegal to have more, but I just think one is enough. I didn't care much for the first one I had, so I traded him in. My husband's name is . I also have four children... , 21 as of February 7th; , 17½; Jenna, 8 all too soon; and Maya, 4½. :o) It's nice to meet you! :o) Challis Hi all I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of those "you look so good" I was married the first time for 20 years. I think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4 years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but we found another Doc,who we think will.I just found out that Dr,

Kaufman ,never left the university of Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the 27th of Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to switch my neuro tho.Bruce Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Hi Annette,

I noticed your and Lily (can't remember if I have the spelling right for her name) had a few years between them. :o)

It's been a bit different raising the girls than it was the boys. It wasn't that many years between, but I can feel the difference in age. Though maybe it isn't all age? Maybe I should consider this Mystery Syndrome I'm not yet dx'd with, eh?

BTW, I was diagnosed by my first Neuro. It's Breastfeeding Syndrome. Several of us here have it. So, if you ever had breasts, male or female, you are at risk.

LOL No, of course he didn't say "Breastfeeding Syndome", but upon realizing I was nursing my youngest at the time he pegged all my symptoms on that. Never mind the symptoms began between my second and third child (who were nine years apart), or that I've not been breastfeeding for a while now and my lips ar still numb... and never mind it's the biggest mess of horsepooey... LOLOL

Hugs,

Challis

Hi all

I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of those "you look so good" I was married the first time for 20 years. I think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4 years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but we found another Doc,who we think will.I just found out that Dr, Kaufman ,never left the university of Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the 27th of Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to switch my neuro tho.Bruce

Yes Annette. I too have breastfeeding syndrome. LOL. Dumb doctor. Smyelin groovy wrote: Hi Annette, I noticed your and Lily (can't remember if I have the spelling right for her name) had a few years between them. :o) It's been a bit different raising the girls than it was the boys. It wasn't that many years between, but I can feel the difference in age. Though maybe it isn't all age? Maybe I should consider this Mystery Syndrome I'm not yet dx'd with, eh? BTW, I was diagnosed by my first Neuro. It's Breastfeeding Syndrome. Several of us here have it. So, if you ever had breasts, male or female, you are at risk. LOL No, of course he didn't say "Breastfeeding Syndome", but upon realizing I was nursing my youngest at the time he pegged all my symptoms on that. Never mind the symptoms began between my second and third child (who were nine years apart), or that I've not been breastfeeding for a while now and my lips ar still numb... and never mind it's the biggest mess of horsepooey... LOLOL Hugs, Challis Hi all I am new here. I have had ms for at least 25 yrs. I was a hemodialysis tech for 23 yrs. After 23 years I had to go on disability due to fatigue and cognitive problems. Other then that, I am one of those "you look so good" I was married the first time for 20 years. I think the marriage got hurt when the MS started taking its toll. I then met a woman in another MS group,and we have been together for 4 years. We are both considering LDN. Our N euro won't prescribe it,but we found another Doc,who we think will.I just found out that Dr, Kaufman ,never left the university of Toledo and he was on the LDN list. He is giving a talk on the

27th of Feb. on The Latest Updates in Multiple Sclerosis. We am going to see his talk and then maybe talk to him about it. Not sure if I want to switch my neuro tho.Bruce Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search. Be a better friend,

newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. Blessings, Trista 'When fascism comes it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross'... (Sinclair )

hi challis,yeah, i guess my math about the difference in ages wasn't that great, i just meant between the oldest and the youngest. my children are unusual only because (sorry, can't get the color right!) i didn't have any in between. after lily was born i had a major attack, with fatigue being the worst and not being able to care a bit about the house, dinner, taking lily out or fussing over her, etc. at first i thought it was post-partum depression, but as the years went by, i realized i was really sick. in november of 2003 my eyes went really blurry, a symptom i was having more and more. in december i couldn't pee right, in january i started hurting with my first sign of spasticity, and then the tinglies on my entire

right side and the left side going completely numb in the spring of 04. so, by using my merk medical handbook i knew i probably had ms before the doctors did! i needed to see two neuros before i finally started being treated. I "failed" the spinal, evoked potentials, the brain mri (at first) and it was only when we did a spinal mri that there was objective "proof" of the disease. thank god my second neuro just did his job and actually acted like a doctor by using his training and experience to go by my SYMPTOMS. i believe that is the old-fashioned and time-honored method for diagnosing illnesses. doctors are too dependent on tests nowadays, and if you get a really lousy doctor, he/she will blame your symptoms on anxiety, breastfeeding (what the hell?), being bipolar (like me), being a crazy, hysterical female, witches, whatever. it would be funny if they (doctors, not witches, i know some and they are the nicest people) didn't just

about destroy people's lives. i think being in limbo and being told i had an anxiety disorder by my first neuro made me feel the most helpless i have ever felt. i was terrified that no one would take care of me, i was hurting, and i knew i wasn't that crazy. my sense of self was actually affected, and to this day i hate that woman for her snotty, cavalier attitude. she has a horrible reputation and her waiting room is always crammed like the worst welfare clinic in the country. i never did follow up on the complaint i was going to make to the ama and whoever else would listen. this is tulsa, and the doctors stick together, so i am afraid to make too much of a stink.anyway, my ordeal till i was dxed only lasted a couple of months. i literally cannot imagine being in limbo for years like so many of us are. the medical system has a lot to answer for here, it's outrageous.sorry for the long post, i guess it just needed to

come out!hugs and hugs,annetteSmyelin groovy wrote: Hi Annette, I noticed your and Lily (can't remember if I have the spelling right for her name) had a few years between them. :o) It's been a bit different raising the girls than it was the boys. It wasn't that many years between, but I can feel the difference in age. Though maybe it isn't all age? Maybe I should consider this Mystery Syndrome I'm not yet dx'd with, eh? BTW, I was diagnosed by my first Neuro. It's Breastfeeding Syndrome. Several of us here have it. So, if you ever had breasts, male or female, you are at risk. LOL No, of course he didn't say "Breastfeeding Syndome", but upon realizing I was nursing my youngest at

the time he pegged all my symptoms on that. Never mind the symptoms began between my second and third child (who were nine years apart), or that I've not been breastfeeding for a while now and my lips ar still numb... and never mind it's the biggest mess of horsepooey... LOLOL Hugs, Challis -

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.