RemedySpot.com

Re: Rapid heart beat

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For any of you who have atrial fibrillation (rapid heart beat) - it is caused because the cells believe that if they have more oxygen they can more easily create energy. Therefore the heart decides to beat faster to send more oxygen to the cells. I was on digoxin which is supposed to slow and strengthen the heart beat, but couldnt' even get it to therapeutic level in my system and it didn't do anything. My heart rate ran in the 120's and 130's.

I was started on Coreg, with amazing results. My heart rate consistently runs 80 now, and it did improve my shortness of breath.

Carolyn

For any of you who have atrial fibrillation (rapid heart beat) - it is caused because the cells believe that if they have more oxygen they can more easily create energy. Therefore the heart decides to beat faster to send more oxygen to the cells. I was on digoxin which is supposed to slow and strengthen the heart beat, but couldnt' even get it to therapeutic level in my system and it didn't do anything. My heart rate ran in the 120's and 130's.I was started on Coreg, with amazing results. My heart rate consistently runs 80 now, and it did improve my shortness of breath.Carolyn Carolyn, Thanks for the explanation. I take a small amount of atenolol (beta blocker) to help keep my heart under control. What I'm wondering is if Coreg is also a beta blocker; and do you feel that it slows you down in any way? Thanks, B

Hi Carolyn,

Thanks for the info. Like , you have my curiosity as to whether Coreg is a beta blocker. My daughter is also on Atenolo (very small dose--half of a 25mg tablet.) We're going with such a small dose because I feel that it can aggravate the mottling she has in her arms and legs, from time to time. Her cardiologist was wondering if the lose dose was making in difference in her care, so we tried her off of it for awhile and found that the heart rate did start to race again. Recently, because of changes in her quality of health, I've noticed that her heart rate is not as relaxed (low) as it has been when she is asleep. So, I'm wondering if this Coreg might be a choice I can possibly ask her cardiologist about (in the future, since the Atenolol does aggravate the mottling and a higher dose may present problems.) Sooo, my point is, is the Coreg a beta blocker and have you had any problems with mottling in the past and does it seem to have any affect on the mottling??

For any of you who have atrial fibrillation (rapid heart beat) - it is caused because the cells believe that if they have more oxygen they can more easily create energy. Therefore the heart decides to beat faster to send more oxygen to the cells. I was on digoxin which is supposed to slow and strengthen the heart beat, but couldnt' even get it to therapeutic level in my system and it didn't do anything. My heart rate ran in the 120's and 130's.I was started on Coreg, with amazing results. My heart rate consistently runs 80 now, and it did improve my shortness of breath.Carolyn

Carolyn,

Thanks for the explanation. I take a small amount of atenolol (beta blocker) to help keep my heart under control. What I'm wondering is if Coreg is also a beta blocker; and do you feel that it slows you down in any way?

Thanks,

BMedical advice, information, opinions, data and statements contained herein are not necessarily those of the list moderators. The author of this e mail is entirely responsible for its content. List members are reminded of their responsibility to evaluate the content of the postings and consult with their physicians regarding changes in their own treatment.

Boy Do I Need Some Sleep---I meant to say "Her cardiologist was wondering if the low dose was making any difference in her care"

For any of you who have atrial fibrillation (rapid heart beat) - it is caused because the cells believe that if they have more oxygen they can more easily create energy. Therefore the heart decides to beat faster to send more oxygen to the cells. I was on digoxin which is supposed to slow and strengthen the heart beat, but couldnt' even get it to therapeutic level in my system and it didn't do anything. My heart rate ran in the 120's and 130's.I was started on Coreg, with amazing results. My heart rate consistently runs 80 now, and it did improve my shortness of breath.Carolyn

Carolyn,

Thanks for the explanation. I take a small amount of atenolol (beta blocker) to help keep my heart under control. What I'm wondering is if Coreg is also a beta blocker; and do you feel that it slows you down in any way?

Thanks,

BMedical advice, information, opinions, data and statements contained herein are not necessarily those of the list moderators. The author of this e mail is entirely responsible for its content. List members are reminded of their responsibility to evaluate the content of the postings and consult with their physicians regarding changes in their own treatment.

Carolyn,

Is coreg some sort of BP med? I also have atrial fib and paroxymal

supraventricular tachycardia, and the palpatations and shortness of breath.

My heart rate usually is around 125. My BP though ranges from low to high. I

havent been able to take many meds to help all this, was on verapamil,

norvasc and one other to try and help but they all either made my bp plument

or my migraines get worse. I'm due to see a new cardiologist soon so am

hoping to try something new. Dr did put me on nitroglycerin hoping to help

with angina and possibly some other stuff but i dont like how it makes me

feel. I'm having alot of probs with shortness of breath and palps now, so

hoping to find something soon. Just was wondering what the coreg is? Glad it

helps you.

take care,

adrienne

Adrienn,

I also have complex migraines and high BP...at last check it was

138/96...my doctor had me on Norvasc for migraines, it also acts as a

blood thinner...he increased it to see if it would help with the BP,

I'll let you know if it works, it might help you.

-jennifer di pietro

(21 Mito)

> Carolyn,

> Is coreg some sort of BP med? I also have atrial fib and paroxymal

> supraventricular tachycardia, and the palpatations and shortness of

breath.

> My heart rate usually is around 125. My BP though ranges from low

to high. I

> havent been able to take many meds to help all this, was on

verapamil,

> norvasc and one other to try and help but they all either made my

bp plument

> or my migraines get worse. I'm due to see a new cardiologist soon

so am

> hoping to try something new. Dr did put me on nitroglycerin hoping

to help

> with angina and possibly some other stuff but i dont like how it

makes me

> feel. I'm having alot of probs with shortness of breath and palps

now, so

> hoping to find something soon. Just was wondering what the coreg

is? Glad it

> helps you.

> take care,

> adrienne

I have tried norvasc and it was one of the meds that made my bp drop really

low- went down to 90/52 on and the dr didnt like that specially since i felt

really faint. My dad takes univasc and wants me to try it cuz it cleared up

his high bp and sinus like migraines. Its an ace inhibitor, which i have

tried, ive only tried beta blockers and calcium channel blockers. I hope you

dont have any probs witht he norvasc and it helps with both the BP and

complex migraines. My cardiologist doesnt think i cant take most bp meds cuz

my bp ranges from very high to slightly low. Says any bp med would risk my bp

bottoming out. Good luck with the norvasc.

take care,

adrienne