RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Urge to binge

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Thanks, that is very comforting. I'll pray for you also. By the way, have you read Thin Within?

Alana

-------------- Original message --------------

Thanks for letting me know that we're in this together. I'll pray forthe Lord to help you in this, too.>> Thanks for reminding me of this . I've been having the samefight with the Hershey's Mint Kisses - they remind me of Andes Mints.I'll take a few (5 or so) and be perfectly satisfied, but want more.I feel like they are calling my name. They are just so creamy andmelt in your mouth kind of good. Normally I don't like Hershey'skisses anymore, most of them are too sweet, but these are sooooo good.I needed to be reminded to listen to my body and not my head and thatI can fight this-especially if I call for help from the Man Upstairs.> > --> Alana > > -------------- Original message -------------- > From: "julieca84" <julieca8

4@...> > I hate that feeling. Where you just want to eat everything in sight.> This morning I woke up and I was quite hungry. Something sweet sounded> good. I was also craving something nourishing and filling, too. I ate> half of a cookie. That satisfied my sweet tooth, but I was still> hungry. I knew I wanted a nice bowl of cereal w/milk. That would fill> me up nicely. So I had that and now I am fine.> > However, as soon as I ate that cookie I had the urge to binge on all> the other cookies. I was able to fight the urge to binge, and listen> to my body instead of my head.> > I just hate when that happens. It can be really hard to fight. I> noticed, though, that the urge to binge will go away if I do choose to> fight it. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I> just need to rely on Him and He'll give me an out.> > Thanks for listening. Just

needed to get my thoughts out.>

This has been very helpful for me to read. I often don't trust that the binge feeling will go away. Good reminders!!

Re: Urge to binge

The hardest thing for me is to accept the fact that the urge to bingewill go away. I sometimes like to think that it won't and that willbe my excuse to eat rather than deal with the anxiety that comes withthe urge to binge. However, I am slowly coming to accept that thosebad feelings do go away, and in the end I do wind up feeling betterhaving dealt with the emotions than I do if I binge. Congrats on giving yourself what you wanted and refraining frombinging at the same time. It's hard to do both!>> I hate that feeling. Where you just want to eat everything in sight.> This morning I woke up and I was quite hungry. Something sweet sounded> good. I was also craving something nourishing and filling, too. I ate> half of a cookie. That satisfied my sweet tooth, but I was still> hungry. I knew I wanted a nice bowl of cereal w/milk. That would fill> me up nicely. So I had that and now I am fine.> > However, as soon as I ate that cookie I had the urge to binge on all> the other cookies. I was able to fight the urge to binge, and listen> to my body instead of my head.> > I just hate when that happens. It can be really hard to fight. I> noticed, though, that the urge to binge will go away if I do choose to> fight it. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I> just need to rely on Him and He'll give me an out.> > Thanks for listening. Just needed to get my thoughts out.>

No, I haven't read Weigh Down. I picked up thin Within about a month ago. I just finished Intuitive Eating, and wanted to take a break from some of this deep stuff. I'm currently just enjoying a good novel. Thin Within is next on my list followed by some of Geneen Roth's books.

--Alana

Thanks, prayers are certainly appreciated! I have not read Thin Withinsince it's not at my library..is it worth ordering? I read GwenShamblin book, Weigh Down, and I agreed with a lot of what she said,but some of her beliefs made me a bit leery. Have you read Weigh Down?What did you think? Is it much different from Thin Within?->> Thanks, that is very comforting. I'll pray for you also. By theway, have you read Thin Within?> > Alana

I don't know if it's alright to bring up this subject but I wanted to say how glad I am to see that there are other Christians in this group. Makes me think "Okay, so maybe God IS listening to me....maybe this group is what I've been praying for". :)

Thanks for letting me know that we're in this together. I'll pray forthe Lord to help you in this, too.>> Thanks for reminding me of this . I've been having the samefight with the Hershey's Mint Kisses - they remind me of Andes Mints.I'll take a few (5 or so) and be perfectly satisfied, but want more.I feel like they are calling my name. They are just so creamy andmelt in your mouth kind of good. Normally I don't like Hershey'skisses anymore, most of them are too sweet, but these are sooooo good.I needed to be reminded to listen to my body and not my head and thatI can fight this-especially if I call for help from the Man Upstairs.> > --> Alana >

> ------------ -- Original message ------------ -- > From: "julieca84" <julieca84@. ..> > I hate that feeling. Where you just want to eat everything in sight.> This morning I woke up and I was quite hungry. Something sweet sounded> good. I was also craving something nourishing and filling, too. I ate> half of a cookie. That satisfied my sweet tooth, but I was still> hungry. I knew I wanted a nice bowl of cereal w/milk. That would fill> me up nicely. So I had that and now I am fine.> > However, as soon as I ate that cookie I had the urge to binge on all> the other cookies. I was able to fight the urge to binge, and listen> to my body instead of my head.> > I just hate when that happens. It can be really hard to fight. I> noticed, though, that the urge to binge will go away if I do choose to> fight it. I can do all things through Christ

who strengthens me. I> just need to rely on Him and He'll give me an out.> > Thanks for listening. Just needed to get my thoughts out.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Count me in as a Christian ! This "way" of eating is I am certain an answer to many prayers...

Thanks for letting me know that we're in this together. I'll pray forthe Lord to help you in this, too.>> Thanks for reminding me of this . I've been having the samefight with the Hershey's Mint Kisses - they remind me of Andes Mints.I'll take a few (5 or so) and be perfectly satisfied, but want more.I feel like they are calling my name. They are just so creamy andmelt in your mouth kind of good. Normally I don't like Hershey'skisses anymore, most of them are too sweet, but these are sooooo good.I needed to be reminded to listen to my body and not my head and thatI can fight this-especially if I call for help from the Man Upstairs.> > --> Alana > > ------------ -- Original message ------------ -- > From: "julieca84" <julieca84@. ..> > I hate that feeling. Where you just want to eat everything in sight.> This morning I woke up and I was quite hungry. Something sweet sounded> good. I was also craving something nourishing and filling, too. I ate> half of a cookie. That satisfied my sweet tooth, but I was still> hungry. I knew I wanted a nice bowl of cereal w/milk. That would fill> me up nicely. So I had that and now I am fine.> > However, as soon as I ate that cookie I had the urge to binge on all> the other cookies. I was able to fight the urge to binge, and listen> to my body instead of my head.> > I just hate when that happens. It can be really hard to fight. I> noticed, though, that the urge to binge will go away if I do choose to> fight it. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I> just need to rely on Him and He'll give me an out.> > Thanks for listening. Just needed to get my thoughts out.>

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Thank you, :)

,God is definitely listening to your prayers. Learning to eatintuitively has been an answer to my prayers. I still strugglesometimes, but God is good and His grace gets me through it.Remember 2 Corinthians 12:9, the Lord says, "My grace is sufficientfor you. My power is made perfect in weakness." How much grace willGod give you to get through your trials? ENOUGH! :)Another verse that's really helped says "Seek ye first the kingdom ofGod and his righteousness; and all these things will be added to you".If God has the first place in our lives the other stuff will fall intoplace. But if God's not first, no other priorities are in the rightplace either. I pray that these verses will encourage you and others as well. God'sword will not return void.Love,>> I don't know if it's alright to bring up this subject but I wantedto say how glad I am to see that there are other Christians in thisgroup. Makes me think "Okay, so maybe God IS listening to me....maybethis group is what I've been praying for". :)>

Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

I have read ThinWithin & I found it a great book. I

got more of the intuitive eating from it than from the

other books that I read. I have heard a lot about

Weigh Down & I am a bit leery. But ThinWithin doesn't

press you to believe in the authors beliefs. They

send you to the bible to look up scriptures.

--- julieca84 wrote:

> Thanks, prayers are certainly appreciated! I have

> not read Thin Within

> since it's not at my library..is it worth ordering?

> I read Gwen

> Shamblin book, Weigh Down, and I agreed with a lot

> of what she said,

> but some of her beliefs made me a bit leery. Have

> you read Weigh Down?

> What did you think? Is it much different from Thin

> Within?

>

> -

>

>

> >

> > Thanks, that is very comforting. I'll pray for

> you also. By the

> way, have you read Thin Within?

> >

> > Alana

>

>

>

>

Lea

I am me and I am okay.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Lea, Thanks for the info on ThinWithin. Any particularly relevant scriptures that you remember? Any bits of wisdom you'd like to share? I'm really curious about the book...I just don't wanna spend money on it right now. :)Lea P wrote: I have read ThinWithin & I found it a great book. I got more of the intuitive eating from it than from the other books that I read. I have heard a lot about Weigh Down & I am a bit leery. But ThinWithin doesn't press you to believe in the authors beliefs. They send you to

the bible to look up scriptures. --- julieca84 <julieca84> wrote: > Thanks, prayers are certainly appreciated! I have > not read Thin Within > since it's not at my library..is it worth ordering? > I read Gwen > Shamblin book, Weigh Down, and I agreed with a lot > of what she said, > but some of her beliefs made me a bit leery. Have > you read Weigh Down? > What did you think? Is it much different from Thin > Within? > > - > > > > > > Thanks, that is very comforting. I'll pray for > you also. By the > way, have you read Thin Within? > > > > Alana > > >

> Lea I am me and I am okay. __________________________________________________________ Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

, check your your local library, or a used book store, or I got mine, a used hard back for like $5 through Amazon.

--Alana

Lea, Thanks for the info on ThinWithin. Any particularly relevant scriptures that you remember? Any bits of wisdom you'd like to share? I'm really curious about the book...I just don't wanna spend money on it right now. :)Lea P <pianolady30> wrote:

I have read ThinWithin & I found it a great book. Igot more of the intuitive eating from it than from theother books that I read. I have heard a lot aboutWeigh Down & I am a bit leery. But ThinWithin doesn'tpress you to believe in the authors beliefs. Theysend you to the bible to look up scriptures.--- julieca84 <julieca84> wrote:> Thanks, prayers are certainly appreciated! I have> not read Thin Within> since it's not at my library..is it worth ordering?> I read Gwen> Shamblin book, Weigh Down, and I agreed with a lot> of what she said,> but some of her beliefs made me a bit leery. Have> you read Weigh Down?> What did you think? Is it much different from Thin> Within?> > -> > > >> > Thanks, that is very comforting. I'll pray for> you also. By the> way, have you read Thin Within?> > > > Alana > > > > LeaI am me and I am okay.__________________________________________________________Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now. http://mobile.yahoo.com/;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer. I have fallen

behind on my email & am struggling to catch back up.

I don't remember any particular scriptures. Most of

the information was similar to Intuitive Eating. I

really liked the charts that they used. They

encouraged journaling, but in a different way. The

hunger chart was based on hunger scale only. They

gave direction on what to journal about as you read

through each chapter. One chapter had you write a

letter saying goodbye to food. I also wrote a letter

to people/things that had caused me pain (never

mailed). It really helped though. Maybe you can find

a used copy to buy. The book is almost more of a

workbook, but I didn't write in mine. Maybe you can

find one someone else didn't write in. Also, they

have a website. You can get more information there.

The website is www.thinwithin.org.

--- julie a wrote:

> Lea, Thanks for the info on ThinWithin. Any

> particularly relevant scriptures that you remember?

> Any bits of wisdom you'd like to share? I'm really

> curious about the book...I just don't wanna spend

> money on it right now. :)

>

>

> Lea P wrote:

> I have read ThinWithin & I found it a

> great book. I

> got more of the intuitive eating from it than from

> the

> other books that I read. I have heard a lot about

> Weigh Down & I am a bit leery. But ThinWithin

> doesn't

> press you to believe in the authors beliefs. They

> send you to the bible to look up scriptures.

>

> --- julieca84 wrote:

>

> > Thanks, prayers are certainly appreciated! I have

> > not read Thin Within

> > since it's not at my library..is it worth

> ordering?

> > I read Gwen

> > Shamblin book, Weigh Down, and I agreed with a

> lot

> > of what she said,

> > but some of her beliefs made me a bit leery. Have

> > you read Weigh Down?

> > What did you think? Is it much different from

> Thin

> > Within?

> >

> > -

> >

> >

> > >

> > > Thanks, that is very comforting. I'll pray for

> > you also. By the

> > way, have you read Thin Within?

> > >

> > > Alana

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

> Lea

>

> I am me and I am okay.

>

>

>

> Be a better friend, newshound, and

> know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

Lea

I am me and I am okay.

________________________________________________________________________________\

____

Be a better friend, newshound, and

know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.