> MILKSHAKES CHEESEBURGERS!!! " I ask " Wouldn't you like a nice salad? "

> It says " No, don't argue and make with the saturated fat and sugar. "

> I want to take care of my body and give it what it wants but my mind

> feels like it's going berzerk and taking over. I want to make peace

> with food but it's hard when I am trying to take care of my body. I

> don't want to be diabetic and I am, in fact, very uncomfortable with

> my weight. I've accepted myself as being fat, but I just don't feel

> physically comfortable. My clothes fit me, but I still feel like a

> sausage when I wear anything but stretchy pants and big t-shirts. Ugh.

> Does anyone else have this problem with balancing making peace with

> food with taking care of your body?

>

Absolutely! But I have found that the more I fight the urge for those so called "bad" foods the more I want them. If you allow yourself to have them in moderation I find that the urges to have them lessons and I do want more and more "healthier" foods.

--Alana

-------------- Original message --------------

I have a problem. I don't think my mind and body are on speaking terms. My body says, "WATER WATER WATER" and then I drink water. But it doesn't say anything else. My mind says, "CHIPS COOKIES SONIC MILKSHAKES CHEESEBURGERS!!!" I ask "Wouldn't you like a nice salad?" It says "No, don't argue and make with the saturated fat and sugar." I want to take care of my body and give it what it wants but my mind feels like it's going berzerk and taking over. I want to make peace with food but it's hard when I am trying to take care of my body. I don't want to be diabetic and I am, in fact, very uncomfortable with my weight. I've accepted myself as being fat, but I just don't feel physically comfortable. My clothes fit me, but I still feel like a sausage when I wear anything but stretchy pants and big t-shirts. Ugh. Does anyone else have this problem with balancing making peace with food with taking care of your body?

Definitely agree with Alana! Potato chips and I have had quite a few dinner dates lately. They have been a huge no-no food for me. Today, I ate about 5, decided they tasted greasy and I put them away...baby steps, baby steps.

wow, I thought I was the only one at this party right now! I have had quite an affair with the chips over the past 3-4 weeks, beginning to wean off now!

Sue on FritzSearching for family everywhere!God Bless Our Troops!Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Definitely agree with Alana! Potato chips and I have had quite a few dinner dates lately. They have been a huge no-no food for me. Today, I ate about 5, decided they tasted greasy and I put them away...baby steps, baby steps.

Re: Mind and body not on speaking terms

Absolutely! But I have found that the more I fight the urge for those so called "bad" foods the more I want them. If you allow yourself to have them in moderation I find that the urges to have them lessons and I do want more and more "healthier" foods.

--Alana

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "jonesstephanie23" <stephaniejones99hotmail>

I have a problem. I don't think my mind and body are on speaking terms. My body says, "WATER WATER WATER" and then I drink water. But it doesn't say anything else. My mind says, "CHIPS COOKIES SONIC MILKSHAKES CHEESEBURGERS!!!" I ask "Wouldn't you like a nice salad?" It says "No, don't argue and make with the saturated fat and sugar." I want to take care of my body and give it what it wants but my mind feels like it's going berzerk and taking over. I want to make peace with food but it's hard when I am trying to take care of my body. I don't want to be diabetic and I am, in fact, very uncomfortable with my weight. I've accepted myself as being fat, but I just don't feel physically comfortable. My clothes fit me, but I still feel like a sausage when I wear anything but stretchy pants and big t-shirts. Ugh. Does anyone else have this problem with balancing making peace with food with taking care of your body?

But I have found that the more I fight the urge for those so called "bad" foods the more I want them.

I agree with this completely, and I also find that when I start to do that I'm falling back into my diet mentality. I have to neutralize foods like potato chips or they still have a hold on me. If that means I have to eat 10 bags of chips until I REALLY get that I can have them anytime and that they have no more power than an apple, well so be it. In the long run I'm doing myself a favour!

-- Re: Mind and body not on speaking terms

<Gasp!> My potato chips have been cheating on me?!?!?! We've been

involved in a passionate affair for a couple of months now, although

I haven't been calling him quite as often. I guess he's found other

people to spend time with,lol!

>

>

>

> In a message dated 1/14/2008 12:17:57 PM Central Standard Time,

> rbeache@... writes:

>

> Definitely agree with Alana! Potato chips and I have had quite a

few dinner

> dates lately. They have been a huge no-no food for me. Today, I ate

about 5,

> decided they tasted greasy and I put them away...baby steps, baby

steps.

>

>

> wow, I thought I was the only one at this party right now! I have

had quite

> an affair with the chips over the past 3-4 weeks, beginning to wean

off now!

>

>

> Sue on Fritz

> Searching for family everywhere!

> God Bless Our Troops!

>

>

>

> **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in

shape.

> http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?

NCID=aolcmp00300000002489

>

Oh yes, Mr. Potato Chip is here in his many outfits!

Re: Mind and body not on speaking terms

<Gasp!> My potato chips have been cheating on me?!?!?! We've been involved in a passionate affair for a couple of months now, although I haven't been calling him quite as often. I guess he's found other people to spend time with,lol!>> > > > > Definitely agree with Alana! Potato chips and I have had quite a few dinner > dates lately. They have been a huge no-no food for me. Today, I ate about 5, > decided they tasted greasy and I put them away...baby steps, baby steps. > > > wow, I thought I was the only one at this party right now! I have had quite > an affair with the chips over the past 3-4 weeks, beginning to wean off now!> > > Sue on Fritz> Searching for family everywhere!> God Bless Our Troops!> > > > **************Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape. > http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aolcmp00300000002489>

I guess I was always aware of my non-monogomous relations with mr.

potato chip. And also Ben and Jerry. Oh, and let us not forget Ms.

's apple pie. My problem is I can't commit.