RemedySpot.com

RE: Re: Sunday checkin and my new ideas

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hah hah, only if it made your heart race from anxiety :)

I actually discovered when I was trying to lose weight (post twins, my thyroid took a nose-dive), that I LOVE the feeling of being fit. I used to be able to burn 1000 calories in just over an hour on the arc-trainer and elliptical trainer. Right now it fels awful, but I KNOW I will love it once I get some cardiovascular and muscle fitness back... also I used to have terrible back pain and sciatica from scoliosis and if I get too out of shape it comes back ... I know the signs and I am way too close to the edge of THAT cliff!

I know it sounds kinda weird, but I really don't like group aerobics classes - I 'd rather just put on my headphones and zone out. I love going to Tae Kwon Do, though, I guess it's because we're always learning something new. I'm strange that way - I just love learning, I guess that's why I'm working on a PhD and a black belt at the same time! Lordy, I sound like such a "type A" personality!!! The downside is that I have a terrible time relaxing without getting depressed. I'm working on cutting back on my drinking- I've gotten into the habit of a couple of drinks every night to "wind down", and even though my liver enzymes are fine, I know it's not that good for me... it would be much better to meditate or something!

Can we trade a little of my motivation for some of your calmness??? LOL

hugs

Mikki

-----Original Message-----From: IntuitiveEating_Support [mailto:IntuitiveEating_Support ]On Behalf Of KatchaSent: Sunday, January 06, 2008 3:15 PMTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Subject: Re: Sunday checkin and my new ideas

Wow Mikki, I nearly wore out just reading all your activity! Thinkthat burned some calories for me too?!? LOL! LOL! LOL! Whatever makes you feel good in your body is what is best for you todo. The thought of such a 'driven' (my word) exercise isn't appealingto me. Heck I would rather see a resistive pulley assembly built intothe refrigerator door to help be 'work out' more - LOL!!! Or maybe Ineed to do more Push-Aways from the table?!? You can see that my attitude towards exercise is not as open as yours,but the joke is one me in that I am (slowly!) working up to Pilates tocounteract my back/leg/sciatica/whatever that is plaguing me. Theexercise gods are chuckling :) :) Hope you had a wonderful sweat out :) - ehugs, Katcha>> Hi everyone :) Today I hauled all the kids to the gym and did 222-minute segments for a total of 350 calories burned on theelliptical trainer. I don't think I'm fit enough to do the intenseintervals that I used to do, but I change up the tempo and cross-rampevery few minutes and do "mini-intervals" of getting my heart rate upto the 140's then letting it drop back to the 120's.> After reading some of the free Prevention and Fitness mags that havebeen piling up around my house (you know, finally decluttering themLOL), I've decided to incorporate these strategies into my eating thisweek (and my husband will join me, as he also gained 10 lbs in thelast few months):> 1. eat one serving of mono-unsaturated fats/oils at each meal(almonds, olive oil or olives, dark chocolate) - this is supposed toencourage your body to preferentially burn the internal belly fat thatis so dangerous to your health. You still have to eat fewer caloriesto lose weight, but this targets the belly fat.> 2. exercise in 2 segments with a 20 minute break in between. I'veread in several places that this is supposed to be a much moreefficient kick to your metabolism than one long workout.> Also my goal is to do 4 workouts this week - I did 3 last week andam trying to gradually increase frequency, length, and intensity :)> Everyone have a great week!> Mikki>