RemedySpot.com

Re: Weight Watchers- new member

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi everyone I'm Lyn 29 and a new member. I joined last week but haven't posted yet. The first couple of posts I saw had to do with cooking - doing stuff at home from scratch - and although I think that is AWESOME it just doesn't work for me personally. I don't like to cook really much less anything straight from scratch so my first impression of this group was that I probably wasn't going to fit in and it wasn't what I was looking for. I opened this email digest specifically to scan it one more time to see if I should leave the group in search of something else and found this excellent description of intuitive eating. I saw a little bit on the internet about it which is why I joined, it sounded like just what I need but I didn't know much about how it worked or why. This post makes alot of sense, not to diet just ask yourself why we eat the way we do and listen to what our bodies want, so simple but so hard for some of

us. Anyway just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread it helped me get a different perspective on what this group is about as well as what just might work for me. I hope to learn much more about this over the next couple of weeks.

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile. Try it now.

Welcome Lyn. Glad you gave the posts a second look-see. Sorry to

mislead you about the cooking-from-scratch posts, we can wander all

over the 'food' topic sphere, you just caught us in the kitchen! I

think you will find that we are all pretty much serious about changing

our eating patterns back to what our bodies were intended to eat like.

Just post your little old heart and mind out and believe me you will

touch a cord with people here. Its wonderful to find you aren't alone

in efforts as well as discovering some great ideas too.

Best to you - Katcha

>

> Hi everyone I'm Lyn 29 and a new member. I joined last week but

haven't posted yet. The first couple of posts I saw had to do with

cooking - doing stuff at home from scratch - and although I think that

is AWESOME it just doesn't work for me personally. I don't like to

cook really much less anything straight from scratch so my first

impression of this group was that I probably wasn't going to fit in

and it wasn't what I was looking for. I opened this email digest

specifically to scan it one more time to see if I should leave the

group in search of something else and found this excellent description

of intuitive eating. I saw a little bit on the internet about it

which is why I joined, it sounded like just what I need but I didn't

know much about how it worked or why. This post makes alot of sense,

not to diet just ask yourself why we eat the way we do and listen to

what our bodies want, so simple but so hard for some of us.

>

> Anyway just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread it

helped me get a different perspective on what this group is about as

well as what just might work for me. I hope to learn much more about

this over the next couple of weeks.

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.

Try it now.

>

Hi. You said

> The first couple of posts I saw had to do with cooking - doing

stuff at home from scratch - and although I think that is AWESOME it

just doesn't work for me personally. I don't like to cook really much

less anything straight from scratch so my first impression of this

group was that I probably wasn't going to fit in and it wasn't what I

was looking for.

I promise there is room for you here. There are a lot of folks on

this list who LOVE to cook. And I like to read their posts because I

WISH I liked to cook. There are also a lot of folks who eat out a

lot, who eat a lot of junk food, who are still bingeing a lot (on

homemade stuff or not) and trying to move past that. Most of the

posts are not about cooking. Lots of them are not even about specific

foods. But here's the good thing: we are all striving to get to the

point where food is food. Homemade, from scratch, organic, sugary,

whole, raw, clean, " junk " , purple, brown, green--we are all trying to

get so that we NEVER feel guilty, no matter what food item we eat. I

hope that makes sense.

I like scanning through the digests because it helps me keep intuitive

eating principles in my brain on a daily basis. I also like posting

because you always get a good variety of VERY SANE and supportive

responses.

Hope you like it here, too.

Ann

Hi Lyn!

Welcome to the group! I'm glad you stuck it out a bit and found what you were looking for. You never know what topics are going to come up, but if you have something you want to discuss, just jump in and let us know. As you can see, we have lots of people here with tons of knowledge and experience at all different places in the IE journey.

By the way - I barely cook myself, much to my husband's displeasure. :) It's just not my thing. I would love to like to cook but I've accepted it and we eat a lot of very easy meals, when we eat meals. Some nights it's basically putting together a bunch of stuff on a plate that we find in the cupboard or fridge. It works for me!

Thanks!GillianGillian Hood-son, MS, ACSMHealthier OutcomesIt's not just about losing weight! Want to eat your favorite foods without gaining weight? Get your copy of our fr*e special report, "6 Simple Steps to Guilt Free Eating" by visiting http://www.healthieroutcomes.com

From: IntuitiveEating_Support [mailto:IntuitiveEating_Support ] On Behalf Of Lyn KelleySent: Friday, January 18, 2008 6:22 PMTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Subject: Re: Weight Watchers- new member

Hi everyone I'm Lyn 29 and a new member. I joined last week but haven't posted yet. The first couple of posts I saw had to do with cooking - doing stuff at home from scratch - and although I think that is AWESOME it just doesn't work for me personally. I don't like to cook really much less anything straight from scratch so my first impression of this group was that I probably wasn't going to fit in and it wasn't what I was looking for. I opened this email digest specifically to scan it one more time to see if I should leave the group in search of something else and found this excellent description of intuitive eating. I saw a little bit on the internet about it which is why I joined, it sounded like just what I need but I didn't know much about how it worked or why. This post makes alot of sense, not to diet just ask yourself why we eat the way we do and listen to what our bodies want, so simple but so hard for some of us.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread it helped me get a different perspective on what this group is about as well as what just might work for me. I hope to learn much more about this over the next couple of weeks.

Welcome! I'm glad to have you here and I hope you do find this group helpful in your recovery. Please let us know anytime you need some support or just to vent.

Thanks!GillianGillian Hood-son, MS, ACSMHealthier OutcomesIt's not just about losing weight! Want to eat your favorite foods without gaining weight? Get your copy of our fr*e special report, "6 Simple Steps to Guilt Free Eating" by visiting http://www.healthieroutcomes.com

From: IntuitiveEating_Support [mailto:IntuitiveEating_Support ] On Behalf Of Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:22 AMTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Subject: Re: Re: Weight Watchers- new member

Hi Lyn, I too am a new member. I am 36, and discover 3 weeks ago (with the aid of a therapist) that I am bulimic, have been for about 12 years. I am glad to have found this site, I think it will help me with my recovery.

On Jan 18, 2008 8:22 PM, Lyn Kelley <hidenseek24> wrote:

Hi everyone I'm Lyn 29 and a new member. I joined last week but haven't posted yet. The first couple of posts I saw had to do with cooking - doing stuff at home from scratch - and although I think that is AWESOME it just doesn't work for me personally. I don't like to cook really much less anything straight from scratch so my first impression of this group was that I probably wasn't going to fit in and it wasn't what I was looking for. I opened this email digest specifically to scan it one more time to see if I should leave the group in search of something else and found this excellent description of intuitive eating. I saw a little bit on the internet about it which is why I joined, it sounded like just what I need but I didn't know much about how it worked or why. This post makes alot of sense, not to diet just ask yourself why we eat the way we do and listen to what our bodies want, so simple but so hard for some of us.

Anyway just wanted to say thanks for starting this thread it helped me get a different perspective on what this group is about as well as what just might work for me. I hope to learn much more about this over the next couple of weeks.

Can I vent now? :)

The last 2 nights I have binged, and I cannot figure out why, but right now I'm not feeling too good about myself. I implemented IE 3 weeks ago and was doing great, and now I fear I'm back to my old ways. Any advice?

Welcome! I'm glad to have you here and I hope you do find this group helpful in your recovery. Please let us know anytime you need some support or just to vent.

Thanks!GillianGillian Hood-son, MS, ACSMHealthier OutcomesIt's not just about losing weight!

Want to eat your favorite foods without gaining weight? Get your copy of our fr*e special report, " 6 Simple Steps to Guilt Free Eating " by visiting

http://www.healthieroutcomes.com

IntuitiveEating_Support ] On Behalf Of Sent: Saturday, January 19, 2008 8:22 AM To: IntuitiveEating_Support Subject: Re: Re: Weight Watchers- new member

Hi Lyn, I too am a new member. I am 36, and discover 3 weeks ago (with the aid of a therapist) that I am bulimic, have been for about 12 years. I am glad to have found this site, I think it will help me with my recovery.

Michele, I picture the IE 'journey' as one that goes UP to heights of

lovely vistas and DOWN thru the valley of the diet demons (lol!).

Remember IE is not a diet where immediate results are the hallmark of

'success' and that making positive changes does take time. If you can,

be kind to yourself - thinking of binging as a learning experience and

probably quite a normal reaction to this new freedom of eating. We

have both the desire to change and the mistrust of that same change

built right into us. And our trust of ourselves has definitely been

questioned by all those who would benefit from our being 'directed' as

well as by our own selves too.

Hug and tell yourself you are doing the BEST you can at this moment.

Improvement can and will come. Katcha

>

> Can I vent now? :)

> The last 2 nights I have binged, and I cannot figure out why, but

right now

> I'm not feeling too good about myself. I implemented IE 3 weeks ago

and was

> doing great, and now I fear I'm back to my old ways. Any advice?

>

>

3 weeks? I've been doing it 2 years and I still struggle. LOL! Look

at it this way.. how old are you? I'm 38 and I've had messed up

views on body and diet since I was probably oh 8 years old or so. I

am trying to undo THIRTY YEARS of diet/body image thinking. It's not

going to happen over night, or in 3 weeks or even in 3 years. I would

hope to think within the next year though, I will be on much more

solid ground with all this.

Good luck ! :)

>

> I implemented IE 3 weeks ago and was

> doing great, and now I fear I'm back to my old ways. Any advice?

>

>

>

I'm 36- right there with you!

But that makes me feel a bit better. I'm not alone.

3 weeks? I've been doing it 2 years and I still struggle. LOL! Lookat it this way.. how old are you? I'm 38 and I've had messed upviews on body and diet since I was probably oh 8 years old or so. I

am trying to undo THIRTY YEARS of diet/body image thinking. It's notgoing to happen over night, or in 3 weeks or even in 3 years. I wouldhope to think within the next year though, I will be on much more

solid ground with all this.Good luck ! :) >

> I implemented IE 3 weeks ago and was> doing great, and now I fear I'm back to my old ways. Any advice?> > >

You've gotten some great advice and feedback to your vent. And feel free to vent more when you need to. There isn't much more I can add, I will just repeat that it is very normal to go back and forth and up and down. The authors of Intuitive Eating describe the IE process like the stock market - you have ups and downs, but over time it just gets better and easier. It's been my experience that as I went along, I continued to go back to binging, but the duration of the binge got shorter and shorter. Now, it's been I think about 8 years, it's hard for me to binge when I want to. It doesn't feel good, and I rarely eat past full. So keep going, it gets better and like Katcha said, every time you binge or even just overeat, it's a learning experience. You can't grow and progress with IE without continuously learning about yourself.

You're going to be just fine, what you are describing is very common.

From: IntuitiveEating_Support [mailto:IntuitiveEating_Support ] On Behalf Of Sent: Monday, January 21, 2008 12:39 PMTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Subject: Re: Re: Weight Watchers- new member

I'm 36- right there with you!

But that makes me feel a bit better. I'm not alone.

On Jan 21, 2008 12:59 PM, ruralmom3 <cassieb3rivers (DOT) net> wrote:

3 weeks? I've been doing it 2 years and I still struggle. LOL! Lookat it this way.. how old are you? I'm 38 and I've had messed upviews on body and diet since I was probably oh 8 years old or so. I am trying to undo THIRTY YEARS of diet/body image thinking. It's notgoing to happen over night, or in 3 weeks or even in 3 years. I wouldhope to think within the next year though, I will be on much moresolid ground with all this.Good luck ! :) >

> I implemented IE 3 weeks ago and was> doing great, and now I fear I'm back to my old ways. Any advice?> > >