RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: After lunch munchies

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I don't know about you guys, but I am ACTUALLY hungry in the afternoon around 3-4 pm. Seems to be a pretty common thing in other cultures-siesta, afternoon tea, etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Re: After lunch "munchies"

I too get hungry around early afternoon. What I have come to realizeis that is because whatever I've eaten before then didn't have enough'hold' power (protein/fats) to carry me thru to the time I did want toeat [dinner]. Are you eating a substantial breakfast and hoping thatwill hold you until dinner? Are you eating a 'lighter' lunch (salad,fruit etc.)? Either way you will probably have digested and usedwhatever you ate by early after noon. You may want to try something(sandwich?) with protein/fat (meat/cheese) in it to see if that helpsyou get thru that time period. IE can be fun as well as informative -just let yourself experiment and see what works for you. There is also the 'pre-programed' problem of associating a time withan event. My afternoon 'snack' desire could be because I used to eatsomething (usually fruit) when I came home from school. This wouldtide me over until dinner (5PM). Barring that, could it be that youreally DO need something at that time? If so, bring a snack to eatthen - carbs will generally only last about an hour-ish for you, whilefat/protein can hold 3-4 hours (if you eat more than a nibble of thesethat is). Again, experiment and find what works for you. Hey, you AREhungry, why not eat?Best to you - Katcha>> Hi all,> > I have enjoyed reading the posts. I have a dilemma, I have > successfully (I feel) have got over the "diet issues". I have lost > and gained a couple of people of my life, lol. However, I will be > fine until around 2ish...then the snack attack starts. I can keep > busy at work but around 4:30-5 when I come home HELP! Does anyone > have any suggestions? Thanks.> > Rick>

Yes, because lunch is typically noon, 3 or 4 is common for hunger- normally we get hunger every 3 hours or so, if we are eating intuitively.

I don't know about you guys, but I am ACTUALLY hungry in the afternoon around 3-4 pm. Seems to be a pretty common thing in other cultures-siesta, afternoon tea, etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Re: After lunch " munchies "

I too get hungry around early afternoon. What I have come to realizeis that is because whatever I've eaten before then didn't have enough'hold' power (protein/fats) to carry me thru to the time I did want to

eat [dinner]. Are you eating a substantial breakfast and hoping thatwill hold you until dinner? Are you eating a 'lighter' lunch (salad,fruit etc.)? Either way you will probably have digested and used

whatever you ate by early after noon. You may want to try something(sandwich?) with protein/fat (meat/cheese) in it to see if that helpsyou get thru that time period. IE can be fun as well as informative -just let yourself experiment and see what works for you. There is also the 'pre-programed' problem of associating a time withan event. My afternoon 'snack' desire could be because I used to eatsomething (usually fruit) when I came home from school. This would

tide me over until dinner (5PM). Barring that, could it be that youreally DO need something at that time? If so, bring a snack to eatthen - carbs will generally only last about an hour-ish for you, whilefat/protein can hold 3-4 hours (if you eat more than a nibble of these

that is). Again, experiment and find what works for you. Hey, you AREhungry, why not eat?Best to you - Katcha>> Hi all,> > I have enjoyed reading the posts. I have a dilemma, I have > successfully (I feel) have got over the " diet issues " . I have lost > and gained a couple of people of my life, lol. However, I will be > fine until around 2ish...then the snack attack starts. I can keep > busy at work but around 4:30-5 when I come home HELP! Does anyone > have any suggestions? Thanks.> > Rick>