RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: I weighed myself...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I say go out and buy those jeans!! I bought some new jeans right before Christmas and it's so nice not to have my waistband digging into my belly constantly! I always used to wait to lose weight before I would buy new clothes. Or I would buy them smaller than I needed so they would fit me someday. Since starting IE though I buy clothes that fit me right now! It's a great feeling to have clothes that fit you and make you feel good!abouttwodays wrote: That's great! We tend to think the worst and

beat ourselves up overnothing. It's odd though, I weighed myself the other day and though Iwas higher than I'd like to be, I actually went to bed that nightthinking "I really don't NEED to lose any more weight, I kind of likemy body the way it is" and surprisingly enough, I haven't changed thatmindset yet! I think that by gaining the weight and becoming morecomfortable around food I have learned that there is so much more tolife than what the scale says. After all, I am a living, breathing,loving human being, not just a number. I was holding off on buyingnew jeans that I desperately need, but I kept thinking "I'll waitanother month to see what size I fit into then" but I'm now thinking"I don't need to change my size, I need new jeans now." So I'mplanning on doing a little bit of shopping for a little bit of alarger size of jeans. I can't get the calorie counting out of myhead, but at least IE is having SOME sort of

impact!>> I have been adamantly choosing to not weigh myself as I feared it would > send me spiraling into diet mentality. This morning after a weekend of > camping (which included not so intuitive drinking and eating) I woke up > and decided to weigh myself. I almost croaked when I saw that I was up > 6 lbs. Eeeek! > First thought: "Oh my Gosh I have to diet right now!!!"> Second thought: "Hmmm, how has my intuitive eating and living been > going?" When I looked at it that way I realized that, lately, there > have been many times where I have not been living nor eating in a very > intuitive manner. I have the 'allowing all foods' down pat but, to be > honest, I have been obstinately eating whenever I want without regard

> to hunger nor have I been paying attention to my body signals and taste > factor when I am eating. It is like my form of rebellion against IE. > Silly that I am rebelling against a non-restrictive, non-diet.> Has anyone found themselves doing similar things, if so do you have any > ideas on how to work through this rebellion? Have any of you found any > steps that help or is it just something I need to be aware of and > slowly work through.> Thank you and enjoy the day!>

Be smarter than spam. See how smart SpamGuard is at giving junk email the boot with the All-new Yahoo! Mail

I totally agree. Waistbands digging in are no fun whatsoever. At least you could buy just one pair if that would make you feel better about it. Kipkabob wrote: I say go out and buy those jeans!! I bought some new jeans right before Christmas and it's so nice not to have my waistband digging into my belly constantly! I always used to wait to lose weight before I would buy new clothes. Or I would buy them smaller than I needed so they would fit me

someday. Since starting IE though I buy clothes that fit me right now! It's a great feeling to have clothes that fit you and make you feel good! .

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

OMG I am going through the same thing!! In FACT, I was dumb enough to go out and buy some stupid diet pills - sure enough they reduced my hunger and I lost 2 lbs in a week, but by the end of the week my blood pressure was through the roof, I couldn't sleep more than 30 min at a time and I was anxious and depressed. I'm still de-toxing from that stupid move!!! In fact, I'm still EATING from my descent into "diet mentality".

Today I was going to break free of my apathy - drop DS5 off at his birthday party at PumpItUp (a party place full of moon-bounce structures), take the twins to the gym and do a great, refreshing workout. Well, Braedon freaked out at the noise and activity and buried his head in my armpit and wouldn't come out, I tried to show him the structures but when I tried to leave he just stood in the doorway with his face all crumpled up, all the other parents were going "awwwww poor baby" and what could I do? So we leave - of coure, freaked out because he COULDN'T stay, then Nate freaked out because we were going home instead of the gym and I had 3 hysterical boys in the car. So instead of a nice vigorous workout, I'm home feeling grumpy and out of sorts, with a whisky in one hand and stirring the fried kielbasa with the other :)

But you know what? I came and checked out today's posts, and decided that I really need to just be gentle with myself, I KNOW that I'm "de-toxing" from those dumb pills, it WILL pass, and bowing gracefully to the inevitable will make a more pleasant evening for both me AND my family!

So here's to whisky, sausage, and mashed potatoes!!!

:)

Mikki

-------------- Original message --------------

I freaked out and weighed myself recently too. I have gained a little weight, and I seriously considered dieting again. Then I remembered the last time I did this, last fall, after getting into Intuitive Eating during the summer. Do you know what happened? I GAINED WEIGHT. Yes, I dieted a few days, but in exchange I ate like food wouldn't exist tomorrow, and put on weight instead of losing it.Instead, I've made a decision to add more fruit to my diet, and make an effort to drink more water. I refuse to "take anything away", but I CAN ADD healthy things without feeling deprived. The rebelious child in me throws a fit every time I try to remove any food from my diet, so I just won't!! Isn't that one thing everyone agrees on, that we should make small changes, that the little stuff actually does count? I know my personal trap is trying to be "perfect" in my diet, and if I can't be that then I'll be the opposite of perfect. Wel

l, I'm not perfect, I never will be, but I can try to make little changes that don't affect my psyche.I also wish there were Intutive Eating support groups here in Colorado where I live. I'd LOVE to meet with like minded people....