RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: just being Lazy/Procrastinating

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For me, my laziness comes from the fact that I watched my Mom be an absolute clean freak - probably borderline obsessive compulsive. Interestingly, she has relaxed over the years and I don't think she is as bad as she used to be. But I can remember her keeping me awake at like 2:00 in the morning doing her housecleaning and then she would get back up around 5 or 6:00am to get ready for work. And then she was an absolute bitch because she was so tired. And, we never did anything on the weekends - all she wanted to do was take naps on the weekends. When I bacame an adult, I refused to be like her. While I can tolerate clutter and such up to a certain point and then I have to clean/organize, but I totally am in rebellion to being anything like my Mom was. Thus, I'm a bit lazy and would much rather lay around reading or watching a good movie or the Food Network. Is this a flaw? I don't know. I would like to think that I d

on't have the stress levels my Mom put on herself and I don't think I'm as bitchy to my son, so hopefully it's a good thing.

--Alana

-------------- Original message --------------

I am so THERE with all of you couch potatoes and procrastinators. I feel like it's a major flaw with me and it's very frustrating. I wish I had more "get up and go". I wonder sometimes if it's partly habit from when I was too tired to do much because of undiagnosed/untreated hypothyroidism, and dysthymia (a type of depression). I also don't get enough sleep. I tend to stay up really late --- I don't know why-- again, maybe habit. I will take a nap at the drop of a hat, but for some reason I can't get myself to go to bed at a reasonable time. Blah!~Jen S.---