RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Panera Bread

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I love Panera but there isn't one in my town I only get to eat it when I go to Florida to visit my sister or she comes home to visit and brings me some bread which she did this Christmas she brought my favorite sunflower seed bread from there. I enjoyed it with tuna on it. I agree Alana panera makes better sandwiches then I can make so does quiznos which I can't have anymore because our quiznos closed so now I can only eat quiznos when I go visit my brother in Washington State . Panera also has a great fruit salad that I love and eat when I go visit my sister in Florida. EvaStart the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

Mmmmm! There is a Panera Bread just down the street from where I work. May have to check that out. Sounds yummy! I know when I had an impacted wisdom tooth out and I couldn't eat much solid food, I went to Panera Bread for some of their Creamy Broccoli soup in a bread bowl. It was so good! I also really like their sandwiches. While I agree with Katcha on most sandwich shops in that I usually can make one cheaper and better, Panera can make it better than I can!

--Alana

-------------- Original message --------------

On the calories issue....As I write this at my desk this morning I'm sitting here eating my breakfast, an Egg Souffle thingee from Panera Bread. These areMARVELOUSLY delicious, and I indulge myself onone about once a month. But I'm sitting here thinking about the calorie discussion from yesterday and remembering that when the Panerafirst opened here in my home town just a fewmonths ago, I was talking to my younger sisterabout these egg things and she just went OFFfor a few moments about how absolutely WONDERFULthey were - she was making love to the memoryof that eating experience (!) - but then sheended it with a note about how she had immediately gotten online to find Panera's web site and find out how many calories and howmuch fat were in these things. Now.... call me crazy... but exactly WHY wouldyou feel the need to do that? If it's somethingyou discovered that you REALLY enjoy, something

you know you're not going to go eat one every day kind of thing but will tremendously enjoy as an occasional treat, why would you RUIN it foryourself by going and exploring the calorie countand fat count? Now, on a side note, she's my sister who went on Topomax about a year ago for migraines and developedfull-on anorexia as a result (it's actually a notuncommon side effect) - and she doesn't eat ANYTHINGwithout first examining the fat content - but STILL.This is just a snapshot of how we make ourselves crazy over food. The funny thing is (funny as in "tragic") that in my family this sister is seen as the one who DOESN'Thave a problem with food! She's the "virtuous" onewho licked the family weight problem - and I'm theinsane one who "gave up" and turned to Intuitive Eating. The world has truly gone mad.....Ooops, got crumbs on the keyboard - dang, this thingis good!!! :D

/DIV>