RemedySpot.com

JOB VACANCY - TRAINING PROGRAMME MANAGER - I-TECH INDIA PROJECT

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I-TECH INDIA PROJECT

Training Programme Manager

Position Description: The Training Programme Manager is a full-time position based in Chennai, India. The Training Programme Manager will lead the Health Communication Team (HCT) and oversee the development and revision of training programmes and training curricula (facilitator’s guides, participant manuals, and PowerPoint slide sets) and other educational materials. This position will collaborate with I-TECH staff to develop processes and systems for

the curriculum development process to support I-TECH Programme Standards. The position will also coordinate the work of content experts and consultants, and will ensure consistency, timeliness and high standards in those efforts. The work of the Training Program Manager will report to the Director -Programmes.

Job responsibilities:

Support ongoing curriculum development and training implementation projects as requested

Collaborate with and develop processes for working with content experts and working groups to create effective training products

· Work directly with HCT Lead in headquarter office (long-distance and in person) to develop curricula using the “I-TECH standards†and expectations around materials development

· Contribute to the development of HCT team systems, policies, documents and approaches

· Train I-TECH staff and partners in training programmes and curriculum development standards and activities

Train HCT staff on document production and oversee the process in terms of curriculum development and product finalization

· Coordinate local clinical and international review of curricula as required in collaboration with Medical Director and Nurse Director

Review and edit curriculum products to ensure consistency and usability

Participate in the pilot testing and revision process

Assist M & E Officer in developing an evaluation plan for existing I-TECH India curricula and a timeline for revising and updating existing training curricula

Develop and draft proposals for training programme design and roll-out

Identify HIV conferences in India and work with Team members to develop and submit abstracts

Develop non-clinical training calendar to be conducted quarterly for partners (e.g., training skills, curriculum development). Conduct trainings where relevant

Work with HCT Program Assistant to develop a quarterly newsletter, with a focus on updates as well as capacity building updates/tips for the field

Work with M & E Officer to develop M & E framework for programmes to assure integration of quality improvement approaches into I-TECH’s training efforts.

Participate in partner meetings as requested.

Essential functions and duties:

Programme/Project Management: 35%

The Training Program Manager will manage all communication with clients, consultants, partners and other I-TECH staff involved in curriculum and educational materials projects. This may include writing of monthly reports, writing consultant contracts, and developing project plans and monitoring project activities in line with the allowable budget. The position will train, mentor, and oversee the health communication team staff in the development, piloting, and revision of curricula and other health communication materials.

Training Programme Proposal/Development: 20%

Meet with key stakeholders. Work with Team members to develop comprehensive curriculum development proposals with available staff and financial resources. Develop comprehensive roll-out plans of training programmes (e.g., how will the curricula products be USED in the field most effectively and efficiently?).

Curriculum and Product Development: 20%

The Training Programme Manager will develop and adapt curricula, training materials and training tools in support of country-specific project objectives.

Materials Review: 15%

The Training Programme Manager will be responsible for reviewing and editing curricula and other training documents in preparation for publication and dissemination. Material development may include a quarterly newsletter, success stories, and abstracts/conference presentations of I-TECH projects.

Other Project Duties, as assigned: 10%

The Training Programme Manager will be expected to represent the local office at annual Health Communication Team Summits and other local and/or international events as requested.

Requirements:

· A Master’s degree in public health, health education, education, or a related field, or equivalent experience AND at least 3 years work experience designing, developing, and editing professional-level training materials for adults in international healthcare settings

· Strong training skills, utilizing adult learning principles

· Ability to pull together diverse stakeholders to reach consensus on programme deliverables

· Experience in managing projects, including regular client communication, budget management, and team coordination

· Works effectively in guiding a team through the curriculum development process

· Experience with international health-related topics, issues and challenges, especially related to work in developing country settings

· Strong knowledge of health education and HIV/AIDS treatment and care

· Exceptional organizational and planning skills

· Exceptional skill with Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint, and competency in Excel

· Exceptional writing and editing skills in English

· Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills

Ability to respond effectively to urgent requests, must be comfortable and capable of working independently

Experience in training adults in the area of HIV care and treatment, reproductive health, and/or sexually transmitted diseases strongly desired. Experience in training of trainers (TOT)

Experience with working in team settings, preferably in an international capacity; experience with the evaluation of health education/training, preferably in an international context; strong initiative, and a commitment to building personal and organizational capacity

Fluency in English and knowledge of at least one Indian language (preferably S. Indian language) required

Travel within India of approximately 3 days/month, as needed

Lead Responsibilities:

The Training Program Manager will be the lead staff person in India related to all curriculum development activities.

Supervisory Responsibilities:

The Training Program Manager will supervise a Curriculum Developer and a programme assistant and oversee the work of external consultants like content experts, editors, film-makers etc.

Interested candidates are requested to send their resume along with cover letter to info@... addressed to Ms. Jasmine B Rajan, Senior Office Manager, on or before 31st October 2008.Send free SMS to your Friends on Mobile from your Messenger. Download Now! http://messenger./download.php