really care for it. It's too rich for me. Weird, huh. I've been given a

tongue lashing from everyone I tell that to. :) Oh! Almost forgot... When

I was 12years old, I entered a coloring contest Ted Drewes had and I won

first place. It was $50.00 worth of their stuff. When you buy a cone here

and there, it really lasts! :)

Take care,

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

Ice Cream is huge for me. I have it almost every evening. There have been a few nights where I could care less wether I had any or not, but they are few and far between. I just keep allowing myself to have some. I've said it before, I know I relate ice cream to love I felt with my Dad when I would go to his house on the weekends (ice cream was pretty much forbidden by my mother) and he and I would make really yummy sundaes. I keep wondering if there will come a day when I really am sick of the stuff and never want it very often, but for now, I enjoy a bowl of vanilla with chocolate and caramel drizzled on top. I just love the coldness and creaminess! Yummmmm!

--Alana

-------------- Original message --------------

smartypants0141 wrote:> This weekend we had ice cream in the freezer. Now normally this is a big no-no for me > because it is a huge trigger food for my binging and purging cycle and I try to avoid having it in there as much as possible. I bypassed the "wolf pack" menatality by setting aside a portion for myself in a separate container in the freezer so that I could relax in the feeling that it was there if I wanted it. This way I knew that it was there when I was ready for it, I didn't have to hork it all down like the opportunity for ice cream would never come again ;) When I really felt like having some, I did and you know what? I realized that I don't think I even LIKE ice cream all that much! After years of being afraid to have it lurking in my freezer! It left a nasty after-taste in my mouth and upset my stomach a little bit. It's like coming to the realization that the big, terrrifying monster that I've been trying to hide from all these years was really a t

iny, furry muppet that I can flick away like it was nothing! ;) Hahahahaha!>> Wow. That is a great epiphany! Ice cream used to be my own demon. My love affair w/ it has fallen apart for various reasons - allergic to pecans (butter pecan used to be my fav), switched to decaf (leaves out all coffee varieties), and a bit of snobbery with regards to freshness, texture, etc. We tend to go to Cold Stone when it's ice cream time, but the last time it was so sweet I had to give it to DH - even he said mine was too sweet. I want to savor a flavor, not 'sweet'.Congrats! smartypants is a monster-slayer!F