RemedySpot.com

people at work

Rate this topic

Guest guest

We have 3 people at work who have had Gastric by-pass (in various forms) in the past 3 years (one 3 years ago, 1 a year ago, and 1 last month). It has been really interesting watching them go through their journey. I believe that you are supposed to need to lose 100+ pounds to be eligible for it, so fortunately it isn't something that I have needed to consider (I have 30-40# that I would like to let go of) and I am not making any kind of judgment whatsoever on those that choose to have it done. What my comment is here, is that I have learned much from them in terms of their struggle.

Anyway, what I wanted to share is that last week one of the friends was talking about how much protein she is required to eat. She said that if she doesn't get her protein in, she wanders around looking to snack, but sees a real difference if she gets the protein in. So for the past couple of days, I have experimented with that, trying to get about 20g. of protein in with each meal, and it has helped. I was initially very resistant, because I don't ever want to go back to "counting" etc. Then I figured out that a cup of skim milk with each meal gives me 8g of protein (for each cup), so it is easy to get in another 8-12 grams with each meal (low-fat cottage cheese, oatmeal, meat, etc.). Anyway, the "bagel with peanut butter" suggestion made me think about sharing this! Same idea!

Also, I have been working at IE for 5 months now, and today I finally threw out all of my old Weight Watcher materials. It is quite an accomplishment...I was aware for a long time that I wasn't quite ready to let them go, but I am DONE!!!

Sue Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.