RemedySpot.com

Re: My friend, Edna, age 72, who has MS

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Beautiful day you two had! Thank Edna for 'electing' to be forthright and push you to give usdetails about your Marco Polo excursion! She sounds as though she is healingquite well and getting around wonderfully. I think it is grand you 2 have oneanother to 'lean on'--when you are MSsed up and otherwise!Thank you for this terrific post, n. Love to you both, Kate My friend, Edna, age 72, who has MSTo: MSersLife > Edna asked me this morning whether I had told the group about> our latest "jaunt," in Marco Polo, her first since her hip replace> ment (right) on Election Day. Edna tells me that she "elected"> to have her "elective" surgery on "election" day.> > Well, I had to admit that I had failed to report on our latest> excusrion in Marco Polo, as the list had not been very ac> tive, and we have been concerned about some of our mem> bers facing some very serious and life-altering challenges:> Kate, Akiba, Jolie, and so many others of us.> > So, I just got off the phone from talking to Edna, and she > asked me whether I had posted yet to "our group." Edna> does not use a computer, is somewhat dysgraphic, and> has severe arthritis in all joints, hands included. Soooo,> I agreed to post about our last adventure.> > Well, last Sunday, at Edna's request--she was actually> walking to prove to me that she could get to and from> restrooms during our "day away from it all," and was> using her walker and/or cane very well--we departed> for Point Reyes (Kings Point) Peninsula and the Tomales> Point Tule Elk Reserve.> > We observed many, many vultures, wild turkeys, ravens,> red-tailed hawks, falcons (many varieties), black-tailed> deer (Hooray!), the usual social and friendly cattle, more> varieties of birds: black-shouldered kites, burrowing owls,> Canada Geese, and, as luck would have it, hundreds of> Tule Elk, adult bulls, cows, juveniles, and even babies.> And tourists. We stopped to look at some of the elk,> and a car filled with, as we learned, tourists from India,> asked for directions to the Tule Elk Reserve. We had> the pleasure of informing them that they had landed in> it and pointed out the Tule Elk! We also saw what are> called "pocket gophers," who just burrow tunnels and> essentially live in them; they are minuscule versions of> the ordinary gophers, and are very assertive--the Elk> and the Deer do steer clear of them.> > So, we had a terrific day, which we ended by splurging> to celebrate Edna's return to society by going out to > dinner at Saul's restaurant and deli in Berkeley, where> everyone was very happy to see Edna.> > The cattle, the deer and the elk, seemed indifferent> to their adoring admirers:> http://www.sfgate.com/getoutside/1996/aug/elkinfo.html> > So, now, when Edna and I talk again, I can assure her that I> have kept you up-to-date on everything. > n> P.S. If I have already posted about this--though I could not find> that I had--just bear in mind that both of us are really "MSed > up." M.~ Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Beautiful day you two had! Thank Edna for 'electing' to be forthright and push you to give usdetails about your Marco Polo excursion! She sounds as though she is healingquite well and getting around wonderfully. I think it is grand you 2 have oneanother to 'lean on'--when you are MSsed up and otherwise!Thank you for this terrific post, n. Love to you both, Kate My friend, Edna, age 72, who has MSTo: MSersLife > Edna asked me this morning whether I had told the group about> our latest "jaunt," in Marco Polo, her first since her hip replace> ment (right) on Election Day. Edna tells me that she "elected"> to have her "elective" surgery on "election" day.> > Well, I had to admit that I had failed to report on our latest> excusrion in Marco Polo, as the list had not been very ac> tive, and we have been concerned about some of our mem> bers facing some very serious and life-altering challenges:> Kate, Akiba, Jolie, and so many others of us.> > So, I just got off the phone from talking to Edna, and she > asked me whether I had posted yet to "our group." Edna> does not use a computer, is somewhat dysgraphic, and> has severe arthritis in all joints, hands included. Soooo,> I agreed to post about our last adventure.> > Well, last Sunday, at Edna's request--she was actually> walking to prove to me that she could get to and from> restrooms during our "day away from it all," and was> using her walker and/or cane very well--we departed> for Point Reyes (Kings Point) Peninsula and the Tomales> Point Tule Elk Reserve.> > We observed many, many vultures, wild turkeys, ravens,> red-tailed hawks, falcons (many varieties), black-tailed> deer (Hooray!), the usual social and friendly cattle, more> varieties of birds: black-shouldered kites, burrowing owls,> Canada Geese, and, as luck would have it, hundreds of> Tule Elk, adult bulls, cows, juveniles, and even babies.> And tourists. We stopped to look at some of the elk,> and a car filled with, as we learned, tourists from India,> asked for directions to the Tule Elk Reserve. We had> the pleasure of informing them that they had landed in> it and pointed out the Tule Elk! We also saw what are> called "pocket gophers," who just burrow tunnels and> essentially live in them; they are minuscule versions of> the ordinary gophers, and are very assertive--the Elk> and the Deer do steer clear of them.> > So, we had a terrific day, which we ended by splurging> to celebrate Edna's return to society by going out to > dinner at Saul's restaurant and deli in Berkeley, where> everyone was very happy to see Edna.> > The cattle, the deer and the elk, seemed indifferent> to their adoring admirers:> http://www.sfgate.com/getoutside/1996/aug/elkinfo.html> > So, now, when Edna and I talk again, I can assure her that I> have kept you up-to-date on everything. > n> P.S. If I have already posted about this--though I could not find> that I had--just bear in mind that both of us are really "MSed > up." M.~ Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]