RemedySpot.com

Earthquake

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Woke up from an earthquake this morning! One of the most powerful to ever hit Sweden - but of course still minimal in a global perspective. So far there has been some minor damage to buildings reported, but that's pretty much all (well, unless you count the things falling off our shelves, that is... but don't, it was all plastic and nothing was broken... come to think of it, though, I haven't checked the cabinet with our wine glasses yet...). For someone who has come to know earthquakes as something that only happens on the other side of the globe, it was really more confusing than anything else. The first thing I noticed, still practically sleeping was that the bed was shaking, then I (slightly more awake) noticed that the walls, the entire room, and probably the whole house was shaking too. My first (half-awake) instinct was to be upset with that very inconsiderate act of shaking someone's house in the middle of the night, or at least way before morning has broken. People really don't show any consideration for other people these days!... I was just about to say something to about the rudeness of it all, when I realized that people can't really shake big houses like that, no matter how rude and inconsiderate they are... And then I heard say: "Reb! Wake up, it's an earthquake!" To which my response was: "Oh.. THAT'S what it is?!" And 20 minutes later they were reporting about it on the radio - at that time they still hadn't had it confirmed by the Swedish seismological centre (we have one, mainly for research purposes, as we practically don't get earthquakes), but an American seismological institute had registered it and could confirm it. So, it's official, we've had an earthquake. love/Reb - shaken, not stirred...