RemedySpot.com

Re: been busy...They grow up so quick

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, don't they (grow up quick, that is). We had our godson over for a video night recently â€" sort of a treat to let him be a little "grown up", a time when we are not baby sitting him, but rather it is him hanging out with us, and watching scary movies (only the kinds his mother had said OK to, of course), now that he is a teenager. And he really IS a teenager, in every way. He is taller than his mom, and wear shoes the same size I do. And yet it seems like only yesterday he was just a baby... (we did manage to restrain ourselves from saying that to him, though, not the kind of thing you are fond of hearing in that age...). One minute they are learning to walk, and the next they have a rock band with their junior high friends - how does that happen... I know that when I was about his age I had the theory that what is known as "adolesence" in kids was really just another name for early signs of dementia in their elders - who all of a sudden went collectively silly and started to say things like "I don't know how you could be so old now, it seems to me just yesterday you were a baby/toddler/in kindergarten/word of choice here" in every second sentence... And now I am there... Perhaps it IS early dementia on my part... But one thing is sure, he is turning into a very fine young man. Sensible and well behaved (he may show less of that with his parents, but that's how it's supposed to be).And we had the opportunity to have a serious, and apropriately adult, conversation about the circumstances during which he came to be. He had somehow found out (and I am suspecting his very religious and very conservative grandmother on his father's side - it would be like her to tell him) that he was concieved in the context of a very short fling his mother and father had in college, one that was never meant to lead to a pregnancy. But the way he expressed it was: "So, I've found out that I am just a mistake". I told him that he is anything but a mistake - I've known mistakes, and he isn't it! To which he said: "Well, but I was never meant to be born" And I told him that, while it's true that his conception was not meant to be, he was very much meant to be born!And I think he took that in, even if I choosed not to reveal anything of how his mother struggled with how to do, but in the end came to the decision that she very much wanted this baby (didn't know how to put that in a way that didn't make him hear only: "My mother considered an abortion"), or that when she had come to the decision she (temporarily) gave up her college education and took a job at a sausage factory so that she could get an appartment, and not have only a dorm room to offer the baby. And that at the time she was a vegetarian, but still took that factory job manufacturing sausages (something that may have kept her vegetarian for a longer time than would have otherwise been the case...). And not only that, but also during her pregnancy she even temporarily gave up her vegetarianism and started to eat meat, so that she would be certain the baby got all the nutrition it/he needed. Vegetarianism was one of her deepest held beliefs at the time, but her baby was more important. (this I didn't tell him, because I was afraid he may feel it as some kind of guilt over what his mother sacrificed for him). And neither did I tell him anything about how his father at the time was putting pressure on his mother to have an abortion - or that, while he did show up right after the birth to claim his rights as a father (despite having declared beforehand that he didn't want anything to do with the baby/kid), it did take him several years more to realize that fatherhood comes with responsibilities and not only rights. (This I didn't tell him because I don't see the need to talk bad about parents to their kids, they are quite capable of finding faults anyway, and besides he didn't need to know that). But some of my feelings on that may have slipped through when my spontaneous respnse to his: "But I can't have been meant to be because my father is a Catholic" was: "Oh, Catholic was he? Could have fooled me!" But I kind of rescued that by adding the explaining remark that while I am very well aware about his father's religious affilation, it wasn't very...well...noticable at the time, and that that was a good thing, because after all, had he been a "good Catholic" all the way, "you would not have come to be" They DO grow up quick!love/Reb>> Hi Reb! Aka, the funny NO guy! Lol. Your niece is such a cutie! What a > fun age hu? Well,mostly anyway.hehe. My niece who just turned 2 is > staying with us for awile with her mom,my sister. Shes the cutest > thing. I cannot be serious with her and if my sis disiplines her its me > auntie to the rescue.lol. Something about that sweet adorable face. She > loves saying no too or if we ask her something and she does not agree > she says untuh unta.lol. I know im nt spelling that right but you know > the other word or grunt for no.lol. Enjoy. They grow up so quick and > thanks for sharing the cute photo.> hugz> cassy> > > been busy...> > > > We have been baby sitting my niece (9 months). I figured I'd show you a> little bit of what's been keeping me off the computer (photos > attatched).> > She learned a new thing during these days, shaking her head, and saying > "no". Then laughing hysterically. This she'd do when she saw me, so > somehow she must have thought I was the one always telling her no - AND > felt that that was a big joke... She's a lovely kid, but right now > learning to walk (can walk holding on to furniture etc., and slowly > trying to do it on her own) and a bit wild...> > love> /Reb - the funny "no-guy"> > > > > > L> na pengar utan säkerhet.> > Sök och jämför lÃ¥n hos Kelkoo.>