RemedySpot.com

Re: MS & body thermostats

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have been having trouble adjusting to the temperatures fluctuating here this winter - it was 70 ish a record high after being very low - then 20 plus changes - a lot of pain.

In the summer I have to get it done early or forget it - over 75 I stay in the house - caftans in the summer and sweats in the winter

MS & body thermostats

How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some way to regulate our thermostats!Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night I easily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom part will get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain. With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.What are your experiences?hugs)))

SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

I live in northern Michigan and my problem is at night in a different way. I get cold and get the chills at night. I now have to sleep with a sweatshirt on and socks. When I get the chills i.e.: goose bumps they are often only on on 1 side of my body talk about weird. When I get over heated I get weak and my leg tends to give out and I fall a lot.

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas !!

Cheri Fenton

Subject: Re: MS & body thermostatsTo: MSersLife Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 7:16 PM

I have been having trouble adjusting to the temperatures fluctuating here this winter - it was 70 ish a record high after being very low - then 20 plus changes - a lot of pain.

In the summer I have to get it done early or forget it - over 75 I stay in the house - caftans in the summer and sweats in the winter

MS & body thermostats

How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some way to regulate our thermostats!Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night I easily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom part will get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain. With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.What are your experiences?hugs)))

SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Too hot (and

that includes hot flashes, darn it!) and I get InstaSick – weak all over,

nauseous, dizzy. Comes on instantly. Too cold and I have a hard

time getting warm again, + muscles spasms etc.

I think I

need to live in 68 degree temps from now on. ;-)

T

in WY

" You get a wonderful view from the point of no return... "

http://practical-blackwork.blogspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/liadains_fancies

MS & body

thermostats

How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish

there some way to regulate our thermostats!

Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do.

But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night I

easily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom part

will get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain.

With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.

What are your experiences?

hugs)))

Sharon

This email

is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar

enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be

considered flaws or defects.

My thermostat is and has been obsolete for a long time! Before I was

diagnosed I would be leader of the hot tamales as work-meaning we would

go shove the thermostat down-we were the ladies of that " certain age " ,

and I thought I just had the longest menopause ever known! After I had

a major relapse which in turn led to my diagnosis, my temp never got

back to normal, always having the hot foot syndrome. In summer a use

lots of ice packs on by feet and arms, shoulders and hands, and now in

winter, I just stand out on the deck barefooted. I have kept myself

from rolling around in the snow so as to not embarass my family!

Ideally if I could get hold of one of those big freezer bunkers from a

supermarket, I'd just pack myself in ice like a big ol' piece of cod!

>

> How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some way

to regulate our thermostats!

>

> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. But

I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night I

>

> With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.

>

> What are your experiences?

>

> hugs)))

>

> Sharon

> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in

spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in

no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

>

>

Anne, you sound like me. Summer and I do NOT get along at all. I am living in sweats, too. Last night was a really tough one for me. I was freezing then roasting. As soon as my legs got hot the pain started and kept up all night. On top of that I had a sour tummy and diarrhea. What a pleasant night! lolI finally was able to sleep about 3:30 for a couple hours. Stupid MS. SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its

individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Subject: Re: MS & body thermostatsTo: MSersLife Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 5:16 PM

MS & body thermostats

in the winter if I sleep in sweats and get under the quilts I can sleep until I have to go pee or Brat Kat starts pawing the door - in the summer I keep a fleece throw close so the air conditioning doesn't freeze me - I do have to have a fan over my head to blow air or I can't breathe - since April with my asthma it has been worse - the weather has been up and down - up to 20 degrees over night or during the day and I paid for it.

The faux fur throw and sweats or caftan works in the den - when I have the chills I crawl under it and then the pass out nap hits - I wake up at some point when I get too hot - another MS flare in action

MS & body thermostats

Hi CheriIt sounds awful and I do understand. When I get chilled I shake and my teeth chatter terribly. When that happens it take a long time to warm up again.How's your weather? Our low temps this week have been 10 degrees. We heat with wood and the variations have contributed to my internal temp control problems I'm sure.SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Subject: Re: MS & body thermostatsTo: MSersLife Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 7:16 PM

MS & body thermostats

Mine has been out of whack for years. I feel heat on my skin when I touch something cold, for example... Hugs Akiba -- MS & body thermostats How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some way to regulate our thermostats!Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night I easily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom part will get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain. With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.What are your experiences?hugs))) SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Mine has been out of whack for years. I feel heat on my skin when I touch something cold, for example... Hugs Akiba -- MS & body thermostats How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some way to regulate our thermostats!Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night I easily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom part will get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain. With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.What are your experiences?hugs))) SharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

Himself bought me an air conditioner for our bedroom, and it ran all

summer - gave me that one cool place to retreat to when the HotSicks got me.

Now it's cold, and we have the He's Cold I'm Hot problem - I can't quite get

through to him how very sick I feel when he turns up the car heater to full

blast, etc.

Sigh....

T

in WY

>

>

>

>

>

> hugs)))

>

> Sharon

>

>

------------------------------------

Himself bought me an air conditioner for our bedroom, and it ran all

summer - gave me that one cool place to retreat to when the HotSicks got me.

Now it's cold, and we have the He's Cold I'm Hot problem - I can't quite get

through to him how very sick I feel when he turns up the car heater to full

blast, etc.

Sigh....

T

in WY

>

>

>

>

>

> hugs)))

>

> Sharon

>

>

------------------------------------

my MIL and I used to play thermostat tag with the guys - we

turned it up - they turned it down - then I would give up

and find a sweater and ignore the laughter on holidays -

there are pictures in their family albums to prove it

MS & body thermostats

>

>

>

>How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish

>there some way to regulate our thermostats!

>

>

>

>Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I

>sure do. But I also have a hard time with temp control in

>the winter. At night I easily get too hot. The top of my

>body will be cold but the bottom part will get hot. When

>my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain.

>

>

>

>With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.

>

>

>

>What are your experiences?

>

>

>

>hugs)))

>

>

>

>

>

>Sharon

>

>This email is a natural hand made product. The slight

>variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual

>character and beauty and in no way are to be considered

>flaws or defects.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>[Attachment: imstp_animation_butterflies_en_020908.gif]

my MIL and I used to play thermostat tag with the guys - we

turned it up - they turned it down - then I would give up

and find a sweater and ignore the laughter on holidays -

there are pictures in their family albums to prove it

MS & body thermostats

>

>

>

>How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish

>

>

>

>Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I

>sure do. But I also have a hard time with temp control in

>the winter. At night I easily get too hot. The top of my

>body will be cold but the bottom part will get hot. When

>my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain.

>

>

>

>With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.

>

>

>

>What are your experiences?

>

>

>

>hugs)))

>

>

>

>

>

>Sharon

>

>This email is a natural hand made product. The slight

>flaws or defects.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>[Attachment: imstp_animation_butterflies_en_020908.gif]

Thanks for the laughs! I loved your descriptions. LOLSharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Subject: Re: MS & body thermostatsTo: MSersLife Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 8:22 AMMy thermostat is and has been obsolete for a long time! Before I wasdiagnosed I would be leader of the hot tamales as work-meaning we wouldgo shove the thermostat down-we were the ladies of that "certainage",and I thought I just had the longest menopause ever known! After I hada major relapse which in turn led to my diagnosis, my temp never gotback to normal, always having the hot foot syndrome. In summer a uselots of ice packs on by feet and arms, shoulders and hands, and now inwinter, I just stand out on the deck barefooted. I have kept myselffrom rolling around in the

snow so as to not embarass my family! Ideally if I could get hold of one of those big freezer bunkers from asupermarket, I'd just pack myself in ice like a big ol' piece of cod!>> How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some wayto regulate our thermostats!>> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. ButI also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night Ieasily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom partwill get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain.>> With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.>> What are your experiences?>> hugs)))>> Sharon> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations inspelling and grammar enhance its individual

character and beauty and inno way are to be considered flaws or defects.>>------------------------------------

Thanks for the laughs! I loved your descriptions. LOLSharonThis email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and in no way are to be considered flaws or defects. Subject: Re: MS & body thermostatsTo: MSersLife Date: Monday, December 29, 2008, 8:22 AMMy thermostat is and has been obsolete for a long time! Before I wasdiagnosed I would be leader of the hot tamales as work-meaning we wouldgo shove the thermostat down-we were the ladies of that "certainage",and I thought I just had the longest menopause ever known! After I hada major relapse which in turn led to my diagnosis, my temp never gotback to normal, always having the hot foot syndrome. In summer a uselots of ice packs on by feet and arms, shoulders and hands, and now inwinter, I just stand out on the deck barefooted. I have kept myselffrom rolling around in the

snow so as to not embarass my family! Ideally if I could get hold of one of those big freezer bunkers from asupermarket, I'd just pack myself in ice like a big ol' piece of cod!>> How many of you have a problem with body temps? I wish there some wayto regulate our thermostats!>> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat. I sure do. ButI also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. At night Ieasily get too hot. The top of my body will be cold but the bottom partwill get hot. When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg pain.>> With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.>> What are your experiences?>> hugs)))>> Sharon> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight variations inspelling and grammar enhance its individual

character and beauty and inno way are to be considered flaws or defects.>>------------------------------------

It has been cold highs in the 20's on the good days, except for this

past Sat. we hit 50 degrees, it was kind of weird.

>

>

>

> Subject: Re: MS & body thermostats

> To: MSersLife

> Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 7:16 PM

>

>

>

>

> 

> I have been having trouble adjusting to the temperatures

fluctuating here this winter - it was 70 ish a record high after

being very low - then 20 plus changes - a lot of pain.

>  

> In the summer I have to get it done early or forget it - over 75 I

stay in the house - caftans in the summer and sweats in the winter

>

> MS & body thermostats

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> How many of you have a problem with body temps?  I wish there some

way to regulate our thermostats!

>

> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat.  I sure

do.  But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. 

At night I easily get too hot.  The top of my body will be cold but

the bottom part will get hot.  When my legs get hot I then have a

lot of leg pain.

>

>

>

> hugs)))

>

>

> Sharon

spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and

in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

>  

>

>  

>

It has been cold highs in the 20's on the good days, except for this

past Sat. we hit 50 degrees, it was kind of weird.

>

>

>

> Subject: Re: MS & body thermostats

> To: MSersLife

> Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 7:16 PM

>

>

>

>

> 

> I have been having trouble adjusting to the temperatures

fluctuating here this winter - it was 70 ish a record high after

being very low - then 20 plus changes - a lot of pain.

>  

> In the summer I have to get it done early or forget it - over 75 I

stay in the house - caftans in the summer and sweats in the winter

>

> MS & body thermostats

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

> How many of you have a problem with body temps?  I wish there some

way to regulate our thermostats!

>

> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer heat.  I sure

do.  But I also have a hard time with temp control in the winter. 

At night I easily get too hot.  The top of my body will be cold but

the bottom part will get hot.  When my legs get hot I then have a

lot of leg pain.

>

>

>

> hugs)))

>

>

> Sharon

spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and beauty and

in no way are to be considered flaws or defects.

>  

>

>  

>

That sounds so familiar, I though I was still going through the "change" and that's why I have hot nights and it makes me so uncomfortable I have to get up. Then when my legs get cool, or cold I can lay back down. My feet get really ice cold but my legs are hotttt. If my neck gets hot I feel like I am having a "hot flash" and that's what I thought it was. I never want to think it is MS, but reading about it and hearing other MS people having the same problems it has to be MS. I had a "complete hysterectomy" over 10 years ago, and I still blame lots of things on the "change". The most recent thing I have to say MS is doing for me is... I have to have a light on the key board to type. I know I need to see the eye doc, but putting it off is so much easier. For my body, I have to have the ceiling fan on me at night or I don't go to

sleep. So good to hear from you Sharon!!! How is Challis and all the kids? Love to all, (with an i in OK)

Love as Always,Sometimes lurking, mostly reading, always caring. from OK

Subject: MS & body thermostatsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 5:22 PM

That sounds so familiar, I though I was still going through the "change" and that's why I have hot nights and it makes me so uncomfortable I have to get up. Then when my legs get cool, or cold I can lay back down. My feet get really ice cold but my legs are hotttt. If my neck gets hot I feel like I am having a "hot flash" and that's what I thought it was. I never want to think it is MS, but reading about it and hearing other MS people having the same problems it has to be MS. I had a "complete hysterectomy" over 10 years ago, and I still blame lots of things on the "change". The most recent thing I have to say MS is doing for me is... I have to have a light on the key board to type. I know I need to see the eye doc, but putting it off is so much easier. For my body, I have to have the ceiling fan on me at night or I don't go to

sleep. So good to hear from you Sharon!!! How is Challis and all the kids? Love to all, (with an i in OK)

Love as Always,Sometimes lurking, mostly reading, always caring. from OK

Subject: MS & body thermostatsTo: "Group" <mserslife >Date: Sunday, December 28, 2008, 5:22 PM

Last week we had a record high of 70 something - yesterday

was 73 - really screwy weather - in between it is freezing

with low wind chills

MS & body thermostats

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> How many of you have a problem with body temps?  I

wish

>>

>> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer

heat.  I

>sure do.  But I also have a hard time with temp

control

>in the winter.  At night I easily get too hot. 

The top

>of my body will be cold but the bottom part will get

>hot.  When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg

pain.

>>

>> With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.

>>

>> What are your experiences?

>>

>> hugs)))

>>

>>

>> Sharon

>> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight

>> flaws or defects.  

>>

>>  

>>

>

>

>

Last week we had a record high of 70 something - yesterday

was 73 - really screwy weather - in between it is freezing

with low wind chills

MS & body thermostats

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>>

>> How many of you have a problem with body temps?  I

wish

>>

>> Many (most?) of us have a hard time with summer

heat.  I

>sure do.  But I also have a hard time with temp

control

>in the winter.  At night I easily get too hot. 

The top

>of my body will be cold but the bottom part will get

>hot.  When my legs get hot I then have a lot of leg

pain.

>>

>> With the hot legs I often have bladder spasms.

>>

>> What are your experiences?

>>

>> hugs)))

>>

>>

>> Sharon

>> This email is a natural hand made product. The slight

>> flaws or defects.  

>>