RemedySpot.com

baking for the holidays

Rate this topic

Guest guest

So, when I was in the hospital, Dana had called me twice (really warmed my heart!) and told me he hadmade a wonderful, decadent and fancy dessertfor Thanksgiving...with my MSwisscheese brain,I cannot recall what it was...so I am asking you whatit was/is Dana, and also hoping you could post therecipe either here or the group page. Today I made2 pumpkin cheesecakes which came out real well--I used real pumpkin (as opposed as from a can), andput more pumpkin in than it called for, and also usedbrown instead of white sugar, and also used less sugar.It really came out well. Then my son and I have beenmaking gingerbread roll out cookies in the shapes ofstars, trees, angels, doves and gingerbread men. Wewill probably frost and decorate them in a day or so.Later this wk. I'll make the sugar cookie roll out dough-refrigerate that, and make the cookies over next wkend. I bought a fun pre-made gingerbread house thatwe can 'build' and 'glue' together with frosting and decorate with all sorts of goodies that came with--gum drops, etc. I'll see if we will have a snowy daybefore Christmas to make that. Sorry for the long postabout baking. It is something that gets me out of my'head' and helps me be creative in a way and interactwith my kids a bit more. Speaking of kids...I shouldshoo them up to bed--at least the younger ones!Sweet dreams (no pun!) everyone! Love to all, Kate Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Lordy! Between your baking and n's baking...my stomach wishes I were bi-coastal... YUMMMM Akiba -- baking for the holidays So, when I was in the hospital, Dana had called me twice (really warmed my heart!) and told me he hadmade a wonderful, decadent and fancy dessertfor Thanksgiving...with my MSwisscheese brain,I cannot recall what it was...so I am asking you whatit was/is Dana, and also hoping you could post therecipe either here or the group page. Today I made2 pumpkin cheesecakes which came out real well--I used real pumpkin (as opposed as from a can), andput more pumpkin in than it called for, and also usedbrown instead of white sugar, and also used less sugar.It really came out well. Then my son and I have beenmaking gingerbread roll out cookies in the shapes ofstars, trees, angels, doves and gingerbread men. Wewill probably frost and decorate them in a day or so.Later this wk. I'll make the sugar cookie roll out dough-refrigerate that, and make the cookies over next wkend. I bought a fun pre-made gingerbread house thatwe can 'build' and 'glue' together with frosting and decorate with all sorts of goodies that came with--gum drops, etc. I'll see if we will have a snowy daybefore Christmas to make that. Sorry for the long postabout baking. It is something that gets me out of my'head' and helps me be creative in a way and interactwith my kids a bit more. Speaking of kids...I shouldshoo them up to bed--at least the younger ones!Sweet dreams (no pun!) everyone! Love to all, KatePlease visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!