RemedySpot.com

Re: Question? those week-end and holiday medical crises

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Jolie, and group, does it not seem that every medical crisis imaginable strikeson: weekends; holidays; holiday seasons,etc.?We are fortunate in that one ER near us is'very good; the other we shall not discuss.I do hope that you can manage safely until Monday, though.Love, n From: Jolie Riojas

To: MSersLife Sent: Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:29:05 PMSubject: Re: Question?

Thanks n...I have been debating the seriousness of it. I have

the pain under control now with Motrin and Neurontin. I was tryin to

hold out till Monday and see if it persists. I hate the

ER...dread.. .fear. Jolie

Yeah, it also seems every really nasty family argument starts at a holiday dinner... Hugs Akiba -- Re: Question? those week-end and holiday medical crises Very true, it does seem that way.Jolie

I agree, n! Or...in inclement or some sort ofcompromised weather! It took me 3.5 hours toget home from the ER the other day--in the snow.Normally it takes 35-40 min! I was severelydehydrated and they gave me an IV of fluids.I had some sort of gastritis that lasted 6 days.love to all, and hoping all stay well during theholidays and all days! Kate in NY Re: Question?> > > Thanks n...I have been debating the seriousness of it. I have> the pain under control now with Motrin and Neurontin. I was > tryin to> hold out till Monday and see if it persists. I hate the> ER...dread.. .fear. Jolie> Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Doesn't it though...'s mother is having a traditional "dopp i grytan" (ie "dipping in the kettle/casserole" - a lunch where you dip bread in the broth from boiling the traditional Christmas ham, served at Christmas dinner, and eat with sausages and mustard. Originally a way for the exhausted mother of the house to make a lunch out of what was in the kitchen anyway the hours before the huge Christmas dinner, but like most traditions do it has sort of taken on a life of its own...) midday, Christmas Eve. Her younger sister isn't coming since their younger brother isn't hosting the family Christmas this year (his wife is dying from cancer), and that would mean she'd have to drive back and forth for just the lunch. It's a couple of hours in each direction, and on Christmas Eve which is the day when Swedes celebrate Christmas, so it's definitely an understandable decision so far. BUT, it now turns out she has told people, for instance their father, 's grandfather, that the "dopp i grytan" is canceled this year... And hence the quarrel begins... The thing is, though, I don't think she has done it with ill intent. I think she is just genuinely self-absorbed enough to equate that she isn't coming with that the event is cancelled...Well, well. love/Reb>> Yeah, it also seems every really nasty family argument starts at a holiday> dinner...> > Hugs> > Akiba> > > > -- Re: Question? those week-end and holiday medical crises> > > > Very true, it does seem that way.> > Jolie>

Doesn't it though...'s mother is having a traditional "dopp i grytan" (ie "dipping in the kettle/casserole" - a lunch where you dip bread in the broth from boiling the traditional Christmas ham, served at Christmas dinner, and eat with sausages and mustard. Originally a way for the exhausted mother of the house to make a lunch out of what was in the kitchen anyway the hours before the huge Christmas dinner, but like most traditions do it has sort of taken on a life of its own...) midday, Christmas Eve. Her younger sister isn't coming since their younger brother isn't hosting the family Christmas this year (his wife is dying from cancer), and that would mean she'd have to drive back and forth for just the lunch. It's a couple of hours in each direction, and on Christmas Eve which is the day when Swedes celebrate Christmas, so it's definitely an understandable decision so far. BUT, it now turns out she has told people, for instance their father, 's grandfather, that the "dopp i grytan" is canceled this year... And hence the quarrel begins... The thing is, though, I don't think she has done it with ill intent. I think she is just genuinely self-absorbed enough to equate that she isn't coming with that the event is cancelled...Well, well. love/Reb>> Yeah, it also seems every really nasty family argument starts at a holiday> dinner...> > Hugs> > Akiba> > > > -- Re: Question? those week-end and holiday medical crises> > > > Very true, it does seem that way.> > Jolie>

I think I might have to move to the land of my ancestors...if only for the FOOD!!! Wonder if Robbin will like it there....???? 'Course it isn't that different from Wisconsin, weather-wise, anyway... Hugs Akiba -- Re: Question? those week-end and holiday medical crises> > > > Very true, it does seem that way.> > Jolie>

I think I might have to move to the land of my ancestors...if only for the FOOD!!! Wonder if Robbin will like it there....???? 'Course it isn't that different from Wisconsin, weather-wise, anyway... Hugs Akiba -- Re: Question? those week-end and holiday medical crises> > > > Very true, it does seem that way.> > Jolie>