RemedySpot.com

Re: [MSers]now holiday food!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Kate, and all. We are having Lunch-Dinner served at 2 pm at my home. We are cooking a turkey the day before and cutting it so it only has to be warmed. Of course home made rolls, white baked bread rolls. (moms recipe from the old days) We are baking Candi-Yams "yums" as Victorya calls them. Green beans (plain Victorya won't eat them if you add Bacon) Mashed potatoes and gravey. Pumpkin pies, banana pudding, and a few other things. Cranberries "jam" and some hot pepper jelly snacks. Christmas eve we will all gather in the late evening to open 1 present, and have a veggie tray and finger sandwiches and play board games and listen to Christmas songs. Moriah says we need to add a few more traditions to our holidays so there is more for the new kids to do when they get here. So we have just started the Christmas Eve

gathering. I have made it very clear for the last few years that the older kids can do what ever they want on Christmas Eve, but Christmas Day belongs to me. So Moriah has made it clear to her spouse that his family can share Christmas Eve and Christmas is with her family. e is on the other hand "doing" what ever she can once again to shit (excuse me) on my Christmas. Like she did last year. I have just decided that I am not going to let her ruin my day. Victorya won't be here to open presents first thing Christmas morning, but they will be here later. And "you know it is only special to me." But head held high and going on. I hope everyone is going to have a GREAT day and remember I love you and will be thinking of you all. Love, (with an i from N.E. Oklahoma)

Subject: Re: Question? those week-end and holiday battles,now holiday food!To: MSersLife Date: Monday, December 22, 2008, 6:07 AM

Great post, n!You make many excellent points! Your lavish desserts sound awesome..I would love to ask everyone what foodthey will be serving or enjoying at someoneelse's home, 'cause Kate is such a food-ie, Ijust NEED to know!I will be serving 2 very different things--ham with sweet potatoes and asparagus,and turkey-lasagna (ground turkey that is)and brocolli. I think my brother and sis-inlaw are bringing dessert so that frees me up.I enjoy planning out menus, so thatif one kid doesn't like one thing, he/shewill like the other, or happily, both.I hope no one minds my going on aboutfood, but it is such a social event!Here is to Akiba's awesome reunionwith her precious son! Praying for nobattles with anyone!love to all, Kate Re: Question? those week-end and holiday > medical crises> > Very true, it does seem that way.> Jolie> > > > Please visit: http://www.bicyclem an.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Yum! ! Sounds really good!Love, n To: MSersLife Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 8:00:16 PMSubject: Re:

now holiday food!

Kate, and all. We are having Lunch-Dinner served at 2 pm at my home. We are cooking a turkey the day before and cutting it so it only has to be warmed. Of course home made rolls, white baked bread rolls. (moms recipe from the old days) We are baking Candi-Yams "yums" as Victorya calls them. Green beans (plain Victorya won't eat them if you add Bacon) Mashed potatoes and gravey. Pumpkin pies, banana pudding, and a few other things. Cranberries "jam" and some hot pepper jelly snacks. Christmas eve we will all gather in the late evening to open 1 present, and have a veggie tray and finger sandwiches and play

board games and listen to Christmas songs. Moriah says we need to add a few more traditions to our holidays so there is more for the new kids to do when they get here. So we have just started the Christmas Eve

gathering. I have made it very clear for the last few years that the older kids can do what ever they want on Christmas Eve, but Christmas Day belongs to me. So Moriah has made it clear to her spouse that his family can share Christmas Eve and Christmas is with her family. e is on the other hand "doing" what ever she can once again to shit (excuse me) on my Christmas. Like she did last year. I have just decided that I am not going to let her ruin my day. Victorya won't be here to open presents first thing Christmas morning, but they will be here later. And "you know it is only special to me." But head held high and going on. I hope everyone is going to have a GREAT day and remember I love you and will be thinking of you all. Love, (with an i from N.E. Oklahoma)

From: katelloydkidz@ optonline. net <katelloydkidz@ optonline. net>Subject: Re: Question? those week-end and holiday battles,now holiday food!To: MSersLife@yahoogrou ps.comDate: Monday, December 22, 2008, 6:07 AM

Great post, n!You make many excellent points! Your lavish desserts sound awesome..I would love to ask everyone what foodthey will be serving or enjoying at someoneelse's home, 'cause Kate is such a food-ie, Ijust NEED to know!I will be serving 2 very different things--ham with sweet potatoes and asparagus,and turkey-lasagna (ground turkey that is)and brocolli. I think my brother and sis-inlaw are bringing dessert so that frees me up.I enjoy planning out menus, so thatif one kid doesn't like one thing, he/shewill like the other, or happily, both.I hope no one minds my going on aboutfood, but it is such a social event!Here is to Akiba's awesome reunionwith her precious son! Praying for nobattles with anyone!love to all, Kate Re: Question? those week-end and holiday > medical crises> > Very true, it does seem that way.> Jolie> > > > Please visit: http://www.bicyclem an.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

~I think it sounds as if you are having lunch/dinner around the timewe are--about 3 or 4? or 2 or 3? It is a better plan, as there ISso much food! I love the array you are having. Banana pudding isa new one on me.The kids are rebelling against my ham idea and pushing for turkey,stuffing and cranberry. I might have to just 'cave'! Our one traditionalways on Christmas morning before opening presents is freshbagels and cream cheese--with some of us having wonderfullox as well. Enough orange juice to go around, coffee as well.As far as Christmas eve, I think we may do something like ordera sushi platter in, or go out for Mexican. I know it sounds ratherodd, but these are our favorites, and I'm not cooking 2 days ina row!Know that I feel the same~hoping your days go smoothly andpeacefully, filled with joy and glee. You too, are also loved.hugs from Kate in snowy NY, hoping for more snow onChristmas, not rain, as I'm hearing! Re: Question? those week-end and holiday > > medical crises> > > > Very true, it does seem that way.> > Jolie> > > > > > > > > > Please visit: http://www.bicyclem an.com> awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many > recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!

Attachment: vcard [not shown]

Snow...it has been dumping snow all day here...the roads are horrid...but it sure is purty.... Praying they get a break to drive up in, I wouldn't want them to have to drive through it is it is right now... Hugs Akiba -- Re: now holiday food! ~I think it sounds as if you are having lunch/dinner around the timewe are--about 3 or 4? or 2 or 3? It is a better plan, as there ISso much food! I love the array you are having. Banana pudding isa new one on me.The kids are rebelling against my ham idea and pushing for turkey,stuffing and cranberry. I might have to just 'cave'! Our one traditionalways on Christmas morning before opening presents is freshbagels and cream cheese--with some of us having wonderfullox as well. Enough orange juice to go around, coffee as well.As far as Christmas eve, I think we may do something like ordera sushi platter in, or go out for Mexican. I know it sounds ratherodd, but these are our favorites, and I'm not cooking 2 days ina row!Know that I feel the same~hoping your days go smoothly andpeacefully, filled with joy and glee. You too, are also loved.hugs from Kate in snowy NY, hoping for more snow onChristmas, not rain, as I'm hearing! Re: Question? those week-end and holiday > > medical crises> > > > Very true, it does seem that way.> > Jolie> > > > > > > > > > Please visit: http://www.bicyclem an.com> awesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many > recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Please visit: http://www.bicycleman.comawesome guy, fantastic site. All types of bicyles, many recumbents; perfect for an MS Bike Tour!