RemedySpot.com

cold floors

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I just bought carpet for the front room, (didn't know I could get it cheaper by buying rements) we didnt put pad down under it, The hard wood floors are beautiful buut very cold and keep the heaters going to much. We are thinking about putting carpet down in our room cause of the cold floors in the mornings. No snow here yet but we are suppose to get an Ice storm this weekend. I am not looking forward to that. Last winter we did without electric for 8 days because of an ice storm. Hoping things are warming up for you!!

Love as Always,Sometimes lurking, mostly reading, always caring. from OK

Subject: Re: Cassy Re: Helloooo! Anyone here???? .....msg from SharonTo: MSersLife Date: Wednesday, December 10, 2008, 6:31 PM

I know what you mean. I'm glad I've lost weight but I do wonder (worry) why. I have NEVER in my life lost weight without trying! lol Ahhh, Sharon let me think. You are living in a house off the grid. No tv and so on. It stands to reason that you are doing more physical work than normal for your everyday needs, right?? And if you are doing anything like hauling firewood into the house from outside, doing dishes by hand and any number of things I can think of that wiith less electrical conveinces to lessen the load. It stands to reason that you are burning more calories. Also if your heat is a wood burning stove, like we had on the farm as a kid. It also stands to reason that you are burning up more calories just trying to keep warm. I've been keeping my house at the lowest point the thermostat will go. I turn the heat up for 30 minutes to

an hour after I get home to warm up the place a bit. Usually this means turning the themostat to 62 to get the blower to come on. And the temp will go from 55 to 68 or so and I turn it back down. I know I have been burning more calories staying warm.(or tryuing to) I do like to sleep in a cold bedroom. I grew up with a ben franklin stove in the kitchen/living area and no heat in the bedrooms. A warm room and I don't sleep well. I use flannel sheets and several blankets. I do turn the electric heater on (one of those little ceramic ones) about half an hour before bedtime in the bedroom to warm it up some and warm up the sheets then turn it off at bedtime. I wear bed socks till the bed warms up. I also use a heater in the bathroom when I shower or use the bathroom and to get dressed or undressed. I am hoping to get the rest of my plastic on the windows this weekend. We have both had to work so much on the paperwork for the bankruptcy that we

haven't had time to get the plastic up. I am also hoping the ex will get up in the attic and get the insulation layed down. It;s already up there, just not put in place. I'm thinking about the next time we get to Wichita that I am going to the carpet oulet place and get some room sized remnets for my house. The last time we got some for the other house we found room sized pieces for under $50. And I don't us a pad under them either. Just use them as almost room sized area rugs. Hardwood floors are beautifu, but they are cold in the winter.

Debbie and Ian McKinley (BMD since 93)no litters Kansas http://home. hit.net/~ dimck/ http://www.flickr. com/photos/ dimck23/ (200 carting photo)