RemedySpot.com

Re: Hello everyone

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hello everyone,

Thank you , Brett, Janet and everyone else for welcoming me to the group. Sorry I have not replied for so long. My computer had problems and my father has just fixed it. For those of you who asked, I'm 15 years old. I'm not sure about changing the times of when I take UDCA, but I'll ask my doctor when I next go to hospital. I have to take UDCA 3 times at day, so it seems a bit much to move it all to bedtime. Sometimes I do get scared about having UC and PSC. Mainly because I got them both early on in life, and it seems to be leaving me with quite an uncertain future. But it doesn't really get me down. I have other problems- our family do not contact us so I do not get support from family, my parents argue alot and don't have the time to listen to me talk of my disease. I also have the complications of being a 'gifted child'. All this makes me feel a bit isolated from my peers, and sometimes I don't feel like a kid at all. But I do have one person I

can talk to, a counsellor from a Summer Music Camp I have been to for a couple of years, she's wonderful and I absolutely adore her.

Sometimes I get scared about my disease, but usually I don't think about it. At the moment I'm preparing for a piano competition I have in 3 weeks time. I find that doing things like piano and ballet take my mind off things. I'd like to tell you more about myself, but it's really late (11:30pm) and I should be in bed. Bye for now, hopefully I'll write again soon.

Love from AliceWant to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo!

Messenger

• 1 month later...

Hi alice

How you doing?

I read your email you wrote.

I am so sorry you are feeling upset,hope fully you are feeling a bit better

now.

I am sure every thing will work out just fine for you.

You are a special,sweet and caring person and you deserve to be happy,I am

positive you will have a great christmas.

Just wanted to let ya know I care and hope every thing works out.

Big hug

Terri(14)

South Africa

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

Hi Penny Welcome!!!! Your husband sounds like mine. I work full time and he does most of the cleaning and alot of the cooking. He never has to be asked as he just knows I can't work and be a good house keeper. I use to feel riddled with guilt when I'd go to bed and hear him whizzing through the house like a cleaning tornado but not as much anymore. He actually is better than I ever was. He is a treasure but dont let him know as his head will swell . hee! hee! I work for the separate school board, with special need children and those at risk. I hope you find what you need here and we all could use another cheery attitude. ACanadian Fibro Friend Penny wrote: I am new here, so I thought I'd just pop in and introduce myself.I am an almost 40, happily married wife and a Mother to 2 of the most awesome kids a parent could hope for. Both Daughters. I love to brag about them, so just tell me to knock it off if I go on to long, I promise not to be offended.My husband is my best friend and the best support system I could ever hope for. If it weren't for the Fibromyalgia, I wouldn't have anything to complain about ever.I am determined

not to let this monster affect me as deeply as it trys to do. I still hold a full time job (this is where the awesome hubby comes in.)Husband knows how important working is to me and my positive attitude about the Fibromyalgia, so he takes care of the housework so that I can save all my energy to go to work.I have a great job, I work for Walmart. They have also been a tremendous blessing, I have worked there almost 3 years, about 6 months after I started there I was finally diagnosed with the Monster. in those 3 years, my store manager has helped me change jobs 3 times to adjust what I am able to do so that I can continue working.Since I have been diagnosed, I have done so much research and found out that I have quite possibly had Fibromyalgia since I was 13-14, that's when the symptoms started showing up that no one ever knew what to do with.I was relieved to finally have a diagnosis, people

were starting to make me believe I really was imaging all of this pain.I hope to make many new friends in here, and maybe even pass along some of my "upbeat" attitude. It really helps to get through the days. Have a Pain Free Day and thanks for having me.Penny

Make free worldwide PC-to-PC calls. Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger with Voice

• 2 years later...
Guest guest

--- , " Becky " wrote:

>

> I have had an 8 day strong pounding headache. It apparantly has made

> friends with my body and doesn't want to leave. I have blacked out a

> total of 4 times now and almost blacked out a couple more. It's

> killing me and I've tried everything I know.

Dear Becky -

I'm so sorry to hear you are suffering like this. I'm glad you went to the ER,

but it worries

me that they sent you home with you blacking out, instead of admitting you and

running

further tests. Was your blood pressure okay? I can't imagine what else could

be causing

the blackouts.

Did you tell your doctor you were blacking out this much? Seems like s/he

should get

you in sooner for that. They'd make you wait if you just said you had a

headache

(although that's crazy too!) but it seems like the danger to you from passing

out would

make this an emergency situation.

Keep us updated. Even if you don't feel like posting much, it would make me

feel better if

you just typed a quick line every so often just to say " I'm still here. " We

worry about you!

Cheryl in AZ

Guest guest

Hi Becky,

I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. Are they migraines with an aura?

I hoep the Dr. can get it under control for you. It sounds so miserable. Did

they do anything for you at the ER?

I had three episodes (in a ten year span) where I got really nauseated, got

vertigo, lights would look all strange and distorted and then I passed out. Felt

like I was having seizures but everyone that was there told me I wasn't. Then

when I came too I would have this pounding headache from hell. They did all

kinds of test and then concluded it was probably migraines with an aura. Each

episode was so scary, I couldn't imagine having to deal with that daily. I've

never had other kinds of migraines though, thank goodness.

Good luck and take care,

Caitlin

I have had an 8 day strong pounding headache. It apparantly has made friends

with my body and doesn't want to leave. I have blacked out a total of 4 times

now and almost blacked out a couple more. It's killing me and I've tried

everything I know.