RemedySpot.com

Jaden Kalyan Ross is HOME!!!!!!!!!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I can't even begin to describe how it feels to be able to say that!!!!- It is truly such a miracle and such a joy- and we couldn't have done it without all your support and friendship! we are so thankful for all your encoutagement and the hours you spent listening to me whine and cry, writing letters on our behalf, and making donations to the children. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! A special thank you to Senator's Dodd and Lieberman for being SO responsive to us through out this situation.

Jaden was NOT impressed with me in the first hour (of course she'd barely slept on the plane- and it was 11PM and I'd barely slept all week- but perhaps I'm not too impressive!) but she was smitten immediately with Brenna- and very attached to Daddy! We had some fun at the airport then headed home. She was also NOT impressed with the carseat- but we made it the 2 hours home. She slept in her crib (much to my dismay- I was planning a "family" bed to help her adjust but she's very content in the crib- so.....) and woke to eat- she was much happier with me after some sleep!!!

I can't even tell you how wonderful this first day has been- Jaden and Brenna played for hours- and we had her belly laughing!!! She seems relatively adjusted and very content (after I introduced my version of congee- which is basically overcooked rice) she seems to be on our time schedule already (though tonite will tell) and her only "bad habit" is falling asleep with a bottle. She really has quite a situation with the scabies and intestinal problems however - I find it frustrating that she was apparently SO much healthier just 2 months ago and (as if I needed it) it's strengthened my resolve to help the other children stuck in this INS mess- but she's tough and I'm sure it's a mere blip on the screen- She's already to move (cruising the furniture)- and seems to really like our cool weather (Mike said unlike most babies she LOVED air conditioning in cam)

I'm sure there's so much more to say- but my mind is frazzled right now- and I'd better get some rest before Jaden- or the bun in the oven get riled up :) YES- you read that right!!!!!!!! for those who haven't seen me lately- we ARE hoping and praying to be adding a little baby brother or sister to the mix in July- I'm 28 weeks and so far so good!!!! HUGS and MUCH love to everyone!!!!

, Mike, Brenna, and Jaden

"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much"

-Mother

, Mike, Brenna (VSD, PS- open heart surgery 1/29/98--- typical 4 1/2YO- YIPES!), and Jaden Kalyan Ross-born in Cambodia July 15, 2001 home with us forever May 3, 2002, Baby Angel born still 11/7/00, and Riley and Snoozer the dogs

Join us again next year in remembering the millions of people affected by CHD on 2/14/2002: "A Day for Hearts: Congenital Heart Defects Awareness Day!"