RemedySpot.com

Re: carnosine/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I'm not very scientific when it comes to carnosine! I just did a search and read a few articles .... plus based on what you and Barb had reported.... decided to give it a try. So far, we are about five days into it..... I am only giving Katera about 500 mgs a day (using the NOW brand). I'm being cautious because Katera gets hyper-irritable very easily. We are seeing a *little* of that now.... I assume due to the carnosine... but another thing is that two of her therapists this week remarked on how active she was.... crawling all over the place! She is normally prone to just sitting around.... not moving much. So it does seem like it's gone right to her motor area! I'll keep you posted.

BTW.... l-carnitine (Carnitor is just a brand name for a prescription form of it) is an amino acid, too!

patti

Re: carnosine

Rhonda,L-carnitine and carnosine are not the same thing. Carnitine (or carnitor) I believe, not sure, is one of those things that you can test for and your body can be deficient in. I know the diet and some meds can deplete the body of it. Carnosine is an amino acid. There was a post a few weeks back about it. I will post and let you know if I can locate the web sites. We are giving 800 mg in am and 400 at pm. We were giving him 800 at both but it was causing him to get "hyper" and he couldn't sleep. So, we went to 400 at night. Our neurologist suggested this to us. He is doing some research on carnosine. Supposedly, it goes straight to the area of the brain that controls motor, cognition and speech. This is very basic but I'm not one of those scientific types like DeEtte and Patti (kudos to them). I'm learning and trying to get there.Well, I'll let you know. I'm not sure about Karly, I'll ask her.:0)