RemedySpot.com

Tina

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have about a 4-5 inch " smiley " face on the very lowest part that can be

considered abdomen!!! I took the dressing off yesterday! I was so worried

about dealing with this stupid catheter that I had forgotten that I was supposed

to take the dressing off!!! Dr. L gives you a handle to pull the dressing off

with! Now how cool is that!!

My TL was just a tiny incision in my belly button. No other openings. Boy that

guy sure did a lot of damage through such a tiny hole!!!!

Janice

Re: Janice -

janice,

Im glad you starting to get around, I had a laposcopathy March 2002.My

incision was small~ and I wasn't too sore either. My belly swelled up though.

I looked PG, LOL!!I was sore about the first couple days, then back to normal

activities.It felt weird having my belly cut though.had the belly button, top

of pubic bone, & both overies with small incisions,You can barely see the

scars now.

Hugs Tina

Guest guest

OOPS! Yes, now I goofed. I purposefully kept part of this surgery from the

group and now I have let it out!! Guess I better explain to everyone what

happened to me! No you normally would not have a catheter beyond the surgery.

I had complications though! Courtesy of my TL doctor whom we unaffectionately

call dr. cocaine.

I'll explain in a bit!

Janice

Re: Janice

janice,

Did you come home with a catheter?If so for how long? I think what Im most

scared of is the emema? In cision itself. I gotta run to the store I will be

back soon though.

Hugs Tina

• 5 years later...
Guest guest

Tina,

Thank you so much for the Hallmark card and the very sweet note. Thank you so much for the kind words of encouragement. From one WV girl to another....you made my day.

I have been worried about you. Are you recovering from your cold (or flu)? You are so brave and I am so proud of you. Those old hills breed strong women, huh?

Hugs, Joyce D.Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) Rejected for Transplant 2006 .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

Guest guest

Thanks, Peggy! I may take you up on that sometime. Don't be

surprised if I call on you someday for directions! Lol.

God Bless,

Tina

IPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio

> > >

> > >

> > > Tina,

> > >

> > > Thank you so much for the Hallmark card and the very sweet

note.

> > Thank

> > > you so much for the kind words of encouragement. From one WV

girl

> > to

> > > another....you made my day.

> > >

> > > I have been worried about you. Are you recovering from your

cold

> > (or

> > > flu)? You are so brave and I am so proud of you. Those old

hills

> > breed

> > > strong women, huh?

> > >

> > > Hugs, Joyce D.

> > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary

> > Hypertension

> > > 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's,

etc)

> > > Rejected for Transplant 2006

> > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the

> > palm of

> > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

Leanne: I will let you know when my meeting is with the Governor's

office. I may present a topic itinerary to you for review and

comment before I go, just to make sure I have all I need. I am

comfortable in this type of setting (one on one) versus speach,

however, I am also looking into speaking to some larger groups. So,

I will welcome any advice, reassurance and most of all just knowing

you're there! Thanks again.

God Bless,

Tina

IPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio

> > >

> > >

> > > Tina,

> > >

> > > Thank you so much for the Hallmark card and the very sweet note.

> > Thank

> > > you so much for the kind words of encouragement. From one WV

girl

> > to

> > > another....you made my day.

> > >

> > > I have been worried about you. Are you recovering from your cold

> > (or

> > > flu)? You are so brave and I am so proud of you. Those old hills

> > breed

> > > strong women, huh?

> > >

> > > Hugs, Joyce D.

> > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary

> > Hypertension

> > > 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)

> > > Rejected for Transplant 2006

> > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the

> > palm of

> > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

> ---------------------------------

> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.

>

Guest guest

Tina

You are the model for advocating for oneself. When you do have a chance,

there have been some new ones to join who are falling into a financial

black hole waiting for social security disability or other things. You

shared before, but any refreshing you can do would be great. You just

sucked it up and went to work asking and seeking the assistance you

deserved, when it would have been so easy just to throw your hands up

and quit. With your determination, if or rather when you get a

transplant nothing will stand in your way. Not only do I care about you

and Kaleb, I have tremendous respect for your resiliancy in the face of

adversity.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Tina,

> > > >

> > > > Thank you so much for the Hallmark card and the very sweet

> note.

> > > Thank

> > > > you so much for the kind words of encouragement. From one WV

> girl

> > > to

> > > > another....you made my day.

> > > >

> > > > I have been worried about you. Are you recovering from your

> cold

> > > (or

> > > > flu)? You are so brave and I am so proud of you. Those old

> hills

> > > breed

> > > > strong women, huh?

> > > >

> > > > Hugs, Joyce D.

> > > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary

> > > Hypertension

> > > > 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's,

> etc)

> > > > Rejected for Transplant 2006

> > > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the

> > > palm of

> > > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Guest guest

No problem. Would be glad to help. LeanneTina wrote: Leanne: I will let you know when my meeting is with the Governor's office. I may present a topic itinerary to you for review and comment before I go, just to make sure I have all I need. I am comfortable in this type of setting (one on one) versus speach, however, I am also looking into speaking to some larger groups. So, I will welcome any advice, reassurance and most of all just knowing

you're there! Thanks again.God Bless,TinaIPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio> > >> > >> > > Tina,> > >> > > Thank you so much for the Hallmark card and the very sweet note.> > Thank> > > you so much for the kind words of encouragement. From one WV girl> > to> > > another....you made my day.> > >> > > I have been worried about you. Are you recovering from your cold> > (or> > > flu)? You are so brave and I am so proud of you. Those old hills> > breed> > > strong women, huh?> > >> > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary> > Hypertension> > > 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)> > > Rejected for

Transplant 2006> > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the> > palm of> > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > >> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

Guest guest

Tina....good luck as our advocate. I know you will do a super job!!

Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Tina

No problem. Would be glad to help.

LeanneTina <tjnikita> wrote:

Leanne: I will let you know when my meeting is with the Governor's office. I may present a topic itinerary to you for review and comment before I go, just to make sure I have all I need. I am comfortable in this type of setting (one on one) versus speach, however, I am also looking into speaking to some larger groups. So, I will welcome any advice, reassurance and most of all just knowing you're there! Thanks again.God Bless,TinaIPF 04/07 PH 11/07 Ohio> > >> > >> > > Tina,> > >> > > Thank you so much for the Hallmark card and the very sweet note.> > Thank> > > you so much for the kind words of encouragement. From one WV girl> > to> > > another....you made my day.> > >> > > I have been worried about you. Are you recovering from your cold> > (or> > > flu)? You are so brave and I am so proud of you. Those old hills> > breed> > > strong women, huh?> > >> > > Hugs, Joyce D.> > > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary> > Hypertension> > > 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)> > > Rejected for Transplant 2006> > > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the> > palm of> > > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16> > >> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------------> Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your homepage.>

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest

Tina, Love the new pictures. Ya know Leanne has been walking and can now RALLLY go a long time. I think an hour a day. She lost a lot of weight too. What I meant about the surgery for my sister was the recuperating part. She could only swallow enough liquid to swallow a vitamin. that was a sip. She ate one tablespoon at a meal. It was just very painful for her.  The main thing that would concern me would be the anise-tic.... not good with lungs that are compromised. Just my opinion. You know I had to put it in..  lol  Oh I am going to just be sick if I don't get to come to San ,, WAHHH WAWAWAAAA. ;(Take care of you and that sweet fisherman. Love and Prayers, PeggyHave a God Blessed Day Oh, beautiful baby photos! I just remember that smell of babies everytime I see a picture. I can't help but "ooo and awww" over babies. God Bless,TinaIPF PH Ohio>> > ,> > First of all, Darrah could not be more beautiful. She is a doll! She> must look a lot like at that age.> > Sara, is for one....big! What a strong baby, just holding that head up.> She is a curious little thing, I can tell. The pictures with her great> grandmother were precious. She is wonderful and I envy you.> > I like your house. I always wonder when people have a rack to hang> thier pots and pans up high.....do they use them at all? I can tell you> that mine would not add to the decor! They all look like they need to> be hidden and are. They serve me very well, however.> > Nice visit, I enjoyed it.> > Hugs, Joyce D.> Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension> 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) > Rejected for Transplant 2006> .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of> my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>

Guest guest

STUPID spell check.. lol  "anesthetic.."  now. There. Love and Prayers, PeggyHave a God Blessed Day Tina, Love the new pictures. Ya know Leanne has been walking and can now RALLLY go a long time. I think an hour a day. She lost a lot of weight too. What I meant about the surgery for my sister was the recuperating part. She could only swallow enough liquid to swallow a vitamin. that was a sip. She ate one tablespoon at a meal. It was just very painful for her.  The main thing that would concern me would be the anise-tic.... not good with lungs that are compromised. Just my opinion. You know I had to put it in..  lol  Oh I am going to just be sick if I don't get to come to San ,, WAHHH WAWAWAAAA. ;(Take care of you and that sweet fisherman.Love and Prayers, PeggyHave a God Blessed DayOh, beautiful baby photos! I just remember that smell of babies everytime I see a picture. I can't help but "ooo and awww" over babies. God Bless,TinaIPF PH Ohio>> > ,> > First of all, Darrah could not be more beautiful. She is a doll! She> must look a lot like at that age.> > Sara, is for one....big! What a strong baby, just holding that head up.> She is a curious little thing, I can tell. The pictures with her great> grandmother were precious. She is wonderful and I envy you.> > I like your house. I always wonder when people have a rack to hang> thier pots and pans up high.....do they use them at all? I can tell you> that mine would not add to the decor! They all look like they need to> be hidden and are. They serve me very well, however.> > Nice visit, I enjoyed it.> > Hugs, Joyce D.> Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension> 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) > Rejected for Transplant 2006> .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of> my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>

Guest guest

Peggy...you are concerned about going to San An. Is the finances you mentioned before or is it some other reason that may keep you home?

You're now probably afraid to leave with the firebug next door!

Mama-Sher, age 69. IPF 3-06, OR. Don't fret about tomorrow, God is already there!

Re: Re: Tina

STUPID spell check.. lol "anesthetic.." now. There.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

Have a God Blessed Day

Tina, Love the new pictures. Ya know Leanne has been walking and can now RALLLY go a long time. I think an hour a day. She lost a lot of weight too.

What I meant about the surgery for my sister was the recuperating part. She could only swallow enough liquid to swallow a vitamin. that was a sip. She ate one tablespoon at a meal. It was just very painful for her.

The main thing that would concern me would be the anise-tic.... not good with lungs that are compromised.

Just my opinion. You know I had to put it in.. lol

Oh I am going to just be sick if I don't get to come to San ,, WAHHH WAWAWAAAA. ;(

Take care of you and that sweet fisherman.

Love and Prayers, Peggy

Have a God Blessed Day

Oh, beautiful baby photos! I just remember that smell of babies everytime I see a picture. I can't help but "ooo and awww" over babies. God Bless,TinaIPF PH Ohio>> > ,> > First of all, Darrah could not be more beautiful. She is a doll! She> must look a lot like at that age.> > Sara, is for one....big! What a strong baby, just holding that head up.> She is a curious little thing, I can tell. The pictures with her great> grandmother were precious. She is wonderful and I envy you.> > I like your house. I always wonder when people have a rack to hang> thier pots and pans up high.....do they use them at all? I can tell you> that mine would not add to the decor! They all look like they need to> be hidden and are. They serve me very well, however.> > Nice visit, I enjoyed it.> > Hugs, Joyce D.> Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary Hypertension> 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc) > Rejected for Transplant 2006> .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the palm of> my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16>

Guest guest

Bonnie May you've hit it on the head.....DO STUFF while you're waiting for OTHER stuff to happen.....

NOW, I'm always jumping up from my laptop & going for a race around the house while I wait for something to download ..YOU don't have to race,WALKING is just fine!

(I used to SIT & watch the dumb screen load...how DUMB is THAT!!!!!!)

Sometimes I grab my little hand weights that are kept next to my Laptop & jump up & do arm exercises while I wait...or SIT & do arm exercises.....IT REALLY TRULY makes a DIFFERENCE!

That's one of my SCILLY secrets!

GIO>> > i am sure it wont be long until you lose the other 30lb> so i think you have made a wise decision. > > with your own kitchen, warmer weather, pulm rehab etc., and> motivation like kaleb you will keep losing. just aim for> 10lbs at a time then have a few treats and start again. > > i do some of pulm rehab exercises at home daily. if i'm standing > waiting for kettle to boil i will do some of the marching.> (not all the time - i am very lazy).> > may uip 0606> glasgow scotland>

Guest guest

Thanks for the compliments everyone. My sister (Candy) lives in

Nashville, Tennessee, and while she was in the beginning of March to

take care of me while I was sick (again), she insisted we have these

pictures taken. I was not up for it, but I put on my " happy face "

and went to Wal-Mart photo sudio. It just happened to be right

before Easter too, so lots of little kids getting their pictures

taken, and then there was two grown women! I felt silly, but I did

it for her.

God Bless,

Tina

IPF PH Ohio

> >

> >

> > ,

> >

> > First of all, Darrah could not be more beautiful. She is a doll!

> She

> > must look a lot like at that age.

> >

> > Sara, is for one....big! What a strong baby, just holding that

> head up.

> > She is a curious little thing, I can tell. The pictures with her

> great

> > grandmother were precious. She is wonderful and I envy you.

> >

> > I like your house. I always wonder when people have a rack to

hang

> > thier pots and pans up high.....do they use them at all? I can

> tell you

> > that mine would not add to the decor! They all look like they

need

> to

> > be hidden and are. They serve me very well, however.

> >

> > Nice visit, I enjoyed it.

> >

> > Hugs, Joyce D.

> > Pulmonary Fibrosis 1997 Bronchiectasis 2004 Pulmonary

> Hypertension

> > 2008 Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, RA, Sjogren's, etc)

> > Rejected for Transplant 2006

> > .....I will not forget you. Behold, I have engraved you on the

> palm of

> > my hands. Isaiah 49: 15-16

> >

>