RemedySpot.com

I couldn't do it

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Had kinda a rough evening with the kids...ended up sending them to bed early. I was starting to get a little hungry and was feeling that the best way to "de-stress" was with a good old fashioned binge. So I whipped up myself a HUGE bowl of my favorite binge food and plopped down in front of the tv to do some serious numbing. I got about 5 bites in and realized that I just couldn't continue. I threw the rest of the food away and pulled out a small bagel with cream cheese as I felt I needed something to combat all the sugar...even then I wasn't even able to eat 1/2 the bagel. Other than feeling a little nauseated from all the sugar, I still feel pretty comfortable.

WOW!!! I'm still stunned that I could not get myself to continue with the binge!!! In one sense I'm thrilled that IE is starting to work, in another sense I'm kinda sad that I couldn't finish off my favorite food.

Thanks for letting me share.

God Bless,

Dayna:)Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.

Hi Dayna,

I understand what your saying. My favorite " surgar coma " type food

has lost a great deal of it's appeal for me too. When I started IE,

my fear was that, that would never happen. But It's not even a

conscious thing any more, I just don't even think about any more than

maybe once a week (it used to be a severe ceaving every day).

I understand being a little sad too. My favorite " numbing " food

played an important role in my life for a long time. It's a little

sad to loose it, but the good thing is that from time to time I do

have it, so it's not like I have to swear it off like on a diet.

Arnie

>

>

> Had kinda a rough evening with the kids...ended up sending them to

bed early. I was starting to get a little hungry and was feeling that

the best way to " de-stress " was with a good old fashioned binge. So I

whipped up myself a HUGE bowl of my favorite binge food and plopped

down in front of the tv to do some serious numbing. I got about 5

bites in and realized that I just couldn't continue. I threw the rest

of the food away and pulled out a small bagel with cream cheese as I

felt I needed something to combat all the sugar...even then I wasn't

even able to eat 1/2 the bagel. Other than feeling a little

nauseated from all the sugar, I still feel pretty comfortable.

>

> WOW!!! I'm still stunned that I could not get myself to continue

with the binge!!! In one sense I'm thrilled that IE is starting to

work, in another sense I'm kinda sad that I couldn't finish off my

favorite food.

>

> Thanks for letting me share.

>

> God Bless,

> Dayna:)

> _________________________________________________________________

> Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail.

> http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?

ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_access_112008

>

way to go Dayna thanks so much for sharing your story. I am glad your body is starting to adjust to IE Eva

Had kinda a rough evening with the kids...ended up sending them to bed early. I was starting to get a little hungry and was feeling that the best way to "de-stress" was with a good old fashioned binge. So I whipped up myself a HUGE bowl of my favorite binge food and plopped down in front of the tv to do some serious numbing. I got about 5 bites in and realized that I just couldn't continue. I threw the rest of the food away and pulled out a small bagel with cream cheese as I felt I needed something to combat all the sugar...even then I wasn't even able to eat 1/2 the bagel. Other than feeling a little nauseated from all the sugar, I still feel pretty comfortable. WOW!!! I'm still stunned that I could not get myself to continue with the binge!!! In one sense I'm thrilled that IE is starting to work, in another sense I'm kinda sad that I couldn't finish off my favorite food. Thanks for letting me share. God Bless,Dayna:)

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today. One site has it all. Your email accounts, your social networks, and the things you love. Try the new AOL.com today!

That is so awesome Barbra. I love being able to eat wonderful food, save some, and know that I can have more later.

God Bless,

Dayna:)

To: IntuitiveEating_Support From: bbspaller@...Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 09:47:00 -0800Subject: Re: I couldn't do it

That is wonderful Dayna! When something like that happens it's a huge accomplishment! I thought I'd share one I had the other day. I took my kids out to Bob for dinner. Since I'm doing IE now I can eat whatever, right? So I ordered the cinnamon stuffed pancakes, something I've never allowed myself to have before. I ate about 1/3 of it and realized I was full. I then got a take home box and have had the other thirds for breakfast the last 2 mornings. It was great because I got to order what I wanted and then was able to savor the flavor at 2 other meals! I'd love to hear others accomplishments!!Barbra

From: Dayna P <aaamammahotmail>Subject: I couldn't do itTo: "intuitiveeating" <intuitiveeating_support >Date: Saturday, November 22, 2008, 10:22 PM

Had kinda a rough evening with the kids...ended up sending them to bed early. I was starting to get a little hungry and was feeling that the best way to "de-stress" was with a good old fashioned binge. So I whipped up myself a HUGE bowl of my favorite binge food and plopped down in front of the tv to do some serious numbing. I got about 5 bites in and realized that I just couldn't continue. I threw the rest of the food away and pulled out a small bagel with cream cheese as I felt I needed something to combat all the sugar...even then I wasn't even able to eat 1/2 the bagel. Other than feeling a little nauseated from all the sugar, I still feel pretty comfortable. WOW!!! I'm still stunned that I could not get myself to continue with the binge!!! In one sense I'm thrilled that IE is starting to work, in another sense I'm kinda sad that I couldn't finish off my favorite food. Thanks for letting me share. God Bless,Dayna:)

Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today. Access your email online and on the go with Windows Live Hotmail. Sign up today.