Re: Re: Frustrated With Food Labelling

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Katcha wrote:

> Styxia - I will have to give your post more thought before I respond

> and I['m not yet sure I can reply with anything really constructive :(

> However, I do want you to know that it may be 'quiet' here a the group

> for a day or so because with Thanksgiving 'feast' happening in the US,

> most people are away from their computers with family and friends.

Hey, thanks for your " pre-post " . :-)

I already thought that people won't be writing much today. T-day really

is a big one in the US, right? :-)

Regards

s.

wrote:

> Wow!? Now I am feeling?a horrible amount of guilt over my bacon cheese

> burger and fries I ate last night.? All of that stuff you listed sounded

> really healthy to me.

Sorry, didn't want you to feel bad.

Regards

s.

Hi ...I wanted to thank you for posting this the other day. It has really helped me! Last spring I gave up coffee and tea because the caffeine was giving me weird heart sensations. The doctor said it was most likely from the caffeine and I gave it up and felt a lot better. Well the last few months I started slowly drinking more and more coffee. And I started having more and more of the heart sensations (it feels like it skips a beat but the doctor says it's actually two really fast beats and then there is a gap because it goes back to its normal rhythm). So the last few days I've stopped drinking coffee again. It's been hard but I keep telling myself "you can have the coffee but it doesn't make your body feel good." It puts the focus on me and my body and that it's my choice rather than just labelling it

"unhealthy." Thanks again! :)

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)

Maybe it would be helpful if, instead of saying "This food is healthy" or "This food is unhealthy", we try saying, "This food makes my body feel good" or "This food does not make my body feel good."

Recent Activity

New Members

New FilesVisit Your Group

Yahoo! Health

Healthy Aging

Improve your

quality of life.

Meditation and

Lovingkindness

A Yahoo! Group

to share and learn.

Sell Online

Start selling with

our award-winning

e-commerce tools.

Now with a new friend-happy design! Try the new Yahoo! Canada Messenger

I've tried decaf before and didn't like it but maybe I'll give it another shot. I like the warmth too...it's kinda a comfort thing for me. But it doesn't really comfort me to get those weird heart things! I find I feel better and even sleep better at night when I don't drink caffeinated stuff.

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)

Subject: Re: Frustrated With "Food Labelling"To: IntuitiveEating_Support Received: Tuesday, December 2, 2008, 10:27 AM

Kip, I've been drinking decaffeinated coffee for many years. I lovethe taste and having a warm cup in the morning. I really don't neednor miss any caffeine 'lift'! ehugs, KatchaIEing since March 2007>So the last few days I've stopped drinking coffee again. It's beenhard but I keep telling myself "you can have the coffee but it doesn'tmake your body feel good." It puts the focus on me and my body andthat it's my choice rather than just labelling it "unhealthy." Thanksagain! :)> > Kipkabob> (Intuitive eating since September 2006)

Yahoo! Canada Toolbar : Search from anywhere on the web and bookmark your favourite sites. Download it now!

It's been years since I tried it (long before IE) and I've always been told it's bad for you because of the chemicals they use to remove the caffeine so that may have affected my opinion of it. I'm going to try it again with an open mind! I actually hadn't even thought of decaf as an option until Katcha suggested it yesterday. My mind just went to "can't have coffee" and focused on that!

Kipkabob

(Intuitive eating since September 2006)>> Kip, there's decaf and there's decaf. Try some different brands (the > best tasting sorts are the the ones you use with a plunger).> > You might also want to start out using half regular/half decaf for a > while, and wean yourself onto it. Or just stay using half and half > and see if that's enough to help you feel any better.> > Sig> > > > > >So the last few days I've stopped drinking coffee again. It's been> > hard but I keep telling myself "you can have the coffee but it > doesn't> > make your body feel good." It puts the focus on me and my body and> > that it's my choice rather than just labelling it "unhealthy." > Thanks> > again! :)> > > > > > Kipkabob> > > (Intuitive eating since September 2006)> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________

_________ _________ _> > Get the name you've always wanted @ymail.com or @rocketmail. com! Go > to http://ca.promos. yahoo.com/ jacko/> >>

Ask a question on any topic and get answers from real people. Go to Yahoo! Answers.