RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: just talking

Rate this topic

Guest guest

What happens to me is when I have been doing well, not IE, but sort of...( I have to get the book) but I eat when hungry and feel really good. But when I get on the scale I gain weight and that just really makes me sad and ruins my whole day. I'm so stuck on the number. This is when I'm watching myself...not obcessing, but watching.

But when I don't watch and eat when and what I want....and forget abuot dieting, I always seem to lose weight.

Now, my relationship with food is I'm not paying attention and eating what is offered to me. A lot a little, doesn't matter. If its put in front of me I'll eat it. So now, I need to pay attention to what I'm doing....does that make sense? I'm buying the book on the 3rd and I can't wait!

**************Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW AOL.com. (http://www.aol.com/?optin=new-dp & icid=aolcom40vanity & ncid=emlcntaolcom00000002)

What really helped me was getting rid of the scale. I gave it away. Everytime I saw a gain I got depressed and went on a binge. I threw away my diet books, got rid of the scales. I only ate what I REALLY wanted when I was REALLY hungry. Lo & behold months later they weighed me at the drs office and I had lost 20 lbs.

I'm 44 and had been a "slave to the scale" for so long. My whole day or weeks were ruined by stupid numbers. They don't matter! YOU do!

Subject: Re: just talkingTo: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:57 AM

Hi ,Awareness is one of the first steps. For some its one of the babysteps that begin the IE journey. Like really tasting your food,savoring your progress, in any way you can make, it is a sweet delighttoo. The number on the scale is just a number - YOU are a person withso much more going for you than a single 'label' or statistic!ehugs, KatchaIEing since March 2007>> What happens to me is when I have been doing well, not IE, but sortof...( I > have to get the book) but I eat when hungry and feel really good. But when I > get on the scale I gain weight and that just really makes me sad andruins my > whole day. I'm so stuck on the number. This is when I'm watching > myself...not

obcessing, but watching.> > But when I don't watch and eat when and what I want....and forget abuot > dieting, I always seem to lose weight. > > Now, my relationship with food is I'm not paying attention andeating what is > offered to me. A lot a little, doesn't matter. If its put in frontof me > I'll eat it. So now, I need to pay attention to what I'mdoing....does that > make sense? I'm buying the book on the 3rd and I can't wait!> > > > ************ **> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW > AOL.com. (http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & amp; icid=aolcom40van ity & amp;> ncid=emlcntaolcom00 000002)>

i just keep reminding myself that even if i gain weight, i am making progress in " the process " . so even if i did, it was still a success, in that way.

also, remember the graph of weight loss in the IE book... it looks like the stock market (in better days) a gradual, jagged decline, with lots of little peaks and valleys... it's not a straight line!

we continue to move forward in learning... its a lifelong journey!

What really helped me was getting rid of the scale. I gave it away. Everytime I saw a gain I got depressed and went on a binge. I threw away my diet books, got rid of the scales. I only ate what I REALLY wanted when I was REALLY hungry. Lo & behold months later they weighed me at the drs office and I had lost 20 lbs.

I'm 44 and had been a " slave to the scale " for so long. My whole day or weeks were ruined by stupid numbers. They don't matter! YOU do!

Subject: Re: just talking

To: IntuitiveEating_Support Date: Sunday, November 30, 2008, 10:57 AM

Hi ,Awareness is one of the first steps. For some its one of the babysteps that begin the IE journey. Like really tasting your food,savoring your progress, in any way you can make, it is a sweet delight

too. The number on the scale is just a number - YOU are a person withso much more going for you than a single 'label' or statistic!ehugs, KatchaIEing since March 2007

>> What happens to me is when I have been doing well, not IE, but sort

of...( I > have to get the book) but I eat when hungry and feel really good. But when I > get on the scale I gain weight and that just really makes me sad andruins my > whole day. I'm so stuck on the number. This is when I'm watching

> myself...not obcessing, but watching.> > But when I don't watch and eat when and what I want....and forget abuot > dieting, I always seem to lose weight. > > Now, my relationship with food is I'm not paying attention and

eating what is > offered to me. A lot a little, doesn't matter. If its put in frontof me > I'll eat it. So now, I need to pay attention to what I'mdoing....does that > make sense? I'm buying the book on the 3rd and I can't wait!

> > > > ************ **> Life should be easier. So should your homepage. Try the NEW > AOL.com. (http://www.aol. com/?optin= new-dp & amp; icid=aolcom40van ity & amp;

> ncid=emlcntaolcom00 000002)>